Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG // 03/10/14 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 69 *giggles* )
  *generates gold*
View Results

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 pm
xx I met my fate xx
o.o Work is slow today....gaia is slow today....coincidence? I think so.

SPRING BREAK!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx
o.o Work is slow today....gaia is slow today....coincidence? I think so.

SPRING BREAK!! blaugh

Is it really? I didn't know. 0.o Usually when there's no school we get more calls.
Oh well...we're gonna be busy ALL day tomorrow anyway.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:48 pm
Found a purple skin mod for animals
I'm purple again emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:43 pm
That's adorable!
And you look gorgeous Pwnder. <3  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:50 pm
The amount of announcements don't bother me really since I just shoot through them quickly every time I sign on. "Limited Item now in-" click. haha

I'm so tired of Gaia acting like they're listening by nerfing the GGs. Who gives a ******** if they give out less when we get them much more often than before? We still keep getting new ones that pay out 1bil anyway so it's pointless. The golden ticket idea--despite how effective it may be--is pointless as well. We already have CrossStitch and Club Verge, so you have to wonder why they'd utilize this at all other than trying to trick people into gambling more.

They were too late with the Plunder. They decided to sink gold after the MP was too unstable to handle it. It was stupid to do something like that without being prepared. We all know how much they care about sinking gold though, so it's unsurprising that they'd drag their feet until it was moot.

While Nicholae is the most effective sink at this point, since it's dev-run and free, I can see it falling to the wayside soon. How many community services run by the devs are still up and running? The plug can be pulled on it very quickly. With that being said though, I hope that it isn't.

I don't really care about the animal bases. My only concern is that these bases are just working the artists harder which in turn takes away from grants and events. I really hope that they don't take over our monthly GS updates either. The fact that they have their own locked forum is kind of funny too. haha At least Heaven is a reward for being active and staying out of trouble.

With the constant wig and eye rigs, I really have to wonder if they even care about Salon Durem anymore. Whenever I see those, I just think of wasted potential for future updates. Arguing that they're recolors of premium wigs is silly considering we already have recolors of premium wigs and eyes in SD. They recolor GS items for the CS as well so who cares? Tit for tat.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 pm
Apollos Liar
The amount of announcements don't bother me really since I just shoot through them quickly every time I sign on. "Limited Item now in-" click. haha

I'm so tired of Gaia acting like they're listening by nerfing the GGs. Who gives a ******** if they give out less when we get them much more often than before? We still keep getting new ones that pay out 1bil anyway so it's pointless. The golden ticket idea--despite how effective it may be--is pointless as well. We already have CrossStitch and Club Verge, so you have to wonder why they'd utilize this at all other than trying to trick people into gambling more.

They were too late with the Plunder. They decided to sink gold after the MP was too unstable to handle it. It was stupid to do something like that without being prepared. We all know how much they care about sinking gold though, so it's unsurprising that they'd drag their feet until it was moot.

While Nicholae is the most effective sink at this point, since it's dev-run and free, I can see it falling to the wayside soon. How many community services run by the devs are still up and running? The plug can be pulled on it very quickly. With that being said though, I hope that it isn't.

I don't really care about the animal bases. My only concern is that these bases are just working the artists harder which in turn takes away from grants and events. I really hope that they don't take over our monthly GS updates either. The fact that they have their own locked forum is kind of funny too. haha At least Heaven is a reward for being active and staying out of trouble.

With the constant wig and eye rigs, I really have to wonder if they even care about Salon Durem anymore. Whenever I see those, I just think of wasted potential for future updates. Arguing that they're recolors of premium wigs is silly considering we already have recolors of premium wigs and eyes in SD. They recolor GS items for the CS as well so who cares? Tit for tat.

That.
The animated purity eyes are just ciel recolour eyes.
The doll eyes (my favourite gold shop eyes) are just recolours of the reve eyes!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diabolic Edge

Romantic Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:08 pm
I excruciatingly despise how awful Gaia has become in the last few months. I've noticed an increase in gold generators, being released nearly everyday, but not its either everyday, or there's at LEAST 2-4 generators available at the same time each day, with insanely stupid discounts to just tempt everyone even more. I've also noticed that a 149 GC item is worth 11mil or so, maybe more.

In the instance of "Pride of Hubris", which is a 1499 GC item ($15), it was worth 200mil, prolly now more, in the marketplace. I haven't purchased an item on this website for my avatar in nearly 3 months, literally, all due to the obliteration of value that gold used to have. Gold is now next to worthless, I've given my gf the rest of my gold (21mil) since I cannot buy anything with it that is even decent that I don't have already. I've also given up on trying to vend due to me not being able to fathom the differences and new ranges in prices.

I can't say that the inflation hasn't made my worth increase, because its 10 times what it was before this crap started, but I really didn't want all this to happen since all of my items are for keeps, so any attempt to getting new items is just impossible. I mean think about how new people or users who don't spend money on here are supposed to get anything? Everything is worth millions to billions, and its just plain stupid when the proper way to earn your gold is capped at 100k a day or w/e. No one would be able to buy anything at that rate, and even if you got 1mil a day, it'd take you nearly a year of non-stop gold-obtaining legitly (without GC), to even get an item such as Horns of the Demon or OMG Hat, or a $15 item.

This is extremely pathetic in Gaia's sense, and now that they're releasing everything non-stop, it seems Gaia's on its way to effectively shutting down within the next 365 days, seeing how they're throwing everything and more at us with 10+ announcements a day with it.

They also promised to make a lot new features like marriage and the like, along with fixing stuff, yet they've blatantly ignored them and made this crappy new animal system that requires you to purchase the items you own again to even equip them to the animal base, and even so, the free bases for the animals are lame, and the cuter/more designed bases are literally $20 - $35 to buy just one, and I'm not even gonna include a MP listing for that.

My final thoughts about this, is that Gaia has destroyed itself and became a street-hooker to anyone who's willing to throw money at it and reply with desperation at shitty items (mostly due to 70% or more of them being female-only), crappy recolors, expensive "nicer" recolors (ebon laurels and white demons horns), and other stuff, but at the cost of ridiculous GC prices and even more ridiculous gold prices. I was shocked that for a few days you could get a 24 pack of gold generators for $16, and get 284mil out of the $16, so if you had bought 4, or 5, you'd have over 1bil for what....$64? Pathetic.

I've nearly all but quit Gaia now, thanks to this disgusting abuse of "we're a company and need money" crap they are just throwing carelessly and heartlessly at us, who've actually made this place what it was. I get on for friends only now, and just to see what pathetic attempt they're trying get money for next time in the announcements...

TL;DR: Gaia is crap now, and all the announcements are stupid. I'm now waiting for Gaia's inevitable demise.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:35 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Apollos Liar

That.
The animated purity eyes are just ciel recolour eyes.
The doll eyes (my favourite gold shop eyes) are just recolours of the reve eyes!
Exactly! I've seen the premium argument but it just doesn't hold water. They're using Salon Durem coloring in the items so I don't see how this is anything but monetizing our GS updates. There's no excuse.  

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:37 pm
Yup. Plus half of the "premium" recolours look so bad that I'm beginning to suspect that they're just having interns use the hue slider and releasing them without any quality check.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:00 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Yup. Plus half of the "premium" recolours look so bad that I'm beginning to suspect that they're just having interns use the hue slider and releasing them without any quality check.

Along with pulling prices out of a hat and using 13 year olds to type up their announcements. rolleyes  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx

Along with pulling prices out of a hat and using 13 year olds to type up their announcements. rolleyes
13-year-olds? I thought they had cats walking across the keyboard(s) a few times (and possibly falling asleep on it/them) and autocorrect what's there, deleting bits where even autocorrect goes "I got nothing"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:08 pm
The MC update is nothing but a gimmick to go along with their animal thing. But also a gimmick to get people to buy more letters.  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:11 pm
Pwnder
xx I met my fate xx

Yup...or outsourced labour that doesn't speak English.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm
Over the past week or so, there have been some things that I enjoyed seeing, and some things that are just plain ridiculous.

• 10 announcements?! Unprofessional and pushing the limits.

• MCs update: I believe that I made a thread about this, and it's an interesting change. I don't hate the animal bases or anything- I think that they're cute, but it irritates me how Gaia's using it as a cash making opportunity. They're still the same price, right? At least they're giving users more for their money, I guess.

• Recolors: The items are losing their highlights and shadows. The majority of the items look so plain and bland now.

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

0Ul

Versatile Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 pm
xx I met my fate xx
User Image

My friend played the dice roll RIG (She's clueless about the gaian economy and refuses to be educated) and she said the highest she got was 20mil from a double of 10mil and the lowest was less than 1mil.

However, the items you can get range in price from 1mil to the most valuable ones on the site.

This is the one release that stands out the most for me this week (aside from the dreadful Project thing that made someone a multi-billionnaire with that effing Golden Ticket).

The Dice Roll awards a TON of rare releases, many of them former (bastardized) MCs from 03 and 04.

On the plus side, several prizes are newer "rare" items that will hit the gold reserves for many of the countless Cash Shop customers now. A double-edged sword is rearing its ugly head here on Gaia: Could have some major backlash from the new users since Gaia doesn't give a s**t about those of us that have been here for years. At least it's becoming an equal-opportunity bendover without a reacharound now.
emotion_kirakira  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces