+1
100%
 100%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 50

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:37 pm
0Ul
I have a clear conscious knowing that I'm NOT a part of the problem here, but I'm certainly going to do everything I can to have my voice heard to be a part of the solution, or I'm going to go down fighting. HARD.

*Phantom tips again.*

The kind of behavior outlined above is called "enabling." The reason we boycott buying Gaia Cash is because it enables-- rewards-- bad behavior.

Comparing us to addiction-crazed labrats.
Withdrawing from the community.
Creating unblockable popups.
Breaking their promises.
Neglecting updates and bug fixes.
Directly insulting users.
Cutting corners.
SHOVING cash announcements into our faces LITERALLY 24/7.

I'm not jealous of the people who buy Gaia Cash. I HAVE money. I come across it from time to time, and when I do I CAN AFFORD to buy Gaia Cash. I have done this in the past in order to support the people who, at the time, were doing everything to keep the site running smoothly and cleanly.

The ultimate and singular purpose of paying real money to the staff of this site is to support them.

Right now, we don't want to support them. We don't want to encourage this atrocious behavior. We are sending a signal to them to let them know that this is not acceptable and in the end, they will suffer from their bad decisions if they keep it up.

In other words, they need us more than we need them.

But we're not spiteful. We're not haters. We're here to support our site through activity and communication and even the cash offers that don't involve actually buying anything. (For more information on why we would choose to do this, and how it is in fact NOT hypocritical to do so, please read here.) We are trying to encourage them to go in the right direction through positive reinforcement as a counter to the negative.

At the moment, purchasing Gaia Cash in order to obtain "sale items" is encouraging and reinforcing negative behavior.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 am
dam
n this sucks I got nothing for free yesterday!!!!!! why do you not get anything free! all they did was dump cash shops on us...
-blows raspberry-

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 am
witchy cat panther
dam
n this sucks I got nothing for free yesterday!!!!!! why do you not get anything free! all they did was dump cash shops on us...
-blows raspberry-

They gave us two freebies. Check the OP. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 am
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
dam
-blows raspberry-

thank you but
they don't work. doesn't count if they post them the day after and it says the reward expired, besides they could have done shamrock and gold games and stuff.
this saint Patrick's day on Gaia bombed in my opinion.
there was not even a green avatar contest or anything
just the leprechaun guy talking about green foods.
for shame Gaia.

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 am
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
dam
-blows raspberry-

thank you but
they don't work. doesn't count if they post them the day after and it says the reward expired, besides they could have done shamrock and gold games and stuff.
for shame Gaia.

Oh, didn't know they expired.

Bleh. Stupid contest.
Yeah, it was pretty lame. I tried the forum thing, but... yeah pretty bland.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
dam
-blows raspberry-

thank you but
for shame Gaia.

Oh, didn't know they expired.

Bleh. Stupid contest.
Yeah, it was pretty lame. I tried the forum thing, but... yeah pretty bland.

agreed. the gaia people did not do anything either

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:37 am
witchy cat panther

Psyched us up for nothing. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther

perhaps the anti Gaia cash movement should host something? such as our vision and reasons for boycotts as well as a possible fun holiday games and or contest?

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther

perhaps the anti Gaia cash movement should host something? such as our vision and reasons for boycotts as well as a possible fun holiday games and or contest?

Why not? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:50 am
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther

Why not? 3nodding

it is an idea but it would take a lot of work. and if we did decide on a contest we would need prizes and such, none gcash ones of course.

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 am
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther

Why not? 3nodding

it is an idea but it would take a lot of work. and if we did decide on a contest we would need prizes and such, none gcash ones of course.

Of course.

I have a mule with a bunch of "gag prizes" if you want to go that route. Unfortunately I have to keep all the good stuff on her, because those are for already-planned contests.

Although I could still look around the MP for some goodies. They'd probably only be small prizes, like in the 50k range. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther
TS Sailor Cronus
witchy cat panther

Why not? 3nodding

Of course.

I have a mule with a bunch of "gag prizes" if you want to go that route. Unfortunately I have to keep all the good stuff on her, because those are for already-planned contests.

Although I could still look around the MP for some goodies. They'd probably only be small prizes, like in the 50k range. xP

its a good idea however we need a lot of people to agree and help out it was just a idea.  

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:47 pm
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does ____________________________ This comment has been censored because people are ridiculously oversensitive.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but don't claim to actually care about the revolution. (This comment has been edited to save some precious baby feelings.)

You know what? I just have to say something here.

At the time of this posting, there are not one, but TWO gold generators that reward up to ONE BILLION gold in the cash shop. Read that again: Not ONE, but TWO of them.

There are also (so far) EIGHT announcements today with at least one new RIG that rewards up to 250 million gold.

Yet, I would rather have another ten (yes, TEN) announcements with nothing BUT gold generators released today than see this post having to be censored or edited in any way.

I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

This is EXACTLY what Gaia itself does to us, and now we're forced to lower and/or compromise ourselves here in the guild?

Again, I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

RG Charity Mule

Pwnder

Pegasaurus Rex

Izzy Said Rawr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:55 pm
0Ul
xx I met my fate xx

Fate Says:
This, exactly this.

You see my account? My avi isn't some newbish creation of someone with no gold, is it?

I have not purchased Gaia Cash since...well probably since 2009 or '10 at the latest. Even then I purchased no more than 10-15 dollars a month because why spend more than that on stupid pixels. Anyone who does ____________________________ This comment has been censored because people are ridiculously oversensitive.

You want to buy Gcash? FINE, but don't claim to actually care about the revolution. (This comment has been edited to save some precious baby feelings.)

You know what? I just have to say something here.

At the time of this posting, there are not one, but TWO gold generators that reward up to ONE BILLION gold in the cash shop. Read that again: Not ONE, but TWO of them.

There are also (so far) EIGHT announcements today with at least one new RIG that rewards up to 250 million gold.

Yet, I would rather have another ten (yes, TEN) announcements with nothing BUT gold generators released today than see this post having to be censored or edited in any way.

I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

This is EXACTLY what Gaia itself does to us, and now we're forced to lower and/or compromise ourselves here in the guild?

Again, I don't like this. I don't like this at ALL.

RG Charity Mule

Pwnder

Pegasaurus Rex

Izzy Said Rawr

I was asked to edit my post, so I did. We had users leaving over my comments and while I absolutely meant everything I said, I should not have said it so rudely. Please don't blame them. I wish I could speak my mind all the time here in the guild, I do...but on the other hand causing users to leave because of my words only hurts us.

(Granted a part of me does believe that anyone offended by my words is not someone we need anyway.....)

At this point, even if they're only warm bodies, we have to keep the warm bodies somewhat happy.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers