Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm
    Out First Christmas

Shiloh was wearing an equally guady sweater—it came equipped with a thick turtleneck and a badly stitched drawing of what appeared to be two doves with turtle shells—as well as a santa hat on top of his head. He felt incredibly silly, but Jamie had insisted, and who was he to argue?

Regardless, he was busy pulling his plant magic to grow sprigs of mistletoe all around the house (another Delacroix request) when Ollie finally came over, barging the door open with his hands... surprisingly full, actually. Were those gifts really all for two people?

"Sorry I didn't knock this time." He said breathlessly as he set his haul down. He actually looked a little excited for it.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:02 pm
Our First Christmas

In the middle of planting a quick, sneaky kiss on Shiloh's cheek under one of his many sprigs of mistletoe, the door burst open and Jamie jumped damn near a foot off the ground. "Ollie!" he exclaimed, just as soon forgetting the fright when he noticed who it was. "That's okay! Oh man, I'm so glad you could come. Can I take your coat?"

His eyes fell to the presents and widened as he added, "W-Wow, you didn't need to do this much."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 pm
    Our First Christmas

"It's fine, it's fine." He said in a rush, pausing to pop his knuckles and stretch his stiff fingers. Shiloh peeked around the corner with the biggest grin on his face, offering a wave before going back to his festive activities.

"Honestly, there's not much in there." He explained as he started taking his coat off, "I asked Eli to buy some bags on his way home and he decided on the biggest ones in the entire store, I swear. Said that even though my gifts were small they had a 'big personality'." He sorted, but seemed genuinely amused, smiled a little bit.

"You cockblocked me and my boyfriend." Shiloh said as he walked back into the room, a tray of Christmas cookies in his hands. "Try one of these, they're ******** awesome." Steam was still wafting off of them—they were obviously fresh, just pulled out—"I've already had like three of 'em."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Our First Christmas

"Well, Elliot's not usually wrong, is he?" Jamie said with a small, amused laugh, helping move the bags closer to the Christmas tree. Having everything in one place, quaint and cute under the over-decorated tree, tied the atmosphere together nicely. "I can't wait to see what's in them, then. But first- Oh, the cookies!"

They were his mom's recipe, one passed down from her own mother. It was only about three months ago last year that she passed and his mother was determined to continue her traditions.

"Wow, what, you already had three?" He couldn't imagine when. They'd literally just come out. "Remember to chew your food, Shiloh," he teased.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:21 pm
    Out First Christmas

Shiloh watched the bags get moved around, his eyes wide and inquisitive. "Can we open them now?" He asked, because it was hard enough waiting until the actual twenty-fifth. "And I do chew 'em! Mostly. They wouldn't think about choking me."

Oliver rolled his eyes, but took a cookie regardless. When he took a bite, he very nearly gagged, "Shiloh these are scorching." He winced, "I didn't even taste anything."

Shiloh winked, which was bullshit because it really didn't mean anything. Instead he pawned the tray off on Ollie and made a beeline for the tree.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 pm
Our First Christmas

"Hey!" Jamie called, suddenly torn two ways at once. "You stay out of those, Shiloh! Presents are for after we eat. If you try to pull that tomorrow my gran will be all over you." Then he turned quickly to Ollie, his expression softening with concern. "Are you okay? Do you need a drink?" They'd only just begun and he'd already dulled his taste buds with hot lava cookies. It made Jamie feel bad.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 pm
    Our First Christmas

"It's just the ones from Ollie!" He huffed right back, but instead planted himself on the rug to watch more TV. "Can we change it? It's been running the same thing all day." And then he went to change it anyway to the fake fireplace log. He always got really excited when someone came to add more to it; live fire.

"He's hopeless, really." Oliver noted duly. "Water would be great, unless you happen to have tea. Here." He nudged him off into the kitchen together, wanting to give Whineloh Sobmont time alone with the television.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:41 pm
Our First Christmas

Honestly, Jamie hadn't bothered to try answering Shiloh's question because he knew exactly what would happen. Like clockwork, the channel changed, though it was surprisingly appropriate all things considered. If a tended fire on the TV could keep Shiloh occupied, Jamie wasn't going to complain.

"We do have tea," he said as he went without struggle into the kitchen, all the more pleased he could offer something a bit fancier than water. "Iced sweet tea or hot tea. We've got chamomile, lavender, earl grey... uhhh, there might be a few other stray teabags floating around, too."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:45 pm
    Out First Christmas

"Earl gray." Shiloh, apparently overhearing them, said this from the living room at the same time as Oliver. Honestly though, it only made Ollie laugh. "It's my favorite." He explained as he set his jacket down on the back of one of the kitchen chairs.

"Hopefully you like the gifts. It was a little short notice..." Coming up with a proper gift for his roommate had been difficult too, and he was experiencing anxiety from all ends of the "making sure everyone was properly pleased" spectrum. "I guess you're having Christmas with your family tomorrow?" He asked with genuine interest as he leaned against a counter.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:04 pm
Our First Christmas

It made Jamie laugh, too. Nosy, nosy Shiloh overhearing them from the living room. Still, it was endearing. If there was one thing he appreciated, it was the bond he'd gotten to see between the twins. He was glad they had each other.

"Earl grey it is," he put the kettle on and went to dig around the cabinets. "Yep, that's right. My gram comes over and we all have it together. Y'know, really, it sounds kinda corny but... I like getting together more than I like getting presents. I'm just glad you're here." Two boxes made their way to the counter, one earl grey, the other lavender. "Whatever the gifts are, they're gonna be great."

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:58 am
    Our First Christmas

Oliver shook his head, "No, I think I understand what you mean." He was eyeing up the brand name of the boxes that Jamie pulled out, but whether he approved or not was left to Jamie's thoughts. Either way he wasn't making any quips. "I mean, I'm sure you're aware holidays in our household weren't occasions at all..."

He trailed off with a wistful sort of sigh, "But, this sort of thing is kind of nice when you spend it with people you like." He gave Jamie an affectionate shove, probably just to get a healthy dose of the pack touch in for the day.

saedusk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:18 pm
Our First Christmas

Oblivious to Oliver's tea snobbery—though he'd hopefully be happy to see it wasn't a cheap brand, at least—Jamie moved on to picking out mugs. Half the cupboard was plain and white, but the other was obviously Jamie's and full of cups sporting sheep and cats and rabbits and all sorts of lovely pastel colors.

"Yeah, I know," he said, sounding kinda sad about it, but in a way that made it obvious he wouldn't let the thought get him down. "I hope we can make birthdays and holidays and everything something good from now on."

Turning to Ollie, he started to ask which mug he wanted, but was instead greeted by a shove. It was warm, though, hardly malicious, and it made Jamie smile in a soft sort of way. "You and Shiloh are really important to me, I hope you know that," it was somewhat sheepish.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:26 pm
    Out First Christmas

Oliver expected that. Anyone who was dating his brother had to be accustomed to rough displays of affection, and he was glad to see his thoughts were right on the money. Jamie smiled, he smiled, the warmth of pack still lingered on his palm. He had liked Jamie before, but he sure as hell liked him a lot more now thanks to this weird magic s**t; he didn't mind it.

"You're pretty alright." It was the best compliment Oliver had probably given out in months, if not years. "I can tell you're really important to Shiloh too. He's a lot different now—not in a bad way. Just—"

There was a rustling sound from the living room that sounded an awful lot like something—or someone—nosing around in tissue paper.

"Or maybe he hadn't changed much at all." Ollie laughed as he shook his head, more amused where there might have been annoyance in the past.

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:58 pm
Our First Christmas

"Ooooh, that Beaumont," was Jamie's immediate response, "No offense." After all, Oliver was a Beaumont, too, but last names were what Jamie and Shiloh used when one or the other was in so much trouble. "Didn't even give us a chance to get some tea." Which was to say there was plenty of time, because Jamie didn't plan on barging in there with reckless abandon or anything.

"We hear you in there!" he called, choosing two mugs on his own—both pastel pink, one sporting a circle of white silhouetted cats and the other a big, puffy sheep wearing a top hat—and pouring them both some hot water for their teabags.

"C'mon, we better get in there before he tears into everything." He held the mug out. There was a smile on his face that said he appreciated the compliments from earlier, even if he hadn't mentioned it.

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:08 pm
    Our First Christmas

Ollie snorted, "None taken. What'cha gonna do when you two shack up and have to share the same surname though?" He was completely joking, but was in a good enough mood for some teasing.

"I'm not opening it!" Shiloh called back, "Just... moving them to the side." Which was to say he had totally been peeking.

"It's fine." Oliver slowly entered the room behind Jamie, having grabbed the mug. "Actually, I worked pretty hard on those. You can open them up." He took to swirling his teabag around a little bit as he waited.

saedusk

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces