Lingy's rants and rambles Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:36 pm
In other news, I've finally gotten the pictures Im using for the girlfriends Christmas gift. I was telling her this morning how I was planning on working on it today, and how in my opinion it's really sentimental so she decided to tease asking if I was sending her a ring in which case I told her if she wanted a ring or a plane ticket for me to see her again next summer. Luckily she agreed a ticket was better since I'm nowhere ready to get married (not to mention the whole her working as a private teacher employed by the Vatican is a huge no no for same sex marriages) sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 pm
OhSnapItsLingy
We have a new assistant manager at work, and I'll work with her tonight. I hope shes better than our last one.
Also, I updated itunes and they changed the icon and its throwing me off.

Should I install Yosemite or wait a while longer? Am I ready for more change on my Mac?

I disliked the blue logo because inevitably I'd end up clicking the wrong icon on my doc (both Safari and Photoshop are blue and circular as well @_@). So the change is helpful for me, but all-in-all, I really don't understand why it's "necessary" to keep changing the icons on s**t constantly. Pretty sure the original iTunes icon still LOOKS FINE.

Can I also say I hate how the iTunes interface keeps changing as well? Like, goddamn, give it a rest. I just want to play my music. Not figure out HOW to play my music after installing the 525th update this month. scream

Whew.

I haven't installed Yosemite yet. I guess they finally ran out of cats.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 pm
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy
We have a new assistant manager at work, and I'll work with her tonight. I hope shes better than our last one.

Should I install Yosemite or wait a while longer? Am I ready for more change on my Mac?

I disliked the blue logo because inevitably I'd end up clicking the wrong icon on my doc (both Safari and Photoshop are blue and circular as well @_@). So the change is helpful for me, but all-in-all, I really don't understand why it's "necessary" to keep changing the icons on s**t constantly. Pretty sure the original iTunes icon still LOOKS FINE.

Can I also say I hate how the iTunes interface keeps changing as well? Like, goddamn, give it a rest. I just want to play my music. Not figure out HOW to play my music after installing the 525th update this month. scream

Whew.

I also ahve yet to install Yosemite. I'm still terrified to do it since this would be the first OS change. Also the new iTunes icon is bothering the hell out of me. I have my Photoshop, iTunes, then the App store all in one since they fit nicely all blue together, and now its that pink/red thing.
And Im with you on the iTunes change, there was nothing wrong with how its looked all the other times! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:20 pm
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy

Whew.

I also ahve yet to install Yosemite. I'm still terrified to do it since this would be the first OS change. Also the new iTunes icon is bothering the hell out of me. I have my Photoshop, iTunes, then the App store all in one since they fit nicely all blue together, and now its that pink/red thing.
And Im with you on the iTunes change, there was nothing wrong with how its looked all the other times! gonk

I have an extra-special hatred for it too because they decided to put your "name" up at the top as a drop-down menu. So it says my legal name glaringly while my iTunes is open. I guess the only good thing is I'll be looking forward to the next update, and hoping that ******** goes away.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 pm
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy

Whew.

I have an extra-special hatred for it too because they decided to put your "name" up at the top as a drop-down menu. So it says my legal name glaringly while my iTunes is open. I guess the only good thing is I'll be looking forward to the next update, and hoping that ******** goes away.
I didn't realize the name thing until you mention it, and ugh, what's so wrong with having your email? I don't want my name popping up since I have an issue with people knowing my name to begin with. What if I'm in public? Jeez  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 pm
I have one day off and closing six days next week. Are you serious right now?  

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:31 pm
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy

Whew.

I didn't realize the name thing until you mention it, and ugh, what's so wrong with having your email? I don't want my name popping up since I have an issue with people knowing my name to begin with. What if I'm in public? Jeez

Weird. My name doesn't show up like you say it does for you. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am
Prof. Moonie
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy
Zphal
OhSnapItsLingy

Whew.

have you updated to the new version?  

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:30 am
Ive finally worked up the courage to trim my bad nail down since the nail is dead and isnt growing AND IT LIKE BUBBLED AND IT FELT WEIRD AND WHAT THE CRAP IS GOING ON???? IS IT FINALLY WANTING TO FALL OFF PLEASE TELL ME SO  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 am
OhSnapItsLingy
Prof. Moonie

Yeah, I have.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 am
Prof. Moonie
OhSnapItsLingy
Prof. Moonie

Yeah, I have.
In the top right where to search your library, it doesn't show your name? I took a screenshot of what it looks on mine, and blurred the name out  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:24 pm
OhSnapItsLingy
Prof. Moonie
OhSnapItsLingy
Prof. Moonie

Yeah, I have.
In the top right where to search your library, it doesn't show your name? I took a screenshot of what it looks on mine, and blurred the name out

I have the little silhouette icon but I don't have any name next to it like you have.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:22 pm
Sometimes peoples names on LINE PLAY make me laugh. As someone named 'Its just... NO ONE' has sent me a heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm
I've spent about an hour reading comments about what does/doesn't condemn someone as transgender. In Tokyo Ghoul: RE, two chapters ago, it was revealed one of the main characters is transgender. I was reading the comments underneath the more recent chapter and someone's arguing that because said character still has their breasts (and probably no bottom surgery) that they can't be transgender because they still have 'all female parts'. Luckily it seems there are more people disagreeing with that persons thoughts, and actually defending transgenders.

But now there's someone who says that he could be binding just to hide the fact that he's a female. Their argument for that is, Japanese is hard to translate and we should take the 'I want to live as a man' from the manga translation to 'I want to be a man' just because the background we were given for Mitsuki doesn't state that she does wish to live as a male (even though it very obviously does state they wish to live as a man from there on). sweatdrop  

OhSnapItsLingy

Dapper Raider

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 pm
OhSnapItsLingy
I've spent about an hour reading comments about what does/doesn't condemn someone as transgender. In Tokyo Ghoul: RE, two chapters ago, it was revealed one of the main characters is transgender. I was reading the comments underneath the more recent chapter and someone's arguing that because said character still has their breasts (and probably no bottom surgery) that they can't be transgender because they still have 'all female parts'. Luckily it seems there are more people disagreeing with that persons thoughts, and actually defending transgenders.

But now there's someone who says that he could be binding just to hide the fact that he's a female. Their argument for that is, Japanese is hard to translate and we should take the 'I want to live as a man' from the manga translation to 'I want to be a man' just because the background we were given for Mitsuki doesn't state that she does wish to live as a male (even though it very obviously does state they wish to live as a man from there on). sweatdrop

Um. That sounds pretty retarded. Definitionally, transgender is a catch-all for those whose gender identity and biological sex don't match. After someone's had surgery (top, bottom or both), they are a transsexual (but can still be referred to as transgendered). confused  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff