Visitors
  +1
View Results

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 pm
Kangit
II CASPER Il
do you think there might still be a link to get into towns 2 without the pre rolled ads? or do we just have to live with the ad block codes?

Well, it looks like this would be the link to get in without them, but it doesn't seem to go past the loading screen (at least for me). That's probably intentional so people can't get past the pre-roll ads, yet Adblock can still keep you from seeing them, so I'm not sure how wasting our time "watching" nothing helps them other than as a punishment. Maybe they never altered the original Towns because it's not as popular?

Either way, I doubt there are any more direct links to get past any pre-roll ads (at least for Towns 2).

You can use CSS to hide the Crunchyroll ad, but not the container itself*, and not skipping it. The ad is a separate loading screen lasting between 5 to 15 seconds (possibly more) before it segues into the usual loading screen.

* The container for this loading screen is like the usual, except with a black square in the middle.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Quote:

Shon (Me): "Can you figure out how to Block the "GCash" & "GoFusion" Tabs in the Gaia Menu Bar and provide codes for us for them? Also could you give me instructions for how to add Filters? I have already installed Adblock and the EHH so you don't need to give instructions for installing them. Please and Thank You!!!"  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:14 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Shon (Me): "Can you figure out how to Block the "GCash" & "GoFusion" Tabs in the Gaia Menu Bar and provide codes for us for them? Also could you give me instructions for how to add Filters? I have already installed Adblock and the EHH so you don't need to give instructions for installing them. Please and Thank You!!!"

You can't use Adblock for those, as they're not just images. There's text, menus, and so on. They also share some assets with the rest of the navbar.

You can use custom CSS to remove them, without affecting anything else. In my signature or here, I wrote a userstyle that removes those tabs and many other GC-related things. You need to have the extension Stylish installed (available for Firefox, Chrome, or Opera).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:26 pm
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

You can't use Adblock for those, as they're not just images. There's text, menus, and so on. They also share some assets with the rest of the navbar.

You can use custom CSS to remove them, without affecting anything else. In my signature or here, I wrote a userstyle that removes those tabs and many other GC-related things. You need to have the extension Stylish installed (available for Firefox, Chrome, or Opera).

Will it work if I'm using the BetterGaia Extension?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:32 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

I don't use BetterGaia, but it should work. Perhaps not with the gold/cash/achievement totals up by the username, but you can edit the userstyle once installed. Every change is documented. All you have to do is erase what changes you don't like (or better yet, comment them out by encasing them like /* this */ ).

If you run into a problem, PM me a screenshot and I can guess what you'd have to edit in to fix it (or tell you if it can't be done).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 pm
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

I don't use BetterGaia, but it should work. Perhaps not with the gold/cash/achievement totals up by the username, but you can edit the userstyle once installed. Every change is documented. All you have to do is erase what changes you don't like (or better yet, comment them out by encasing them like /* this */ ).

If you run into a problem, PM me a screenshot and I can guess what you'd have to edit in to fix it (or tell you if it can't be done).

It worked like a charm except it didn't get rid of the Chance Item Puppy. Also would there be a way to use Stylish to improve upon some of the Minor Annoyances of Better Gaia by relocating them to a location that isn't annoying? (Ex: The Logout function is underneath my Gold, but the part that makes it appear is next to my avatar.) If there is could you do it for me please cuz I don't know how to play with programs like Stylish at all; if you do I will compensate you for the help if you want me to do so, ok?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

It worked like a charm except it didn't get rid of the Chance Item Puppy. Also would there be a way to use Stylish to improve upon some of the Minor Annoyances of Better Gaia by relocating them to a location that isn't annoying? (Ex: The Logout function is underneath my Gold, but the part that makes it appear is next to my avatar.) If there is could you do it for me please cuz I don't know how to play with programs like Stylish at all; if you do I will compensate you for the help if you want me to do so, ok?

I didn't block the Chance Item puppy because its only stable identifier is "override-icon", and I'm not sure if by blocking this, I'll end up blocking things like Daily Chance or any event links.

Your request: Possibly? I'm leaning toward "no", but then again Stylish can reconfigure how all of Firefox looks like.
What browser do you use, and do you use the latest version of BG?

Edit: I would also really like a screenshot.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 pm
Maerua
I didn't block the Chance Item puppy because its only stable identifier is "override-icon", and I'm not sure if by blocking this, I'll end up blocking things like Daily Chance or any event links.

Your request: Possibly? I'm leaning toward "no", but then again Stylish can reconfigure how all of Firefox looks like.

Gotcha. Will I still be able to block it using AdBlock? Also I'm not sure if it's the latest version of BG I'm using, but the Screenshot will tell you which one I am using, answer your other question, and also has the Screenshot you wanted tho FYI I added the Giant Red Arrow to show you what I meant about the Log Out function not appearing near the thing next to the avi.

User Image  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:57 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua

Gotcha. Will I still be able to block it using AdBlock? Also I'm not sure if it's the latest version of BG I'm using, but the Screenshot will tell you which one I am using, answer your other question, and also has the Screenshot you wanted tho FYI I added the Giant Red Arrow to show you what I meant about the Log Out function not appearing near the thing next to the avi.

[ snipped image ]

Blocking the critter: absolutely, but it blocks that particular gif only. The link remains in that area, too. I'll have to wait until the next CI with a gif comes around to find a permanent, universal solution.

That menu: that happens without my userscript as well. BetterGaia had been discontinued on Firefox for a long time, and it looks like there's more problems than just what you pointed out.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I did check if it works with BG on Chrome. The User menu pushes the gold counter down, as intended.

I can't fix what I didn't cause. I might play around with Firefox's broken BetterGaia (and release any fixes as a separate userstyle), but in the meantime disable BG, or use Chrome if BG is that important.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 pm
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua

[ snipped image ]

Blocking the critter: absolutely, but it blocks that particular gif only. The link remains in that area, too. I'll have to wait until the next CI with a gif comes around to find a permanent, universal solution.

That menu: that happens without my userscript as well. BetterGaia had been discontinued on Firefox for a long time, and it looks like there's more problems than just what you pointed out.

I did check if it works with BG on Chrome. The User menu pushes the gold counter down, as intended.

I can't fix what I didn't cause. I might play around with Firefox's broken BetterGaia (and release any fixes as a separate userstyle), but in the meantime disable BG, or use Chrome if BG is that important.

That Minor Annoyance isn't enough to get me to do either of those suggestions cuz...

1) I like the Mods of BG too much.
2) I don't like Chrome as a Main WebBrowser cuz I can't operate it anywhere near as well as I can operate Firefox.

Thank you very much and just let me know if you ever manage to fix Firefox's Broken BetterGaia via a separate userstyle so I can change it and I myself or you can let the BetterGaia Users know about it. Hell I'm pretty sure any Firefox Lovers that like to use BetterGaia for Firefox would love it if you ever manage to help improve it and the same I think would go for the creator of BetterGaia. Hell he might even be able to fix Firefox's Version of BetterGaia with help from your userstyle upgrade to it if you ever manage to make one that works that is. XD  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:53 am
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Kangit
Firefox: Click on the ABP symbol, go to Filter preferences..., go to the Custom filters tab, then click Add filter (not Add filter group) on the upper right corner, and enter the codes into the white box that shows up.

If Add filter group is in the upper right corner instead of Add filter, then either hover around it until your mouse cursor turns into the left and right pointing arrows indicating you can resize it, or click on the dotted vertical line (with two left-ward facing tiny arrows on both ends of it). Then Add filter should be in the upper right corner.

Chrome: Click on the ABP symbol, go to Options, then Add your own filters. Add the codes to the white box just to the left of Add filter.

I don't know enough about any of the other browsers, like Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera, to know how to add codes for those.

If you have EHH installed (for Firefox), then these codes should get rid of the tabs:

gaiaonline.com###gcash_menu
Gaia Cash menu

gaiaonline.com###gofusion_menu
GoFusion menu

gaiaonline.com##.megamenu-divider
Gets rid of the tiny "gap" that appears when you remove those menus

Don't know if I can get them to work for other browsers.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:31 pm
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Would you mind creating a Slightly Tweaked version of that CSS aforementioned that still has 1 "Purchase GC Option" in the Shops Tab for a Gaia fr-acquaintance of mine that wants at least one of them still available?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Would you mind creating a Slightly Tweaked version of that CSS aforementioned that still has 1 "Purchase GC Option" in the Shops Tab for a Gaia fr-acquaintance of mine that wants at least one of them still available?

Not necessary. Click on the gold icon next to your displayed gold amount, it should take you to a page titled 'Gold information'. One of its tabs is 'Buy Gaia Cash' and takes you to the purchase page.

And really, if you want to remove something, look through the thoroughly documented userstyle and delete lines for any stuff you want back. (Extensions -> Stylish -> Preferences -> Manage Userstyles -> (mine) -> Edit, on Firefox)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:12 pm
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Have you modified your Custom CSS to accomodate the New Gaia Header Update yet? Or have you not gotten to that yet?  

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:17 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Maerua
Kor Saiyajinkami

Quote:

Have you modified your Custom CSS to accomodate the New Gaia Header Update yet? Or have you not gotten to that yet?

Fix is out for the tiered spending status bar, now I'm working on the cosmetic fix for the gold count.

Edit: I think I made the gold count look normal and rounded again.  
📢Taking Action! - Petitions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff