Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG 3/3/14 - <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count (last week we had 88 :shock: )
  *lurks*
View Results

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:22 pm
Cranberry-Conundrum
Pwnder
Technicolour_Piston
The staff has put up a poll and feedback requesting info on our thoughts on housing!

Link please? razz

Totally want to check this out. Are they wanting to do something with housing instead of doing Loyal's Bazaar and the Inventory Arranger? stare

Well, I think I read somewhere the pet system was supposed to have something to do with housing. ^.^ If the pet system didn't just turn into animal avis, and ceases to be on their To Do list. .-.

Not really housing but they pet system was to be like the event form last summer. Where you had a pet and fed it played games with etc.
The only thing is this function was to be for towns two.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:26 pm
Izzy Said Rawr

Link

And knowing gaia maybe. Remember they can't really make real money off an arranger.
And they kinda killed the loyal shop by pimping out idea into the cash shop.

Cranberry-Conundrum

Well, I think I read somewhere the pet system was supposed to have something to do with housing. ^.^ If the pet system didn't just turn into animal avis, and ceases to be on their To Do list. .-.

I see...

I'm actually glad to see that users are not all responding with suggestions to make housing better, especially not before working on those other features they promised first.

If they show curiosity like this I have to wonder if they intend to shut it down based on our feedback results.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm
The gold generators have seriously gotten out of hand. Releasing at least one gold generator a day is practically becoming a norm. I can't even keep up with them all.

Gosh, let's see how many I can list. *-*
Flynn's Booty/Chest, Divinity's Reach, Santa's Sack, Lunar Sky Lantern, Lunar Fortune Cookie, Roses and Romance, Candy Hearts, Pick a Card, Let it Ride, Coin Flip, Coin Toss, Gambino's Prize Jewels, Carnival Day, Love Me Love Me Not, and oh my gosh I know I've probably missed like five more. D:l

Some of the recolors have been so awfully done it's amazing. I'm so sick of seeing recolors and bundles.

The new animal avatar bases are cute and interesting, but I wish they would address the concerns the community currently has.

These announcements are all so annoying. We don't need a reminder every time something is leaving - we don't need to be spammed with GC ads multiple times throughout the day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm
Pwnder
Izzy Said Rawr

Link

And knowing gaia maybe. Remember they can't really make real money off an arranger.

Cranberry-Conundrum

I see...

I'm actually glad to see that users are not all responding with suggestions to make housing better, especially not before working on those other features they promised first.

If they show curiosity like this I have to wonder if they intend to shut it down based on our feedback results.
Sorry, left for lunch after I posted that.

Yeah, that was my response. I've decided that I'm going to start writing a letter for every major thread response I make, essentially. Pros and cons.
Thank yous for awesome things, and Please Stop/Don't Thises for others. It'll just take a minute if I can do it when I make the thread response and drop it off later, and maybe the influx will work.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm
I suspect that's the thing. They're trying to gauge whether they're going to shut it down or monetize it.

Actually considering UK is gone...they might just be trying to figure out if they can shut it down without mass mutiny. He was one of the main people who were qualified to work on towns and other programming things like that....  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm
ll Rivers ll
I has always been a long time user of Gaia. I have been here through several ups and now several downs. I am no longer able to have fun on Gaia like I was able to before. Prices are over the top ridiculous, the economy is facing one of the largest inflation's ever, and most people are just sick of it. Gaia has focused more on gaining profit than actually making the sight better for users. If we continue to be on this path, I will be one of the several people to just leave the website. Now all I wait for is for Gaia to become like W.O.W and make us pay a monthly fee to use the website.
If Gaia was like Blizzard, they'd have a legitimate business strategy that encouraged their long-term users, make actual scheduled updates, and perform routine maintenance in addition to bonus features.

Then I'd actually pay them, so.

I don't think they ever will get to the point of charging a subscription, however. In the meantime I think a proactive stance is best. But that's my take on it.  

Shisa_Piston

Lunatic

Cranberry-Conundrum

Fanatical Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm
Pwnder
Izzy Said Rawr

Link

Cranberry-Conundrum

I see...

A lot of people are pointing out that they should have made that poll an announcement because a lot of the flash place users never visit forums, and aren't those the users they should be asking the most about it?

Unless they are trying to get a more anti-houses reaction? :/ Maybe they want to shut it down..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:44 pm
I never actually thought it would get to the point where I can't use the MP anymore, but alas all things come to an end eventually. neutral I find it ridiculous how much worse they're willing to make the MP with little to no effort at all. With how the site is handled, it really boggles my mind sometimes to see s**t with them telling us about how much they care.

This recent poll is nice and all, but I don't get why they're focusing on housing (then again, did anyone ask for the animal bases which are now going to occupy the artists' time even further?). Given Gaia's history with polls--even before things got bad--I'm not really expecting anything from this other than bad news or delays.  

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

Corporeal Beast

Clean Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 pm
xx I met my fate xx
Hey guys! It's time for this week's Ask the Guild! There are a lot of things that came up this week so let's jump right in okay?

Hot Topics:
MORE gold generators. We had one released pretty much every day.
Yet more crappy quality recolours
Gaia broke yet another record with 9 cash shop announcements in one day!
A new bundle was released yet again.
And the new avatar system - [Animals]

So as usual, feel free to ask any questions of the crew that you want, give us any opinions you've got and so on! We're here for you guys so don't hold back!

Sign some petitions to get your voice heard
No More Gold Generators
No More Announcement Spam
You must be 18 or older with a legal address to participate in the petitions
heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:22 pm
I can't believe the amount of announcements I got while I was gone for a day.. 10! 10 freaking announcements! God.. I honestly hate this now.  

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 pm
Pwnder
I see...

Remember how ambitious Towns 2 was when it began? We got updates rolled out every week. The current state that it's in was only meant to be temporary. With that being said, I speculate that you're exactly right. If they can parts of Towns 2, then that gives them less to worry about outside of s**t regarding the CS. The fact that they didn't even plan our events this year says that much already.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:45 pm
Izzy Said Rawr
Cranberry-Conundrum
Pwnder
Technicolour_Piston
The staff has put up a poll and feedback requesting info on our thoughts on housing!

Link please? razz

Totally want to check this out. Are they wanting to do something with housing instead of doing Loyal's Bazaar and the Inventory Arranger? stare

Not really housing but they pet system was to be like the event form last summer. Where you had a pet and fed it played games with etc.
The only thing is this function was to be for towns two.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:23 pm
Cranberry-Conundrum
witchy cat panther
gaia needs to stick to items instead of gold payouts.

Exactly, more items spreads the gold thinner. I don't even care if they are gaia cash items or gold items or whatever.

Are we getting to the point where having everything we thought sacred getting re-released isn't so bad vs. Gold generators? xD

yes it is almost like its better to buy with real money instead of getting it with gold.
gold use to be easy and plentiful now it is so rare and special it seems like people are just greedy to get these impossible items like back wings and items that are pretty, I mean really rig pets are so post to be rare but what the hell not so rare it hits 9 digits of gold! and only 5 people in gaia own it or whatever!!

sadly I will admit I feel this way myself, I want lilac kitten star sooo damn bad but I can not find someone selling let alone pay 300-400-500mil for a damn recolor that does not even have the extra poses like jet does. so I am hoping they will put it in the cash shop even if I have to pay to get it in a crazy bundle it is easier and better than spending greedy people gold for it.

I do not know about yourself but I personally feel bad for the newer people coming in. imagine how they must feel? all there dreams are impossible most of my items were 100k-900k item now there BOOM! 1mil plus items! its like wtf happened these items are not valuable enough but -shurgs- I guess its everyone fault part of the reason it was so cheep is people would buy gaia cash a lot and buy the cash shop bundles and the rigs so things were easy to get and you could actually get a exciting good item for 300k now nothing is that cheep anymore. and it is not our job to just give them gold because we feel bad ya know? no one donated to my dream avi and helped me so personally I think everyone needs to fend for themselves for there first dream avi before asking for helps so they know how hard it is to earn gold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 pm
*sigh* What's the point of playing anymore? I think I should set up a point on Gaia that will mean that I will stop coming on anymore... Like honestly this whole situation is like Leonardo DiCRAPrio. (No offense to Mr. Dicaprio, that's just my nickname for him.)
Maybe the point will be when Marketplace Gold Revenue gets over _________ amount of gold.  

disconcerto

Beloved Shounen

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:06 pm
So can we talk about how to gather together every friday between multiple group leaders, to see if we can have a discussion or two prepared at the ready?  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff