Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:32 pm
azuredreams
i had like this great thing typed up for you to read as well as a question but then i lost it.

so now you just get the question.

re: magic is a thing/known quantity

has everyone who has magic been magic from childhood or does it happen spontaneously? like for people who have civs who become dreamers, i would imagine it's spontaneous? but could we say that our characters that are coming in have had the magic since 5ever?

(i'm so sorry for this ramble)

It happens spontaneously. Characters coming in also had their magic happen spontaneously.

saedusk
How weird is it in this new world for Jamie to have those darling eldritch fish? Would it be on the same tier as magic technology? Is keeping othercreatures any more common now than it would've been before (i.e. those with othercats)?

Mostly I wanna know how eccentric people would think he was if he tried to share pictures of his babies. ó u ò

It's pretty weird. Probably weirder than magitech. Othercreatures are just as rare as they ever were!

cibarium
Could we maybe do a thread in the plot subforum for players to post the retconned elements their characters are coming home to if they want to? I'd love to get a bigger picture of things going on with other folks the same way you set up here.

If this is something players are interested in they are certainly welcome to set one up!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:01 pm
For weres infected by Michael Mitchell at Blackfriars, were they spontaneously developed weres in this world?  

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 pm
Daekie
For weres infected by Michael Mitchell at Blackfriars, were they spontaneously developed weres in this world?

That's your call!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:53 am
Would the personal notebook that Alg keeps on him at all times, which was with him while he was 'holding the door', be any different or would it retain his pre-meta life notes?

Would his grimoire have changed?  

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:22 am
iloveyouDIE
Would the personal notebook that Alg keeps on him at all times, which was with him while he was 'holding the door', be any different or would it retain his pre-meta life notes?

Would his grimoire have changed?

As he had these items on him, they will not have changed to reflect the new world. (Even if he left his grimoire behind it's still going to be the book he knows because it reacts to the Algernon touching it, not to the world around him.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:06 pm
Meta players experienced the missing time as four or five days. However, they are entering the reborn world on December 18 2016: family/friends/normal civilians will not have noticed them missing as there was another them in their place previously.

^ can you clarify this for a character that America is going to let keep his existing memories? I'm having a hard time figuring out how this actually works  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Rejam
Meta players experienced the missing time as four or five days. However, they are entering the reborn world on December 18 2016: family/friends/normal civilians will not have noticed them missing as there was another them in their place previously.

^ can you clarify this for a character that America is going to let keep his existing memories? I'm having a hard time figuring out how this actually works

Copy-pasting what I said in chat after Liz clarified a bit:
Civilians with preserved memories will awaken in the new world/timeline on the 18th of December. The last day they will remember is 1 Nov 2016. They won't remember the month and a half between 1 Nov and 18 Dec because it didn't occur for them. They weren't missing because they're entering the timeline in media res and replaced the version of them native to the timeline, and so their lifestyle is preserved or changed as much as you'd like it to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:03 pm
- so previously if people left ashdown for an extended period of time they would find that their magic faded away until it was gone entirely and return upon their return to ashdown.

does this still stand?

- would it be alright to say that jeremiah took over for edwards as chief of police a little bit earlier than he did in the previous? with the adjustments, my brain is going with the jeremiah in THIS universe pretty much went whole hog into being a police officer and moving up through the ranks. (this will break jeremiah's brain, i think, considering that he was happy with coasting until noble.)

- other ashdown is aware of the hop/change, but what about the places our characters are filling? i don't know what i'm asking here. maybe it's that basically: am i alright to go forth with the thought that reborn world jeremiah was a noble? ... and maybe had his own interactions with other ashdown that my jeremiah has no idea of that could later fuel plot fodder?

- what are some examples of people who are naturally magical/have magical abilities in this world? i still assume that it's not like how a strong will can do anything in other ashdown. basically what would be a power set/description of someone who naturally has magic in this world and isn't one of our PCs coming in be like?

- in regards to our characters doing magic in ashdown: so the "but it's tiring restrictions" are removed for abilities we have listed. what about simply trying magic? Uh ... like Liam holding the newspaper in front of him magically or doing like Queenie did in Fantastic Beasts and floating things around in the kitchen to speed up cooking (not the actual speeding up if cooking but the utensils/place setting stuff). Is this some thing possible but VERY tiring?

- i am running with jeremiah being known for being magical |: but that's a given, all things considered. the moment when i hopefully can be like reborn world jeremiah had more magic knowledge than the one taking his place does (many LOLz ensue). YAY FOR HAVING TO LEARN MOAR THINGS FOR THIS REBORN WORLD. oh right, the question: what kind of social stigma are we looking at for having magic? most keep it quiet, as you've already said, but what about for those that it's known?

- and now the most important question ever: TRUMP WASN'T ELECTED RIGHT? *puppy-dog eyes*

(I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just wanna make sure I get this tone/new setting right q_____q)  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:11 pm
Will characters involved in the meta 'retrieve' memories from their other selves along the way? Or is it something that can be worked towards/quested?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:02 pm
azuredreams
- so previously if people left ashdown for an extended period of time they would find that their magic faded away until it was gone entirely and return upon their return to ashdown.

does this still stand?

No

Quote:
- would it be alright to say that jeremiah took over for edwards as chief of police a little bit earlier than he did in the previous? with the adjustments, my brain is going with the jeremiah in THIS universe pretty much went whole hog into being a police officer and moving up through the ranks. (this will break jeremiah's brain, i think, considering that he was happy with coasting until noble.)

Sure

Quote:
- other ashdown is aware of the hop/change, but what about the places our characters are filling? i don't know what i'm asking here. maybe it's that basically: am i alright to go forth with the thought that reborn world jeremiah was a noble? ... and maybe had his own interactions with other ashdown that my jeremiah has no idea of that could later fuel plot fodder?

Other Ashdown is unchanged for reasons that will be revealed. It is constant throughout all timelines.
ETC: What this means is that the Other Ashdown attached to this timeline is the same Other Ashdown attached to the previous one. If "beta Jeremiah" was a noble, the other ashdown in which he held court has been supplanted by the OA we've always known.

Quote:
- what are some examples of people who are naturally magical/have magical abilities in this world? i still assume that it's not like how a strong will can do anything in other ashdown. basically what would be a power set/description of someone who naturally has magic in this world and isn't one of our PCs coming in be like?

They'd have a power set relatively similar to a PC, so a dreamer-level power, a riser-level power, and a couple beyond-strength powers.

Quote:
- in regards to our characters doing magic in ashdown: so the "but it's tiring restrictions" are removed for abilities we have listed. what about simply trying magic? Uh ... like Liam holding the newspaper in front of him magically or doing like Queenie did in Fantastic Beasts and floating things around in the kitchen to speed up cooking (not the actual speeding up if cooking but the utensils/place setting stuff). Is this some thing possible but VERY tiring?

This is not possible. You can try, but the only powers you have in Ashdown are the powers you've purchased.

Quote:
- i am running with jeremiah being known for being magical |: but that's a given, all things considered. the moment when i hopefully can be like reborn world jeremiah had more magic knowledge than the one taking his place does (many LOLz ensue). YAY FOR HAVING TO LEARN MOAR THINGS FOR THIS REBORN WORLD. oh right, the question: what kind of social stigma are we looking at for having magic? most keep it quiet, as you've already said, but what about for those that it's known?

Most people will be afraid of you. Trust isn't going to come easily, as a lot of people think that people with magic are more like Harry Potter wizards than what they are, which are people with a few very specific powers and skills. Even in careers that people with magic are guided into, such as the police or the military or government contracting, there's a strong feeling of "you go this far but you don't go further". So... a shimmery magic ceiling.

Quote:
- and now the most important question ever: TRUMP WASN'T ELECTED RIGHT? *puppy-dog eyes*

Um... I was planning to keep everything the same except Magic.

Quote:
(I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just wanna make sure I get this tone/new setting right q_____q)

is cool :>

Kolina
Will characters involved in the meta 'retrieve' memories from their other selves along the way? Or is it something that can be worked towards/quested?

There is nothing planned in this vein. However, if this is something you want, please do submit a plot to the mule!  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 pm
One more quick q! Thank u for all this qq

Regarding weres, do they still need to go to OAD for their initial transformation? Do they now have the ability to shift forms in the real world thanks to the presence of magic? Just thought I'd aaaaask  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 pm
just so i'm clear:

since theo is a visitor but didn't participate in the meta, would he

a) possibly have a different backstory and be unaware that anything happened at all (civilian-style),

b) know that something happened, but not what (OAD creature-style),

or

c) be fully aware that his life was different prior to november 1st than it is now (visitor who attended the meta-style)

(i feel like i should be able to figure this out on my own but i can't for some reason
mega apologies ;; <3)

Smerdle

Scamp

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:34 pm
The moonwalker pack had a group text back in original Ashdown; would this universe have this as well, or is this up to player discretion?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 pm
Melancholies
One more quick q! Thank u for all this qq

Regarding weres, do they still need to go to OAD for their initial transformation? Do they now have the ability to shift forms in the real world thanks to the presence of magic? Just thought I'd aaaaask

They absolutely do still need to go to OA for the initial transformation. :> They can choose to shift shape in the real world, but s**t is Danger, so do with caution  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 pm
Smerdle
just so i'm clear:

since theo is a visitor but didn't participate in the meta, would he

a) possibly have a different backstory and be unaware that anything happened at all (civilian-style),

b) know that something happened, but not what (OAD creature-style),

or

c) be fully aware that his life was different prior to november 1st than it is now (visitor who attended the meta-style)

(i feel like i should be able to figure this out on my own but i can't for some reason
mega apologies ;; <3)

A or C, but not B :>

Daekie
The moonwalker pack had a group text back in original Ashdown; would this universe have this as well, or is this up to player discretion?

This is your call!  
information services

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces