[PRP] Rush (Oliver & Jamie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:11 pm
    "Special... shoes..." Oliver tried to imagine what these might look like, and then shook his head. "Sure, yeah, that works. I can try and get us out again?"

He reached behind him and grabbed his tail rather forcefully because it had been swishing the entire time. It was making him feel more antsy.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:14 pm
Ah, Jamie could understand being antsy, but poor tail. Rather than telling him he'd learn better control over it with time, he went the same route Oliver had with the shoes and shook his head.

"Yeah, if you could that would be great. It was really helpful."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:13 pm
    "Alright, alright..." He set his focus back to the test, unhanding his tail. The park was a wide open space though; no corridors, no gates. He started walking off in an arbitrary direction absentmindedly. It just... felt right.

"What was your first time like...?" He asked quietly.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:37 am
Without question, Jamie followed. Magic, he thought, had proven itself half-intuition anyway. Eventually they'd find their way out, probably sooner than later considering how impressive Ollie's ability to detect holes in the veil on their way here had been.

"Honestly," he said, sounding calm but solemn, "it was scary. A lady I'd never met before showed up, told me what I was, and left. If it weren't for the others, I would've been alone and that would've been awful. Even with everyone else, I was still scared."

He played loosely with his hands in front of him. "I wish I had been able to go straight home afterward, but that's when Blackfriars happened. It was a long night."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:13 pm
    He nodded. "Shiloh told me about Blackfrairs, a little." He rubbed the back of his neck before wincing at the sensation on his fingertips. "Sounded pretty rough. I actually—" he sucked in a quick breath "—I knew something had happened that night. But he wouldn't tell me. I was kinda pissed at him for a while. Everyone has their secrets, but..."

He sighed. "I mean, it's in the past now so it's not like it matters. He prolly thought he was being all noble keeping my nose out of this magic s**t, but I ended up involved anyway." He shrugged.

"I was really scared at first too, but it isn't so bad... Just kinda annoying." His tail was swishing again now that he had let it go. "I guess it helps that you know what's going on."

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 pm
"His intentions were definitely good," Jamie said quickly, even knowing he didn't need to. This was Shiloh's twin, this was the last person he needed to assure about that. "But I get that... Magic is kind of a big deal." Trying to remember a simpler time where magic wasn't a thing was hard. Funnily enough, it felt a lot like he'd always dealt with this, not just for the past year or so.

"I kinda wish we had told you before you actually found out. I'm... really sorry you were pretty much thrown headfirst into everything." After all, Jamie hadn't liked that feeling, either, and he sure wouldn't have wished months of doubt and weird feelings on anyone who was left in the dark.

"Because you're right... It doesn't really matter what kind of magic it is, it helps to know what's going on."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:21 pm
    He nodded, "I understand why he did it. I probably would've done the same thing too... plus, not too long after that, there was the whole... weird thing..." That was something Oliver didn't know either, or at least was sorely lacking in the full story. "I left to go to Cali after that, I remember, 'cause Shiloh started acting like a massive d**k and I couldn't deal with him and dad." He seemed... bitter about this still.

"And then the whole amnesia thing." He stopped abruptly, ears perked up. "Sorry, I think—" He closed his eyes and absorbed the weird feeling. "—there's an opening around here."

He moved to turn down an alleyway.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:36 pm
When Oliver stopped, Jamie stopped, his own ears tall and alert. It was quick, just like he thought it would be. Following him, he briefly chewed his lip ring in thought. It was a habit he'd tried not to form, but Jamie was nothing if not susceptible to any and all nervous ticks.

"I don't... really think tonight is a good night. Maybe not tomorrow, either," that might depend on how things went between Ollie and Eli, "but..." he cleared his throat like he was deciding whether to go through with it or not, "... the next day, definitely. If you want. We can talk about the weird thing." It wasn't right to keep leaving him in the dark.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 pm
    He shrugged. "Shiloh would tell me if he actually wanted me to know." That was some of the classic Beaumont stubbornness showing. "I get it. Was probably some weird magic s**t like always." He waved his hand.

And with the wave, the veil seemed to dissipate around them. The world came back into color. The trees wooshed slightly with a soft breeze. A car could be heard in the distance.

"...still so ********' weird." He looked around like he couldn't believe himself.

saedusk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:48 pm
"I think maybe he's just not sure how to," Jamie said, but left it alone. That Beaumont stubbornness was something he could easily recognize now and he knew tonight wasn't the time to argue it. It was late and they were both ready to go home. Lucky for them, home was just around the corner.

"Yeah," he let out a laugh small and airy, "It's still weird. It doesn't get any less weird." The noise, the life of this Ashdown was always something he'd prefer. "Oh, looks like we're not that far from my house, though. We can run in and get my shoes and I'll walk you home."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:34 pm
    Despite Jamie dropping it, Oliver took the comment to heart. It was something he was actually a little bitter about, but at this point he had no doubt that Jamie knew him better. Maybe Oliver knew the old Shiloh more in depth, but as far as the magic and all the things that came after it...

...Oliver hadn't been there to support him. Granted, he never had the chance to, but the point still stood. It made him look a little sad; thanks for coming out of ******** nowhere, stupid insecurities.

"Sure, yeah. S'fine." He looked a little nervous to be out in public, but was willing enough to take Jamie's lead.

saedusk
idk why this got sad LOL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:59 am
It would be a quick stop off. Jamie ran inside, kissed a sleeping Shiloh's cheek, and ran back out with a few different things, but most notably shoes that would look way too big to anyone who knew him. They covered his feet with the help of his jeans, at least, and he was practiced at walking in them now.

"Here, I thought this would help, too," he said, handing over a hat to hide the ears and a sweatshirt to tie around his waist for the tail. If he wanted them, of course. Jamie had already decked himself out the same way.

The look on Oliver's face made him hesitate, though. "Hey... you okay?" Obviously he wasn't okay, not after morphing into a goddamn raccoon, but despite not knowing his internal struggle with his insecurities, Jamie felt a touch of worry regardless.

Melancholies
damn it mels

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52 pm
    Ollie lingered outside, his eyes fixated on the moon hanging in the sky. It was still wondrous and bright, the light reflecting off of his eyes in an uncanny sort of way. They flashed back to Jamie whenever he finally came out.

"Ah, thanks Jamie." He took the hat and the jacket thankfully, applying them both quickly. "And yeah, I mean—" He fell silent for a second, "—as well as I can be. Just tired, y'know?" It wasn't a total lie. Either way, he didn't want to make himself sad. There'd be time to mope later if he felt like it.

"The apartment is kind of a ways away." He mentioned off hand. "You don't have to walk me the whole way."

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:35 am
"Yeah..." Jamie replied with a small, soft smile. "If you need to talk after this or anything... you have my number." Reaching out, he gave Oliver's shoulder a quick, affectionate rub before he started walking.

The plan was still to walk him the whole way, but Jamie was flexible. If Ollie wanted a little alone time or something, he wouldn't push.

"How about... you can let me know when we're halfway there or something?"

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:00 am
    Oiver nodded, about to shrun him off again when the touch came to his shoulder, warm and relaxing and pack. He wasn't sure if he'd ever get used to the overwhelming sensation of belonging and home and family; hell, he wasn't sure that he wanted to. Let every touch be a plesant surprise.

"Thanks Jamie. I know." He said after a long pause, his posture subdued compared to before. "And I'll let you know, but it'll be a while..." he warned.

But he decided he wouldn't mind the company or bash Jamie's gentle nature to want to be there. Honestly the night had gone far easier than he was expecting, even if it was full of a lot of startling shocks. Of all the ******** things...

a raccoon.

saedusk
a fresh tag first thing in the morn

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out