10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 pm
Three words. ******** you Meg.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
Hey Moonie, do these guys ever update their stock? I keep noticing they use these outdated double barrel shotguns. I've only seen one pump action so far. I'm not complaining, but I just feel like that could use some better digs.

Yes, the Winchesters do have other guns besides the shotguns. The other guns range from older styles to modern day styles. You see the boys use them periodically in later seasons. Aside from being seen in the show, I also know that this is true because I got to look inside their weapon box when I went to Wizard World Comic Con. 3nodding

In regards to why the boys are consistently seen using older style guns, there could be a few reasons for this. The first obvious reason is that a majority of these guns probably were passed down through the generations both on the Winchester and Campbell family lines. So, in some ways, it's a heirloom of the family and the only connection to the family members they barely got to know due to the hunting business. Upgrading to more recent modern guns would probably make the boys feel like they're turning their backs on what their family knew best. Not to mention, some of these guns were personalized specifically for the hunting business.

Another reason - well, technically a combination of two reasons - is the history behind the creation of the show. Eric Kripke, the creator of Supernatural, wanted the series to have the feel of "a modern-day Western". After his original surname idea being dismissed for legal reasons ((because someone lived in Kansas with the name)), he decided to pull inspiration from his interest in the Winchester Mystery House and settled on the surname of "Winchester". The Winchester Mystery House is a mansion in California that belonged to Sarah Winchester, the widow of William Wirt Winchester. William Winchester was the treasurer of the Winchester Repeating Arms Company, a position he held until his death in 1881. Although the Winchester Repeating Arms Company ((headquarters located in New Haven, Connecticut)) produced various guns, it is probably best known for the Winchester rifle. The rifle was produced from 1873-1919 and nicknamed "The Gun that Won the West". So, in the end, with a combination of that "modern-day Western" feel and a connection to an older style gun company, it would seem logical that they would stick with using older styles of guns. If they upgraded specifically to modern day guns, it would lose that Western feel.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:59 pm
Leprechaun_Sean

Haha... yeah, you're probably going to hate Meg during her early days on the show. I know I did when I first started watching the show. It wasn't until her latter days that my feelings towards her started changing. I don't want to go into further detail because it might spoil some stuff for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:06 pm
MIDGET LOVER!!!  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 pm
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean

Haha... yeah, you're probably going to hate Meg during her early days on the show. I know I did when I first started watching the show. It wasn't until her latter days that my feelings towards her started changing. I don't want to go into further detail because it might spoil some stuff for you.

Oh what bullshit. I don't care if she sold her soul to save her little sister with leukemia, I do not like her.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean

Oh what bullshit. I don't care if she sold her soul to save her little sister with leukemia, I do not like her.

xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ember Terran

Timid Genius

9,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:40 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean

That's just cold man  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 am
Ember Terran
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean

That's just cold man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZh6Okt1Yyg&index  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:34 am
Where are you now, dude? Where is the journey so far?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm
B1g_crunch

I am almost done with the first season.  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:33 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
B1g_crunch

biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
B1g_crunch

biggrin

It feels like a giant a** uphill climb. If I ever finish season five, I might stop.  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
B1g_crunch

biggrin

It feels like a giant a** uphill climb. If I ever finish season five, I might stop.

It'll probably feel like a slow process at first but once you get further into the storyline, it might go quicker. *shrugs* But then again, it depends on what else is going on your life that could interfere with your marathoning period.

And you can't stop at season 5! There's too much awesome stuff that happens in later seasons that I would hate for you to miss.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
B1g_crunch

biggrin

It'll probably feel like a slow process at first but once you get further into the storyline, it might go quicker. *shrugs* But then again, it depends on what else is going on your life that could interfere with your marathoning period.

And you can't stop at season 5! There's too much awesome stuff that happens in later seasons that I would hate for you to miss.

User Image

But Mistress Moonie! It's hard! crying  

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:58 pm
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
Prof. Moonie
Leprechaun_Sean
B1g_crunch

biggrin

User Image

But Mistress Moonie! It's hard! crying

You can do it! emotion_yatta  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out