[PRP] The Stars Seem Very Different (Jordan & Horace) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 pm
Horace snorted, his hands stilling for a second before they moved. "That sounds like an actual could-be-a-real-myth thing. I can see it." Horace peered up at the stars for a second, then, without thinking, rested his chin on one of his hands... on Jordan's shoulder. "Do you see the star to the left - the one that kind of looks smudgy?" He tilted his head, almost bonking Jordan in the head, too.

"That's his eye, always open - the circle around it is his head and above it is his body. He started falling one day and couldn't stop, so the powers that be shunted him up into the sky where he's always falling towards the horizon. The day he reaches it will be The End." Horace huffed out a breath. "Sorry, that was pretty lame - I don't think I'm too good at this."

prolixity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 pm
"I'm in college, I have to know how to bullshit on the fly." Jordan slanted a sideways grin at Horace, and was surprised to find him somewhat closer than anticipated. He stayed still so as not to startle his friend.

"Nah, I like it. Enough mystery in it to be intriguing. Hmm. How about that one over there, just to the left of the cluster of stars?" He pointed. "It's the eye of a big fish. The biggest fish of all, swimming in the sea of the night to devour that little school of fish in front of it."

The Semblance of Unity

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:26 am
"Hey! I'm in college, too, but bullshitting a paper on magical containment didn't prep me for stars." In their multitudes, he hummed for a second.

Horace peered at the sky, trying to see the fish. "That's kind of gruesome. What happens if he eats all the stars?" After a moment: "Pass me my beer?"

prolixity

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:05 pm
"Magical containment? Which class was that for?" Jordan asked, genuinely interested. The differences in the world sometimes caught him off guard when he least expected it.

He hummed thoughtfully, and said with relish, "The end of the world. Can't have a night sky with no stars, right?" He leaned over to snag Horace's beer and present it solemnly to him.

The Semblance of Unity

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 pm
"It's a class about law enforcement with magical people. Since they are way more hard to both police and jail than those without magical talent. A lot of times, they tend to be - depending on the severity of the crime - given those ankle bracelets to at least track them. But it's just... difficult, since no one really knows what sorts of magical talent any given person could have." And that was also why some people had wanted a magical registry. Gross.

Horace took a swig from the beer, leaning back away from Jordan to peer again at the stars. "Kinda morbid." Abruptly, he flopped on his back and almost drowned trying to take another drink.

"A night with no stars. I think that would just make me feel lonely. Though I guess it wouldn't matter because I'd be dead." He grinned. "Heard the end of the world was coming, anyway."

prolixity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces