absinthie

Prodigal Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:37 pm
Punktz
why does everyone lack sleep question

because gaia
(too lazy to format this junk lol )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:59 pm
How about a Carl Sagan cosplay for an arena entry?

I'll submit it with the title "Billions and Billions" (as a reference to the prices of many marketplace items). The description will be as follows (if this would even fit the character limit):

I never said it. Honest. Oh, I said there are maybe 100 billion galaxies and 10 billion trillion stars. It's hard to talk about the Cosmos without using big numbers. I said 'billion' many times on the Cosmos television series, which was seen by a great many people. But I never said 'billions and billions.' For one thing, it's imprecise. How many billions are 'billions and billions'? A few billion? Twenty billion? A hundred billion? 'Billions and billions' is pretty vague... For a while, out of childish pique, I wouldn't utter the phrase, even when asked to. But I've gotten over that. So, for the record, here it goes: 'Billions and billions.'

-Carl Sagan

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:22 pm
Alexius08

I'll submit it with the title "Billions and Billions" (as a reference to the prices of many marketplace items). The description will be as follows (if this would even fit the character limit):

I never said it. Honest. Oh, I said there are maybe 100 billion galaxies and 10 billion trillion stars. It's hard to talk about the Cosmos without using big numbers. I said 'billion' many times on the Cosmos television series, which was seen by a great many people. But I never said 'billions and billions.' For one thing, it's imprecise. How many billions are 'billions and billions'? A few billion? Twenty billion? A hundred billion? 'Billions and billions' is pretty vague... For a while, out of childish pique, I wouldn't utter the phrase, even when asked to. But I've gotten over that. So, for the record, here it goes: 'Billions and billions.'

-Carl Sagan
Honestly, I don't think many people would get it. Carl Sagan is too old for the website's target age group. lol I don't even know who he is and I don't really "get it." It's just a miss for me. OTL I'm sorry.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't enter it, though! I know there's probably a good chunk of people who would get it and chuckle. (:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:20 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan
Honestly, I don't think many people would get it. Carl Sagan is too old for the website's target age group. lol I don't even know who he is and I don't really "get it." It's just a miss for me. OTL I'm sorry.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't enter it, though! I know there's probably a good chunk of people who would get it and chuckle. (:

I've submitted my entry after tweaking the quote to fit into the 500-character limit.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:27 am
Alexius08
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

I've submitted my entry after tweaking the quote to fit into the 500-character limit.
Link? (:  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:25 pm
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

...I'm only about as old as Trickster, and I got that quote. xd
Prolly because my mom's about sixty-five and I was bored one night and watched the original Cosmos.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 am
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

Link? (:

Here.

Shadows10000
Prolly because my mom's about sixty-five and I was bored one night and watched the original Cosmos.

A similar entry has been submitted one year ago. Seeing how well it fared, I'll expect mine to be fine as well. I'm already predicting people outside the guild commenting about the economy on my entry, however.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:12 pm
Alexius08
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

Link? (:

Here.

Shadows10000

A similar entry has been submitted one year ago. Seeing how well it fared, I'll expect mine to be fine as well. I'm already predicting people outside the guild commenting about the economy on my entry, however.

Possibly. Though my comment is primarily going to be a bit science-nerdy on my part...ehehe.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

HunteriumTheSixteenth

Feline Hero

9,850 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm
Before, when I first came back from a two-year hiatus and saw the skyrocketing prices, I became disillusioned, until I saw one or two unused items in my inventory that were expensive, and so I sold them. For the following 37 days (instead of 44, joined the walk-out), I had played the marketplace without even looking at the Cash Shop, and so the former 200 million that I acquired from the sale of my items became 700 million worth of pure and over 50 billion worth of items. As I browsed through the forums I searched for the root of the trouble, and I saw the detrimental effect of the gold generators, and so I joined this group. But then, by staying further in the site, I have stumbled upon this fact: The damage done by the gold generators is too great to be undone by abolishing them. And the only people who will benefit from the deflation would be the root cause of why there are gold generators in the first place: the hoarders, who, I think, when they sense no more gold generators would be released, will do the no-brainer tactic of selling all their items with greatly reduced prices, watch until the marketplace stabilizes, and then hoard again the items with greater harm to the greater userbase than today's situation.

Don't get me wrong on this, I'm not saying that we should condone gold generators, in fact I would say that: THE GOLD GENERATORS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. But given the current situation, abolishing gold generators would just mean greater harm to us than to the common enemy of the users and the admins: the hoarders.

Therefore I push for greater output of gold from posts, minigames, and Booty Grab, and make these changes accessible to the free userbase without buying cash or in exchange of a minimal amount of cash. One gold generator released every month would be just enough, until they are deemed unprofitable and be abolished. That way, the market would be normalized.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 pm
HunteriumTheSixteenth
Before, when I first came back from a two-year hiatus and saw the skyrocketing prices, I became disillusioned, until I saw one or two unused items in my inventory that were expensive, and so I sold them. For the following 37 days (instead of 44, joined the walk-out), I had played the marketplace without even looking at the Cash Shop, and so the former 200 million that I acquired from the sale of my items became 700 million worth of pure and over 50 billion worth of items. As I browsed through the forums I searched for the root of the trouble, and I saw the detrimental effect of the gold generators, and so I joined this group. But then, by staying further in the site, I have stumbled upon this fact: The damage done by the gold generators is too great to be undone by abolishing them. And the only people who will benefit from the deflation would be the root cause of why there are gold generators in the first place: the hoarders, who, I think, when they sense no more gold generators would be released, will do the no-brainer tactic of selling all their items with greatly reduced prices, watch until the marketplace stabilizes, and then hoard again the items with greater harm to the greater userbase than today's situation.

Don't get me wrong on this, I'm not saying that we should condone gold generators, in fact I would say that: THE GOLD GENERATORS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. But given the current situation, abolishing gold generators would just mean greater harm to us than to the common enemy of the users and the admins: the hoarders.

Therefore I push for greater output of gold from posts, minigames, and Booty Grab, and make these changes accessible to the free userbase without buying cash or in exchange of a minimal amount of cash. One gold generator released every month would be just enough, until they are deemed unprofitable and be abolished. That way, the market would be normalized.
I don't really think the hoarders are the ones to blame here. I do agree that they shouldn't have implemented the gold generators but I don't think the damage is irreversible. In time, Gaia could bring this back down to a reasonable amount.

Yes, many agree with that logic. Gaia is in the process of bringing gold output up for non-GC players. They've already increased the Booty grab cap and they've also increased the amount of gold you receive for inviting friends. I believe they are also working on increasing the cap for zOMG! during their mysterious renovations.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Aenmi

Omnipresent Comrade

11,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:27 am
Shadows10000
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

I'm in gaia's target audience and I got it because my science teacher from last year is/was obsessed with COSMOS and Carl Sagan and now Neil DeGrasse Tyson (however you spell that) (how do I grammar?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:23 pm
Maiden Aenmi
Shadows10000
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

I'm in gaia's target audience and I got it because my science teacher from last year is/was obsessed with COSMOS and Carl Sagan and now Neil DeGrasse Tyson (however you spell that) (how do I grammar?)

XD You spelled his name right, don't worry.

Yay for science! I also watched lots of PBS when I was a kid; LOVED Nova, especially the sciency stuff.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Aenmi

Omnipresent Comrade

11,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:25 pm
Shadows10000
Maiden Aenmi
Shadows10000
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

Yay for science! I also watched lots of PBS when I was a kid; LOVED Nova, especially the sciency stuff.
Science is amazing. Especially when you live with chemists for parents and then you have periodic tables everywhere  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 pm
Maiden Aenmi
Shadows10000
Maiden Aenmi
Shadows10000
Last Trickster Prince
Alexius08

-Carl Sagan

Science is amazing. Especially when you live with chemists for parents and then you have periodic tables everywhere

xd I never got that lucky. Apparently neither of my parents were interested in going into science, though they both understood it. My mom more than my dad, I think.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

NynaeveSilverwind

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:12 pm
I'm just wondering if I'm crazy or imagining it, but did Gaia reset the MP graph at some point? Because the year view of all the MP revenue doesn't show the insanity that was going on in 13, just the last few months.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff