Spring Painting Contest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Everything primed, not shown, but also primed, the pieces of leg armour that are still attached to the sprue.

Now to dig out the tank brush and Leadbelcher.

edit.

Everything that needs to be metal (Skeleton, trims on the armour and carapace, weapons etc.) have been blocked out. Not visible on this pic, but I've also gone over the model with Balthasar Gold here and there to add a bit more diversity to the model, like part of the exhausts, the round bits at the hips and whatnot.

Tomorrow.. Giving the while thing a wash or two of Nuln Oil, followed by drybrushing with Necron Compound and if schedule permitting, picking out pistons and details with Runefang Steel and Sepia.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 pm

And we're slowly getting there. Initially I went with Necron Abyss / Kantor blue, but that was too dark, so I went with Macragge Blue instead. It still needs one or two thinned coats of blue for a more even look. After that, gold for all the armour trims, red for the Aquila toting panels and some creamy white for the mask.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Death Sharpie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 am
DarkElf27
Death Sharpie
Units you say?

I may finally pick up that Calvary unit I have been eyeing for Warmachine for this.
ninja Any luck?

Sadly, I forgot all about this. Then my bills increased. Then some dumb stuff happened.

I have one rider though painted that I bought separately in a blister instead of the full unit. I will try to post it  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:46 pm
Another updatän:

Like I said, slowly getting there, yay!

Still need to gold trim the feet, clean up the gun arm, do the gun arm carapace, finish the missing armour pieces and pick out all them rivets. emotion_facepalm Then I can turn to the decals and some personal heraldry for the pilot, that will be displayed on the left knee and right forward shoulder carapace.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:52 am
Why didn't you finish the Sentinel first? You suck. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 am
Well, at least I don't blow. Eh? Ehhhhh? emotion_awesome

But eh, when I'm done with the Knight I'll continue work on the Sentinel squadron, might as well go all the way now that they're both cheaper and better suited for the list I have in mind.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 pm
Next time I see you I will kill you until you die. emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:29 am

Another step closer, all that remains is a simple decorative pattern for the right cream-coloured shoulder plate, a lot of decals all over the place and some bits of tuft for the base. Maybe also finish the pilot while I'm at it.

After that, continue work on the Sentinel squadron.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:22 am
Time for another update, applied the decals this time round.

Still need to seal them in, but not before I've touched up on the black aquila edges where they don't touch the armour edges a 100%. I'm also looking at what might be a good (and easy) pattern to apply to the right shoulder guard, plus the left knee, which is as of yet still unadorned.

After that, maybe I'll add in purity seals?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:27 am
surprised  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10 pm
I like how the red-black decals came out. Are there any more coats-of-arms you're planning to put on it? I seem to remember you wanted to do a custom one.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:16 pm
Can i still enter.. since i have some low rank conscripts lying around. ninja
and an HQ as well. ninja

My painting skills still suck though sweatdrop  

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:37 pm
DarkElf27
I like how the red-black decals came out. Are there any more coats-of-arms you're planning to put on it? I seem to remember you wanted to do a custom one.
I'm still looking at what to do with the cream coloured panel. The "original" House Terryn suits sport patterns ranging from chevrons, diamonds to fancy line art. I'm either going to go with that if I can find the fine masking tape or for the sake of simplicity, raid the Elysian / Imperial Armour decal sheet for a nice and simple symbol that can fill up most of the area.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:40 pm
merydell
and an HQ as well. ninja

You can still enter until the first of May. Contests are always a great time to try and improve on your skills. And hey, I bet I suck even more at painting than you do! wink

If you're going to be painting your Scions and need help with them check out GW's YouTube channel, they got a two-parter on how to paint them. I used their tutorial videos on the Knight to get a few great pointers on how to paint it up like they do.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:42 pm
BrookM
merydell
and an HQ as well. ninja

You can still enter until the first of May. Contests are always a great time to try and improve on your skills. And hey, I bet I suck even more at painting than you do! wink

If you're going to be painting your Scions and need help with them check out GW's YouTube channel, they got a two-parter on how to paint them. I used their tutorial videos on the Knight to get a few great pointers on how to paint it up like they do.

One of the guys at the local warhammer club is giving me and my housemate a free paint workshop, he does that s**t to make money so he knows how to do painitng eek  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff