Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[prp] I saw you there (Andrew/Xiu) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:10 pm
"No because you aren't in the school." he grinned mischievously. "I eat fine. Just because you doesn't like it doesn't mean it isn't healthy. Besides I eat cafeteria food, bleh, and eat out occasionally too." he reassured her. "Don't worry mum." the last bit was added with another teasing grin. Ok he like Xiu, liked her a lot more when she wasn't prying but he decided he liked her a lot.

Andrew wasn't sure he minded the taste of the powdery stuff but it would be hard to eat that way he would admit. He watched her stir things together as it became liquidy and gross. But he had seen it before... he did know that once in the oven it would dry out.

"I like sweets, coffee flavors, some chocolates, salty stuff like chips and crackers. I eat basically anything dried to the point of edible. Except sea food. I'm not fond of that." he took his ingredients and started to work on his portion... you know he was doing a lot of work here... but she had bought him food. He guessed it was ok. Besides it took his mind off things.

"What do you like? I suspect you don't only eat cake." you know, he honestly didn't know what kind of demon she was yet.

Kaiyumi
Hand waves actual steps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:14 am
"Well...okay then, son," Xiu sighed dramatically and pressed a hand to her cheek, "So long as you're eating healthy, I guess I can't reeeally complain...even if I want to." Despite her best efforts not to laugh, a few giggles did escape her lips. She was pleased to see Andrew grinning; with all the worries that seemed to be plaguing him, Xiu wanted nothing more than for the fire demon to be happy.

"So you're a sweet tooth just like your mom," Xiu nodded sagely, setting a hand on her chest to indicate to herself, "But really, that's good to know! And I have to confess that I'm not particularly fond of seafood either, so I can't blame you there." She crinkled her nose at the thought. There was some seafood that she liked, but the vast majority earned a "blech" from the ghoul.

She took what Andrew measured out and mixed it up with other ingredients to form the icing. "As for what I like...hmm. Definitely sweets and all the tea that goes with that. I actually have a weakness for tea-flavoured anything, though I like fruits too--especially booberries." Which was probably why she had booberry white tea and booberry desserts on the cafe menu.

"And I guess dreams and nightmares too, but I don't eat those so much for hunger rather than for work or as favours."

phantompanther13x

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:54 am
She was laughing. Good. He prefered her smiling. Even if she was being weird and trying to be his mom. "I am."

"I wouldn't know what tea tasted like. " he wouldn't. for some reason he had a strange aversion to the stuff. Probably for the same reason he didn't drink coffee. Though whatever she was making over there looked good. Slighty gooey... but he reached over to try and steal a taste anyway. He was impatient and willing to deal with the suffering of goo for a moment to get deliciousness. "But at least I'm not alone in not liking sea food."

"So you are a dream eater?" huh. Interesting. Though honestly not very helpful. "Do they taste good? What kind of dreams do you like?" still very interesting.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 pm
"We're going to fix that," she promised, gesturing first towards the oven, and then to the new batch of icing that she was now making. She didn't seem upset when Andrew stole a taste from one of the bowls either, simply shaking her head with a grin. "I'm using earl grey in one of today's sample cakes, so I guess you'll be getting your first tea taste today." Earl grey with sugar and steamed milk was one of her favourite drinks, so turning it into a cake seemed like the natural next step.

"Oh--yes, I'm a baku! And...well." Xiu ducked her head, looking a little sheepish, "It depends, you know? Nightmares tend to taste unbearably bitter, so I tend to just swallow them like a pill, but good dreams are nice and sweet." So, being a sweets lover, it was pretty obvious which she'd prefer.

Xiu was quick to hold up her hands. "But I don't eat any good dreams here in Halloween," she assured Andrew quickly, just as the oven dinged to let them know that the cakes were done. The scent that wafted through the kitchen was a pretty good indicator too.

phantompanther13
I'm not even going to pretend I know how to Halloweenify tea names /lazy

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:21 am
"Oh? You are making tea cakes?" now this was interesting. Heat radiated off his hand and he stuck his finger in his mouth for a moment.

"Mmm not bad..." He knew the frosting wasn't the cake but he certainly didn't mind the flavor. his tail swayed behind him as his shoulders released some tension. He was careful not to flap here... that would kick up unwanted flour in the air.

"Ahhh." So that was where the phrase sweet dreams came from. Made sense to him. He highly suspected she liked the nicer dreams. "I'm sure you could buy them if you wanted." Though if she could see his dreams he wasn't sure he would sale his. "And then get paid to take the nightmares. It would make good business."

Andrew glanced over at the ding. "Do you want me to take those out?" It would save her the work of putting on gloves. Besides he might have plans on sniping one before it left the hot plate. Perfect temperature was perfect.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:31 pm
"Yes! Tea-flavoured cakes are among my favourite. We have a bunch on the menu already, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to have another if it works out." She moved to the freezer to grab some gumpaste that she had stored earlier that day then, working the substance in her hands while pulling out other things that she would need.

"It would be a good business," she agreed, mentally adding with a hint of grimness that most of her customers would probably be Amity students, "But...well. I'm happy enough with my job now, and I don't really like eating nightmares. I'll do it for friends if they need help, but otherwise they're just really bitter."

But enough about that! "Oh--if you could pull them out of the oven for me, that would be great! I'm just finishing these." Xiu gestured to the delicate gumpaste flowers that she was busy making. They wouldn't actually harden in time for the decorating of the mini cakes, but whatever--this was just a test batch anyways.

phantompanther13

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 pm
"I'll have to try your others." he had a feeling he would be visiting her shop often now. He would probably get around to trying everything. He could do a little verbal advertising on the side considering; maybe add her shop's flier to anything he did. That might work.

"Fair enough. But you know if your current business ever falls through or you need extra cash it is always an option." he could help. He could probably do a good job giving out those nightmares too. Zombie business would be high.

Andrew turned and pulled the treats out of the oven setting them down on a pot holder. And then stole one of the treats right off the still steaming pan, testing it out. Only to make a face. "It tastes weird..." Andrew may just not be a fan of earl Grey, or maybe it was the ingredients, he couldn't tell. Maybe he should have waited till the cream was put on too. Still he took another bite, holding what would be too hot for any regular creeper to grab.

Kaiyumi
You need to watch that boil. he takes food.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:53 pm
"You're welcome to stop by any time!" Xiu beamed, "And, well...you're not wrong. I guess that can be my fallback plan if anything ever happens to the business." As it was, the baku couldn't--and didn't want to--imagine what could go wrong with the cafe, but it was always good to have a backup plan regardless. Thanks to her well-off family, the ghoul had never had a shortage of seeds, but who could know what disasters the future would potentially bring.

She didn't even realize the boil had swiped a cake until she heard him comment about it. Turning to look at him, she gave him a look, though the effect was weakened by the fact that her lips were twitching in her effort not to smile or laugh. "That still needs the whipped cream frosting!" she scolded, "It'll taste a lot better with that, I promise. The cakes will have a cool a little though, otherwise they'll melt everywhere."

And as tasty as it may have been to put it on the still piping hot cakes, Xiu had a feeling Andrew wouldn't appreciated melted, liquid-y cream everywhere.

"The other two cakes are a rich chocolate one and a raspberry one. Maybe those will be more to your taste?" There was a pause, and then she reached out to tap his nose, "But let me frost all of them first, mister!"

phantompanther13
ok good let Xiu treat you to cakes at the cafe :V FREE CAKE FREE CAKE what do you mean that's not how a business works

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 pm
Xiu gave him the look. He knew that look. He knew it well. But she was ineffective at it. He had been hit by that look from a much more experienced mother. But perhaps she was right and it needed frosting. But that mean waiting. And when she mentioned melty the look on his face confirmed her suspensions.

"But I don't like waiting." What was the point if they weren't hot? His tail swayed as he pouted at her. Down right pouted. He might have been in the 3rd year but Andrew was at heart still a scareling who wanted hot cupcakes. And might not have planned on waiting even if he was told too.

"I do like chocolate and raspberry." and they were delicious straight from the oven. Andrew continued to munch on what he had. Even if it tasted weird.

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:58 pm
She giggled a little at his reply, finding his pouting face to be rather endearing. His complaint was so much like that of an impatient scareling's that she couldn't help but grin. "It'll be ten times better if you do wait," she promised, fanning the mini cakes with her hand, "It wouldn't take too long either."

Grabbing a spoon, she scooped up a bit of the sweetened whipped cream frosting and held the spoon out to him. "Here. This is supposed to go on the tea cupcake you're eating now, but it'll melt if I put it on right now. You might as well eat them separately so that you can kind of get the actual flavour of what I was going for."

Xiu seemed to be having fun. There was nothing she enjoyed more than baking with friends, and it had been such a long time since she had the privilege of doing so. There seemed to be an extra bounce in her step as she bounded to the fridge to slide things in for faster cooling.

phantompanther13

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:07 pm
It would too.... she great misunderstood his inpatients. Food was something he hated waiting for. He did however take the whipped cream frosting and lick it before nibbling another bite. "Ok this is better." he could combine them in his mouth and proceeded to do so until it was gone, and the stuff on the spoon was a warm sticky mess. It dripped down towards his hand and he tipped it over. Yes the hot muffin would have created a melty mess but leaving things like spoons in Andrew's hands too long also created problems as the cream dripped onto the table.

"It melted..." he complained, after she got the treats into the fridge. He thought it was weird that she was putting them into there. He might have a problem. Baking might just not be for him. He watched the icing slowly slide off his spoon and onto the table with a helpless look on his face.

Kaiyumi
You thought the problem was solved. The problem is not solved! he needs a reverse oven mitt. On the bright side, melting butter should be easy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:29 pm
By the time Xiu turned around, most of the whipped cream had already dribbled onto the tabletop. Rather than be upset, the ghoul simply laughed and grabbed a damp washcloth to wipe it up. "Whoops, should have known that that would happen," she grinned sheepishly, cleaning up the mess and taking the spoon from him, "Though now I have to ask because I'm curious: do you ever feel hot? Like if it's super warm outside, will it ever give you the feeling of being too hot?"

Legit question. Actually, for that matter--

"...Wait, can fire demons sweat? I mean, sorry for being so incredibly oblivious," Xiu ducked her head, holding her hands up in front of herself, "But other than Danny, you're the only other fire demon I've ever met."

phantompanther13
/sets bread slices on him to make toast

Kaiyumi

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:34 am
Andrew released the spoon. It was merely warm not hot.

"Ewww sweat. No that's gross." he made a face and took a step away from her instinctively. "No no sweat. Which is still really gross. However, I do sense heat. I've never actually gotten overheated though." he brought his tail up a bit. "I could in theory if my fire goes out..." he supposed that as a safety measure someone should know, though she might already know about Danny. "Basically my fire is what regulates my body temperature. The hotter I am internally the more it grows. The cooler... the more it dims. If it's out though... I have heard it sends our bodies haywire. We will either over heat, or in cases of extreme cold, never warm back up again. We can recover... but I have never tested the theory nor do I ever want to." he was suddenly wearing the world's grumpiest face. He remembered those nightmares from a while ago where Danny an his mother were drowned zombie monsters and trying to drag him under water. Not pleasant. "It usually knocks us out and if we don't recover... we either dissipate or worst. Let's just say I'd rather dissipate."

Spontaneously he pulled out his phone and tapped out a message.

Text to Danny:
chiickadee
Body check. Are you alive?

He glanced at it, squinted and then tapped out another quick one, just to be sure.

Text to Danny:
chiickadee
Are you still on fire?

Satisfied he put the phone in his pocket to await the text back. Hopefully he got one because if not he was swinging by someone's house on the way back to the school. Never mind that classes were still in session for the day. Making sure his cousin was alive once in a while was a priority today. Never mind that he just saw her not that long ago.

Kaiyumi
mmm toast.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:06 am
phantompanther13
Text to Andumb: no i died

Quote:
Text to Andumb: I AM ALWAYS ON FIRE!!!!!

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:39 am
Rather than work on something while he was talking, Xiu focused all her attention on him. She had been the one to ask, after all, and honestly...this sounded like something that was important to know. Xiu had not, in fact, realized how fire demons regulated their heat with their fires, though she had at least had the general idea of "fire tail being put out equals bad". Her lips twisted into a grimace when he mentioned dissipation..."or worse".

While Andrew had suddenly pulled his phone out and started texted, Xiu closed her eyes in thought to herself. "Sorry for this potentially dumb question," she said slowly, folding her arms over her chest, "But say that your tail did go out and you were knocked out. If someone has an outside source of fire--I don't know, a torch or something--would it be possible to help relight your flame?"

She needed to know just in case. She didn't even want to consider the possibility of either of her fire demon friends' tails going out, but it was information that she felt she needed to know. Xiu may have taken first aid at school, but it had just been basic stuff and never explained situations for individual species.

phantompanther13x
omg those texts bless these cousins alfkjasjdfhjds

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas