Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Why My Moldavite? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:36 pm
There's another interesting concept... "using stones".

The animist in me makes perfect sense of this.

Not all of this guild is made up of animists-

What the heck do you people "use" them for and how?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:54 pm
TeaDidikai

I'm an animist. ninja

Good question though. I'll tend to first acquaint myself with the stone, find out what it can do for me and then put it into use. Stones I use will change depending on what I need, though some will always stay permanent. There are three that I will always use or have on me. One because of its usefulness and symbolism and the other two because of reasons I cannot divulge. The rest, although I like them all individually, are mostly just tools.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:09 pm
~is... curious~

Anyway- do other folks work as much with different metals as they do with crystals?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Anyway- do other folks work as much with different metals as they do with crystals?
I dunno. I'm not "other folks." But I do use copper and silver quite a bit when they're appropriate. I'd use gold more if it wasn't so expensive. I've used fool's gold and micah as substitute but it's not quite the same.

First working I ever did was with/on my silver necklace chain when I was 13. I have worn it almost every day since. I never take it off now. I feel naked if I do, even when I'm fully clothed. It goes beyond just being a piece of jewellry.  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:13 pm
Aesi
HenryDorsettCase

Since none of my personal practices actually use the stones, I also have no problem giving them away when it feels like they want to be with someone else specific.

I'm going to start keeping this in mind when I'm at work. I don't use the stones, I just think they look really nice and so get attached to them. But they're going off with people who really want them!

If you love it, set it free. If it comes back to you, I will be most impressed to hear how, considering that it's a rock.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:38 am
Henry Dorsett Case
If you love it, set it free. If it comes back to you, I will be most impressed to hear how, considering that it's a rock.
You'd be surprised. I've lost the same piece of amber three times and it always comes back. I don't wear it anymore though because the string on it broke.  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:44 am
missmagpie
Henry Dorsett Case
You'd be surprised. I've lost the same piece of amber three times and it always comes back. I don't wear it anymore though because the string on it broke.

And I am most impressed.

Never said I wouldn't believe you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:14 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
missmagpie
Henry Dorsett Case

And I am most impressed.

Never said I wouldn't believe you. 3nodding
I was pretty amazed at it myself. I was rather upset when I lost it the first time because it was amber I got in Poland when I was really young. It's incredible how much emotional attachment binds you to things. The next time I lost it I knew it would come back and it did.  

Pelta

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:22 am
TeaDidikai

I don't really think I "use" them. I put them where they "feel" right. Where they want to be.

On stones coming back after they are lost. ^-^ My sister has lost her crystal pendent about 6 times now and she always finds it after a few days.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:36 am
TeaDidikai

I just collect for now, but eventually I would like to charge a few when I start doing magic workings way, way down the road.

*looks into Animism* I knew that term was familiar. I had an English teacher who subscribed to that idea.

I'll add it to the long (and always-growing) list of "Things Jessie Needs to Seriously Look Into".  

queertastrophy

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces