Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
IDOW (xia75672 and the_wings_we_seek) [X][I/A] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 pm
Steph chuckles and replies, "Yeah, 'specially because I kept wriggling about like a worm when the guy first started on it. As cool as they are, man did they itch like crazy!" She finishes changing and closes her locker door. Her arms stretch over her head while her feet bounce in anticipation for what was coming next for them. "Yep- well sorta. For the time being I'll be your C.O. Once you've been here long enough you'll basically be on the same rank as me. For now it's just going to be the two of us though; depending on what the higher-ups think of our work they may bring more people in to form a team."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:04 am
Red laughed and nodded, "My tattoo hurt like a mother, and that's the only one I have. I can't imagine getting that much!" She stood up and stretched. She was glad she was staying with Steph, she seemed like a good person. "Well I'm ready whenever you are. I'm ready to get these tests out of the way." She knew she looked like a child playing at war, but she was hoping to impress them with her skills. The guys in her squadron in the army liked to make fun of her, and she couldn't wait to get away from the 'leprechaun' joke. Leprechauns were Irish and she was Scottish, but no one seemed to care, no matter the times she told them.  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:00 pm
Tilting her head and glancing down out of the corner of her eye, Steph regarded the young woman. She's small, but definitely a fierce one.. Like a tiny little lion. Steph grinned as she replied, "Great! We'll head on over then!" She leads Red back out of the locker room. Their path leads them down a few flight of stairs. They pass by a few other soldiers meandering about, all of whom Steph greets enthusiastically. Their own tends to vary, but Steph seems to get along well with everyone she crosses paths with.

Eventually they come to a larger gym. Despite it's size, only a few people are there currently. "Usually it's more, ah- rambunctious in here. But since we got the word that new people were being hired, most of us were ordered to clear out for the afternoon."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 pm
Red followed Steph down some stairs and through the hallways, nodding at the people who looked at her after greeting Steph. Most of them looked at her curiously, she guessed it was because of her size. She was pretty small for someone in the military, especially for a sniper. But, she thought that her size was her best attribute when it came to sniping, because it was easier to hide.

She followed Steph into the gym and looked around, it was pretty big and pretty modern for being on a ship in the middle of the ocean. "These people must have a lot of money to have all this equipment." She pondered aloud.  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:34 pm
"Ha, yeah. They're backed by a lot of the major countries, like America, China, and practically all of Europe itself. As field operatives we get paid about as much as doctors do in a month for a single mission. It's kind-of insane." She grins down at Red as she continues. "Granted, the missions tend to be really tough so all the equipment is totally necessary."

A man dressed in a white turtleneck with black pants and boots shifts impatiently several feet away. He looks mildly uncomfortable to be in the gym, and judging by his appearance he would be better off in a laboratory of sorts.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:59 am
Red nodded. It seems with all the money they have, they could have afforded to hire someone else, a better sniper, a better soldier. Confusion tainted her thoughts. She couldn't understand how, out of all the snipers and soldiers in the world, they chose her, a small, saucy, red haired woman. She thought of her mother, and decided it didn't matter. With this money, mom can live comfortably. I should be grateful to get my hands on this kind of opportunity.

She glanced over at what she assumed to be the person overseeing her tests. He looked uncomfortable so she smiled at him. "I'm guessing he's going to be doing the testing?"  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:14 pm
Steph chuckles out loud. She seems to be in a much better mood than before. "Yeah, he is. He's always kind of, uh. Shifty I guess? Or that might be just around us field agents." She scratches the back of her head. 'Come to think of it a lot of the tech people are pretty nervous around us.. ah well.' She makes her way over to him and practically chimes out a "Hello there Johnson! So you're the one that'll be doing the testing here today then?" 'There.' Steph thinks to herself. 'If I'm happier about everything, maybe he'll relax more.'

Despite her attempt, Johnson only seems to get even more uncomfortable and rather than reply to Steph he glances away to Red. He sends her an almost hopeful look.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:04 am
Red chuckles to herself at the mess that Steph seems to be making with Johnson and makes her way over to them. The poor guy looks super intimidated by Steph, and really, it's no wonder he's afraid, what with all of her tattoos and her size. I guess I'll never really have that problem. She smiles gently and reaches out a hand to the man, "Hi, I'm Red. It's nice to meet you." She intentionally uses more of her brogue, and with her head tilted to the side and her ponytail swishing around, she's sure she looks like a child playing at war. Hopefully, my size and accent will put him at ease and we can get this done as quickly as possible.

Red's thoughts drift toward her mother. Mom would have been able to calm this guy down, she's always been good at that.  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:34 pm
Johnson smiles in relief. "Able Johnson, it's nice to meet you miss-er I mean ma'am- er.." He blushes and fidgets with his clipboard. "Er, Red right? What I'm going to have to do is run on this treadmill here for an hour, then after that you'll have a short break and we'll start you on the punching bags to the right. Ready?"

Steph has to fight to keep in a snicker. 'Did he seriously just stutter? Oh man that is a crush if I ever saw one.' There were two treadmills set up. One for each of them. Technically Steph wasn't really supposed to complete the test with Red, but hey. If that's what IDOW set up for them, that's what they were going to do right?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm
Red smiles brightly at the prospect of starting the testing, hoping that that the sooner they started, the sooner they would get done. She hops onto the treadmill and turns on the machine. She knows that there is more she has to do after her run, so she sets her pace at a moderately high speed and begins.

As she runs, she lets her mind wander. She thinks about her life back home, and misses her morning runs through the city. Treadmills are so boring. It's way more fun to get to experience the city life, and all the different things and people that you see. Her eyes wander around the gym, taking in the different people working out or passing though, wondering what made them special enough to get selected like she did.  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:39 pm
As Steph ran her own treadmill, she too became distracted in her thoughts soon enough. By the time Johnson called time for quits on the treadmills, she had a light sheen of sweat on her skin. The light workout was nice, but in order for Steph to keep her abilities in check she'd need something more to burn off some steam. The next test would be on some punching bags a few feet over. 'Personally..' Steph thought to herself as she took a long swig from her water canteen. 'I can't wait 'till we start on the next one, I've been needing to hit something for about an hour now..'  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:21 am
As soon as Johnson called it, Red turned off her treadmill and hopped off. Johnson pointed them to the punching bags, and she headed there. She was a little out of breath for a few seconds, but quickly recovered as they walked over to the bags. A sprig of red hair swung into her vision, and she realized that her hair had started to come undone. Continuing to walk, she pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail. When they reached the punching bags, she looked over to Johnson, "So, do you want us to just go at it?" She had some idea of what she would be doing, but she wanted to confirm it with her superior.
Red glanced over at Steph and saw a look of excitement. From how angry she seemed earlier, Red knew that Steph was relishing taking out her anger on the bags. Going all out on a punching bag was far wiser than actually punching the people who had set her off, and Red admired her for her restraint.  

xia75672

Greedy Cat

6,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

cjesterjane

Dangerous Businesswoman

21,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 pm
Johnson coughed lightly, "Ah, well yes. First you'll be putting on these gloves and you'll need to tape this little device to your.. chest.. area." He looks away uncomfortably as he hands both items to the women before him. "The device will track your heartbeat, as will the gloves.. as you can see they go a little higher up than usual to cover your wrist." Steph's nearly finished pulling her gloves on before he's done explaining. By the time he is, she's yanking her top aside so she can stick the device a few inches below her collarbone.

"So." Johnson continues; very determinedly not looking at Steph. "The punching bags are roughly the weight of your average male soldier. They have sensors inside both the bags and the chain; couple the sensors on the bags and the ones on yourselves together and I'll calculate your physical limits and capabilities." Steph grins at this and asks, "Time limit is one minute, thirty seconds right? Same as usual?" To which Johnson gives a brief nod and a "That's correct."

"Perfect! Why don't I start us off then.. unless there's any complaints?" Johnson seems to have none so Steph turns to Red to give her a questioning glance. "Want to have the first go?"  
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff