Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:39 pm
Whatever you think fits the Dark Elf Motif 😏  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 pm
Marc Gosgosh
Pwnder
Marc Gosgosh

Well, I'm not picky. Anything that you would like to give me to use a gold sink material and sell in the mp. People like RIGs so........ if that helps?

Ya know, really....... ninja you could just do what I do and list random things in the MP at a 0 bid starting price. Run them for one day only at a time and I promise you won't be sorry. I wanted to get rid of a bunch of things in my inventory and was to lazy to bother and price them all so I just threw them out there starting at 0 and it evolved into my 15 minute auctions as they are now. It's actually been fun for me.......just saying.

Ok, gotcha.
RIGs are quite a nice idea and I'll try to get some extra spicy ones from Fafnir. ETA: a few hours mrgreen

And the 0g starting bid idea is also very intrigueing. Will try that one for sure.

Thanks for the goodies! It pained me to open the last one, but my curiosity got the best of me. I saved the PM. wink
Glad you enjoyed my Dumpster dump! razz
Doing that was part of my gold sink efforts. I buy a bunch of gold shop RIGS and just throw them in there to burn up some gold and put more items in circulation. I should probably start making regularly scheduled dumps actually. I get more attention to my vend this way and they just give me the gold back through bidding on my items.

As for the auctions I've got a following of 170+ users watching my store all the time and the number keeps growing each week. Auctions are addicting for the buyer so it adds a bit of fun to Gaia for some people. It keeps me busy when I'm here and I've met some really cool people because of it. I rarely have anything returned to my inventory with no bids. It's not a big deal to me when something sells too cheap, it just adds to the lure for more users to watch my vend. It's great because users will set their own value of item by out bidding each other and I don't have to do it. This also frees me from the accusations of inflating the price of an item, which I do not support, as well as sidesteps the need to untick the GC purchase option box when listing because auctions don't generate gold, ha!. It's just list it and go!

I guess I'm Gaia rich from what I gather, but it means nothing when I'm selfishly using the gold to improve my avi, which is dumb actually. It's only these last few years that I think I've found a place on Gaia in my 13 years here. Even though inflation and miserable management was the worst thing to happen to Gaia, it turned out to be the most awesome adventure for me as a Gaian.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 am
Darius Runan
Whatever you think fits the Dark Elf Motif 😏

I hope I wasnt too daring/racial but I gathered what I could find about the gaian dark elves and sent gifts accordingly. biggrin

Pwnder

Oh yes, I know of the addictive power of auctions lol been there, done that, came back. It will be hard getting even 50+ following users but hey, you gotta start slow and low.
And I agree wholeheartly with your last statement: Gaia can be a depressing place if one really wants to see it that way. On the other hand we have so many charities here, so many giveaways, so many users willing to help a quester...if you leave out the "noob bashing" (-> when you were not that stylish) in towns 8 years ago I never met one gaian who is/was an a*****e.
That is, IMO, proof that the gaian community is wellcomming and awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 am
Much obliged.

I'd think of my Gaian as a Kuro outsider. If we're going by Lore :p

I appreciate it  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm
Darius Runan

I appreciate it

Those words warm my heart. Thank you, I am glad you like them.

Still going strong, still have plenty items left.
If I can manage what I try to pull of right now there might be a small change (even more stuff for everyone!) coming next month. Stay tuned!

👜Charities, Quests and Freebies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff