Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
[I/T] The Valkyries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 pm
Khryssie
Future Valkyrie Here!
Username:: Khryssie
Name:: Verdandi
Tribe:: fire
What are you questing? Skati
What will they look like? Dark dark dark. Dark fur, possibly some sort of faint but natural stripes or patterning. Maybe? with stripes instead of spots. Like this too just as faint but prob a reddish tint to the stripes. Accessories definitely, prob some sort of draped pelt over her shoulders, not much by way of jewelry save for that which is indicative of her rank and a headdress that is sentimental.
Quest Thread? n/a haven't gotten that far I'm just writing this meow.
What will you aspire to become?
What is your background/personality? Verdandi knows nothing other than the Valkyries. She is through and through a warrior, with her impulses erring on the aggressive and violent side. She is proficient in battle and is very aggressive as a fighter. In her role a leader, she can be a bit headstrong and needs her Skati sisters to keep her in check and balance her out. Verdandi is passionate and wishes great things for her colony, success by way of wealth and prosperity being the main thing she seeks. She isn't one for ostentatious displays and is much more practical, personally; she wears extra furs when it is cold, the necessary adornments to indicate her rank, and is never far from her shield.

Verdandi is driven and dedicated and is difficult to dissuade, save for the few who she considers true friends. She will often push and push her limits- whether it is a matter of treaty, conflict, or personal. It is unlikely that she will ever reproduce, for she is far too consumed with herself and personal conquests to improve the colony.
Do you swear to adhere to any currently written customs and beliefs and any that may come to be standard? Yes
Do you swear to be an active member if you do get your quested character? Yes
Would you like a Joining RP with a member of The Skati? Sure! If that could be done. xD
Anything else?
I wrote this up pretty quick, but I was just so suddenly inspired. I am totally open to criticism of any kind! heart

just did a quick little edit about her history, hope this is sufficient  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 pm
I was going to try and Apply for one of the Skati but I see that they're all done already XD  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:45 pm
AstoriaFallen
I was going to try and Apply for one of the Skati but I see that they're all done already XD

You're welcome to enter!
Until they are actually received, ANY may enter.
Plus, I haven't heard anything out of Khryssie or Brosie regarding her Skati.
> ^<  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:49 pm
Mewsings of An Angel

You're welcome to enter!
Until they are actually received, ANY may enter.
Plus, I haven't heard anything out of Khryssie or Brosie regarding her Skati.
> ^<

Well, I saw RP thread for the Fire Leader so if I enter in here it's going to be for the Ice Skati. And I would be doing an IRL commission. I just started following it on Deviant Art. smile I'm Sasha2006.

-scurries to go make a profile for her-  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:52 pm
AstoriaFallen

You're welcome to enter!
I'll be weighing all entries for those I feel will fit the roles well, AND be active.
Definitely important.
I can't do this alone! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:22 pm
Future Valkyrie Here!
Username:: AstoriaFallen
Name:: Drífa [means "Snow, Snow Drift"]
Tribe:: Ice
What are you questing? Ice Skati
What will they look like?
Ref
Armor and Hair Ref

She will basically look like the reference, or at least similar. A grey-blue base with mild blue and silver highlights to accent her in certain areas. She will have armor similar to the Wind Skati (in combination with the reference I posted), except the headband will be leather and the feathers will be silver and white. She will have the shoulder armor, a headband, and feet coverings. The fur on her armor will also be a timber wolf colored grey. Her hair will look like Astrids (from HTTYD2). I would like for her to have a symbol for her tribe on either the armor or on a necklace. [The symbol you have on the front page.] I've seen you mention the necklace your Wind Skati wears. Is that a united kind of thing or specifically for the wind skati? If it was something all the Skati would wear then I would have her get that necklace and then have the Ice symbol placed on her armor somewhere. Her claws will be the color of her eyes, that light purple and her nose is a deep black/purple color. Her toes are going to have that underbelly color as well. (I keep looking at the ref trying to find things to do to her to make her look better. I suck at coloring)

Quest Thread? IRL Commission (submitted it to Ririka last night)
What will you aspire to become? Can she aspire to be more?
What is your background/personality?
“Our spirits were forged in snow and ice, to bend like steel forged over fire. We were not made to bend like reed, or to turn the other cheek.” -Moto

Personality:
Born together in a breath of life, a storm of fire and a song of ice, she will stand together by her sisters until her untimely death, or until she chooses a successor that she feels would do the tribe and her sisters good.

She is a warrior to the core. She isn't malicious or cruel but she is tough. She wants her warriors to be disciplined and willing to die for their Great Mother. If she could die a Martyr, she would. That's how far she'd be willing to go if the shiz got real, and fast.

She understands that each of them are different. They each have their weaknesses, their strengths. But, together they are strong and they are unstoppable. Indeed she may not see eye to eye with her sisters, but who doesn't? She does not like to argue, nor does she like to waste her breath. She believes in making things count and won't waste her time speaking nonsense or riddles. She'll tell it like it is.

The Eternal Quilt is a colony that gives her a very sour taste in her mouth. It takes quite a bit to "ruffle her feathers" and they definitely do the part. She is aware of the dangers they pose towards her and her sisters and she will do anything in her power to keep them away.

Males may not hold the roles of warriors but they are still a very necessary part of their life. Whenever it comes to her wanting to finally have cubs (she does want some she's just picky about who will help her achieve this) she will be very picky about what male she chooses.

History:
Being woven into existence was never a small task, it was monumental. Especially when there were three of them that would be woven together, but different. Each would represent a faction that had a weakness and a strength to the other. It was done to strengthen them, to make them a whole, unbreakable force of Wind, Fire and Ice. They would know how to defend themselves better and would have better odds than those who had not been born as such. And thus they were breathed into existence. The Ice Skati and her two Sisters were born.

Many things were unknown to her and yet, there were just as many things that she understood. She could feel the way the climate made her react and a part of her called her to go elsewhere but she stayed. There were places that settled the exhaustion that called to her when the temperatures were a little warmer. She was the most different from her Sisters, for she could not bear the heat as they could. It was one of her greatest weaknesses, but through it she still endured. She would be strong, she would not show weakness and she would endure.

She approached her Sisters and together they would serve the Great Mother and the Valkyries would rise forth from the bond that they had created.

Do you swear to adhere to any currently written customs and beliefs and any that may come to be standard? Yes
Do you swear to be an active member if you do get your quested character? Yes!
Would you like a Joining RP with a member of The Skati? All the RP!
Anything else?
Ummmm... I can't think of anything right now. I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS THOUGH!!!! 3nodding  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:03 pm
If I look at the ref on my phone it looks a little different. At least the color around the eyes belly and neck do. Hmmm.

Also, would it be okay for the armor to look similar to your girls? Minus the color of the feathers and the headband is leather?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 am
Mewsings of An Angel
User Image

User Image
      CLICK FOR LARGE IMAGE
      (Tentative Map until all the Tribes have chosen territories.)

A City built into the side of a cliff overlooking the coast and the ocean beyond.
      The Valkyries slowly carved into the cliff face, digging out tunnels and caverns that met up to one another. A trail was also painstakingly carved to the beaches below and became one of the only routes in or out of the City besides flight. At first, it will look crude and unhewn, but as more creatures come to call it home, and crafters begin to show their skills, it will slowly transform into a place that will be awe-inspiring. Wooden bridges will connect the rooftops of buildings, allowing for quick passage above, while walkways carved into alleys and streetways will allow passage below. A large building to the back of the city with a large tree growing on it's roof, will be where the Skati will reside and work with one another. Leading from there to either side will be homes of those who are a part of the Battalion, separated to their chosen paths. Branching off from there will be the multitudes of homes where regular citizens and those who are a part of most of the Divisions, save the Maidens of Elfheim, who have made their residence close to the top of the City near a natural pool that dribbles from a hole cut in the rock above, letting light and air filter through. Through the Gate and down the pathway to the beach below, fisherB'alam have built huts and put out nets to capture their prey.

This was the message I received due to the location of where you have the Colony currently located:

"Before I go through and put a price quote together I must know that you are aware that an Ice tribe member being located in that area [I believe the Val. tribe is located a couple of miles south of the Light tribe] will bring discomfort to them?

With the fur she will be prone to heat based discomfort and possible issues on particularly hot days."

I told her to still go through with it anyway. I just wasn't sure if you were aware of the possible issues any Ice members are going to have due to the location. Perhaps there is a spot we can find that would be neutral to all parties? Is there a place like that on the map that can still have the same qualities as you described?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 am
I looked over the maps and this was a temperate area for both Ice and Fire. But the way I have it figured is that the caverns inside the colony zone would be cool enough to keep them comfortable.

Also, please don't order the Skati yet. I still have to look over other entries beforehand.

And yes, the colony could be potentially moved, but I still want them within distance of the EQ island for plotting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 pm
I'll still might get her commissioned because I actually really think she'd be a pretty awesome Balam. If you end up picking my application then I'll make her the Ice Skati, if not she'll just be part of the colony in some way shape or form.. XD  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm
I Wish to Join!
Username:: Geyser Eelborn
Name:: Golyn
Image:: uncert
Why do you choose to join? It seems in-character for him. He gets lonely easily and would easily believe that males are weaker and that they all were created by the Great Mother. He wants to be part of something greater than himself, just as rivers are part of the land and the sky and the sea.
What do you aspire to be? Courtesan--singer
What is your background/personality? Golyn is serene, calm, a singer at heart, who lives for music, hates being alone, and dislikes feeling purpose-less. He is fair, sweet, with a soft voice, good memory, and an optimistic outlook on life. He likes making people feel welcome. He woke up in a creek, and has never met any other Water Tribers in his life, and knows nothing of the seven kingdoms.
Do you swear to adhere to any currently written customs and beliefs and any that may come to be standard? The currently written beliefs, of course, but if something comes along later that my character finds distasteful, he will probably try to leave.
Do you swear to be an active member of our society? Yes.
Would you like a Joining RP with a member of The Skati? Sounds prudent!
Anything else? Yeah, I know, I'm being bad and refusing to agree to anything I don't know about until I know about it, but...it's mostly a contingency measure, in case something goes weird. I do accept that this means my entry may be refused or that if my character tries to leave he may be hounded or hurt. That is a risk I understand and will take.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:33 pm
Geyser Eelborn

Welcome Golyn and Geyser!

And don't worry, any changes made will be put past the members first. I'm definitely hoping the more brainpower I have backing me, the better the ideas that will be put up for the Valkyries.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Libra15

6,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm
Do you wish me to post Ascua here?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 am
Libra15

BastetAmun

Rosencranz

Random Nobody 13

Please post your joining forms for your characters for the sake of making them official.
x3
Also, if you haven't already, please make sure you've got them posted for certing!

Strawberri Stardust

Geyser Eelborn

CaliWolfe

Quoting everyone!
You have characters in the Tribe and I want to make sure you have interest in your characters in here!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:39 pm
Mewsings of An Angel
Geyser Eelborn

Quoting everyone!
You have characters in the Tribe and I want to make sure you have interest in your characters in here!

I do, I just don't have a lot to do. Are there any events or ORPs currently open for the Valkyries?  
[ Plots & Quests ] The Square

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff