Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
▧ The Magic Neep ▧ Open ▧ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:25 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Verily immediately began nervously tapping her fingers against her leg when Kenneth spotted her. She wasn't blind; she did notice his eyes roam over her and she hadn't realized just how weird that was until it happened. Since her little phase began, Verily had, had plenty of guys check her out, but mostly she just ignored them and it didn't bother her a bit, and yet here she was, with her friend, and he was checking her out, and it was making her nervous. None of that added up in the slightest. The moment he slid his warm jacket around her though, she sighed in relief. She knew she was cold, but she hadn't realized how cold until the warmth of his coat wrapped her in heat.

Long fingers slid through her wavy hair as she looked at him with an almost apologetic look.
                                                        “This....” She said, gesturing to.... well herself, “was my sister's idea, and probably one of her worst ones at that. I dunno why I agreed to it. Its the stupidest idea ever, but she seems to think that if I dress 'confidently',” and yes she made the air quotes as she said the word, “then I'll feel less self conscious and better about myself or whatever, but its utter cracknuts. She's as nutty as a gopher on acid. I don't know why I put up with her sometimes.... and I'm totally rambling.... as per usual.... again... sorry.” She gave him a sheepish smile and toyed with the edge of his jacket subconsciously.

At his offer of a warm drink, she immediately nodded her head.
                                                        “Please.” She still hadn't come up for an excuse to come visit him at his work, randomly, in the middle of winter. What if he asked? What would she say? She'd probably come up with some kinda of cracked out story that made no sense at all and he'd see right through her and then this whole ordeal would become even more awkward than it already was. Damn she had a way of screwing up her life. It was like she just expelled akwardness from the depths of every single one of her pores and infected every situation she got herself into.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm
User Image
𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Relaxed in The Magic Neepspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Verilyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Confusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What in the hell is she wearing?' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰ I got a paint outside with enough giddyup to be free;
I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, and a hint of gasoline.
✰ ✰ ✰
═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceKenneth's hands may have strayed a second too long on her shoulders; he told himself he was just making sure it would stay in place, making sure she was warm... that had to be it, right? Either that or... sheesh, he needed to get out of the house. He wasn't used to being home alone weekend nights, after all... even after the last year of being here, he still wasn't comfortable with it. And he didn't have friends, except Verily. Other than her, his two employees, and the slew of still mostly-middle aged woman who came in on a semi-regular basis, he didn't really spend much time around women. Less around men, really, but that didn't bother him nearly as much.

spaceHe moved to stand in front of her, leaning back against the counter with a light grin. "Is your sister hoping you'll die of frostbite? Maybe it's a Highlander thing; there can be only one," he said with a chuckle. The idea that she was trying to be more confident, even if it was at the prodding of her sister, was probably a good thing... although he might have to shake some sense ito the pair of them if their idea of dressing confidently was wearing next to nothing in the snow. How cold was it outside, anyway? He knew that she probably had a better tolerance for the cold than he did, after all, but still, there was a limit. He hadn't been kidding when he'd said she was turning blue; her lips held the lightest tint of purple. "One of these days, I'm gonna figure out your secret language," he told her, referring to the always-odd choice of insults she made. Cracknuts, nutty as a gopher on acid... if he hadn't heard it in her accent, he'd have sworn she grew up in Dixie. Pretty sure he could hear his Aunt Do saying something to the same effect. "And you're fine; listening to you ramble is a hell of a lot better than sittin' around doin' nothin'." And wasn't that the truth? He'd been bored out of his skull before she'd shown up. He generally didn't make the girls work Saturdays, since it was such a short shift and there was hardly anything to do. He'd have thought they'd be busy, what with it being the weekend, but apparently not. Her company was much appreciated... even if he could barely follow what she was saying.

spaceWhen she accepted the offer of a drink, he gestured for her to follow, pushing off of the counter and heading towards the back, which had become an odd mix of a storage area and break room. In the right corner, there was a row of counters and a small stove. He put a kettle on, and glanced at her. "Tea, or cocoa?" he asked, curious. He still couldn't get used to drinking hot tea. Tea wasn't supposed to be hot! Nothing any Brit told him (or Yankee, for that matter) would ever convince him otherwise! But, he did love a good cup of cocoa... he'd become something of a connoisseur the last year. Between it being freezing more often than not and his hatred of hot tea, he hadn't had much of a choice... at first, he'd just been drinking what he could find, but lately he'd started special ordering all sorts of different brands and flavors. There were probably ten different varieties in the cabinet over the stove... whereas the tea selection was limited to Earl Grey, and whatever else his employees had brought in for themselves when he'd told them he didn't drink tea and was therefore unlikely to buy anymore. "So, you never did say what brings you here. Need somethin', or is this a social call?" he asked, flashing a smile over his shoulder as he lit the stove, eyes bright. Honestly, he hadn't a clue what she could possibly need here; he'd heard it was fairly easy to sneak into the kitchens at the castle, after all, and he was sure they had plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. It had to be social, then, right? He was good with that; like he'd said, listening to her ramble was infinitely better than sitting around doing nothing.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          I don't have a white horse, but you can come along for the ride
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:52 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Beater ♫ Single ♫

Don't wanna let you ๔๏ฬภ but I am ђєใใ bound.
                                                        ςยгҭคเภ’ร call is the ใครҭ of all.
                                                        When the lights ғค๔є out all the รเภภєгรcrawl.

Ver rolled her eyes at his comment of her sister trying to kill her. “Yes you egg, my sister is definitely trying to kill me, even though she's the only one who's ever stood by me through everything.” She stuck her tongue out at him, but even so a small smile had played onto her features at this. It seemed like it'd been forever since she'd been able to playfully tease someone that wasn't her family. And honestly, it probably had been forever. Too much had happened in too short of a time. The thought brought her mood down a bit. It was hard to not dwell on her past, a shitty past at that if she might say so herself. She'd been shy and quiet, then she'd met Darius and they'd become good friends, then her aunt and uncle had been murdered in her very own house, then she'd lived with her older sister for the rest of summer in an awkward silence that held way to many secrets. Her secrets, her cousin's secrets, and all of the Catlin's secrets. Then when she'd returned to school, stupid Erik had to come along and ******** with her mind. She wasn't going to say it was all his fault, but to be fair, she was 12, she hadn't known any better and he'd stolen everything from her and screwed up Darius for her, and there was just so much she wished she could undo.

She snapped out of her depressing thoughts at the sound of Kenneth's voice. Blinking a couple times, she raised her eyebrow at his comment.
                                                        “My secret language?” She asked. “Do I speak weird to you mister American?” She teased, her depressing mood gone at once, with him back on her mind. She followed behind him, a small smile lifting her lips as she brushed a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

“I'm going to sound totally non British right now, but Cocoa.” She said, a small laugh escaping her lips as she hopped up to sit on the counter and watch him curiously. She pulled her hair away from her face absentmindedly and braided it over her shoulder, before adjusting her glasses on her face and returning her attention to Kenneth, just in time for him to ask why she was there. “uhhhh......” She paused, chewing on her lip. She was going to sound weird if she said she was just missing him. She knew she was.... or was that how friendship worked? She didn't know. Did friends just randomly decide they missed each other and randomly visit each other at their places of work? She blinked a couple of times and then shrugged. “I... uhh... just woke up... er... missing you?” She looked away immediately, feeling way to awkward to even function anymore. And there was no doubt about it, Verily was once again, blushing.

When you feel my ђєคҭ, look into my єұєร.
                                                        It’s where my ๔є๓๏ภร hide. It is dark เภรเ๔є.
                                                        No matter what we ๒гєє๔. We still are made of ﻮгєє๔.
                                                        Don’t get too ςใ๏รє, this is my кเภﻮ๔๏๓ come.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 pm
User Image
𝕂𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Relaxed in The Magic Neepspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Verilyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Confusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'What in the hell is she wearing?' spacespac

✰ ✰ ✰ I got a paint outside with enough giddyup to be free;
I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, and a hint of gasoline.
✰ ✰ ✰

spaceKenneth couldn't keep from chuckling at her response, though he did manage an expression of mock offense. "Hey, I'm just lookin' out for ya! Maybe she just needs an organ donor! It'd certainly explain her tryin'a put ya on ice," he told her with a grin. Not that he really thought her sister was some awful person, of course. Then again, he hadn't exactly met the girl. For all he knew, she could be Ver's evil twin. He doubted it, though. First of all, this wasn't one of his mom's soaps. Second of all... well, he didn't really have any other reasoning, except that he was pretty sure Ver wouldn't be so close to the other girl if she was really awful. Ver might be a bit... soft, sometimes, but she wasn't dumb. Surely she wouldn't put up with someone who was really horrible to her, even if it was her sister.

spaceThe American's eyebrow arched in an almost-perfect mirror of her expression, except his mouth pulled into a devilish smirk. "Verily, I've been here a year. I'm almost up to speed on the weird way y'all Brits talk... but I haven't for the life of me got a single clue what you're sayin' half the time. I need a decoder or somethin'," he told her, rolling his eyes. "Most people don't go around callin' people 'eggs' like it's an insult. Dunno if you hadn't noticed; I certainly never called you an egg." Seriously. Egg. Treechopper. Where did she come up with this stuff? The thing that threw him off the most about it was that it just came out, like it was the completely normal thing to say in whatever the situation was. Most people picked up things like that from their friends or family... who the hell was Ver hanging out with that she'd picked that up? He certainly hadn't met anyone else who talked like that. Well, except his Aunt Do. But there's no way the two of them had ever met; Do hadn't been out of her home in twenty years, and hadn't been out of the state in forty. She'd never even left the country, not once in her whole life. She'd always wanted to, of course, but her health had gotten bad long before she'd had the means.

spaceWhen she asked for cocoa, he smiled, watching as she hopped up onto the counter. He was distracted for the briefest of seconds as she fiddled with her hair, then turned to the cabinet, opening it up. "Well, then. Lemme... see..." He looked around the shelves, expression thoughtful. After a moment, he pulled a tin out, the information on it in some variety of Spanish. The brand was from... Peru? Anyway, it was one of his favorites right now. Not too bitter, made the mixture just thick enough (though that was sort of up to the drinker, since you had to add the water)... He pulled out a mug as well, and measured out the mixture. He glanced her out of the corner of his eye as he worked. "Sugar? Cinnamon? Anything fancy?" he asked. After a moment of thought, he decided that the cocoa smelled too good, and started on a mug for himself. He specifically selected a red mug so he'd remember which was which (hers was rose), and added the same measurement of cocoa powder, plus a bit of sugar, some nutmeg, and a bit of vanilla extract.

spaceHe was so wrapped up in making the cocoa, her awkward explanation of why she'd come by went completely over his head. He missed the stutter, didn't register the blush (and anyway, she had one so often that he could be forgiven for mistaking it for her natural complexion), turning and offering her a small smile. "Missed you, too. Gets boring around here. Not that Ruth and Sophie aren't great, but... you're better conversation. For me, anyway. Not like there's anything wrong with them," he told her, wondering if, were either of his employees there to hear it, they would be offended at the implication that somehow Verily was a better person to talk to. He didn't really mean it that way, just... he liked talking to Verily. Maybe it was just because the other two were his employees; it did tend to enforce a sense of formality on their interactions, even if he didn't intend for there to be one. Oh, well. At least he had one friend, right?

✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight; You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          I don't have a white horse, but you can come along for the ride
                                                          ✰ ✰ ✰

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 pm
Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Cashier of the Magic Neep]

Sister of Professor Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Professor of Hogwarts)
Graduate of Salem's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry
Coyote Dorm Member
(Werewolf without a Pack Affiliation)
Current Age: 23
Wand: Osage Orange, Dragon Heartstring, Supple and Knobby, 10 7/8 inch
An American abroad and feeling a bit lost...
User Image

Sophie Taylor Dechering had settled into her life abroad quite well by this point. It was the third summer, technically, that she had moved out of the States with her sister who had taken a professorship at Hogwarts. Sophie had a job she liked, fellow co-workers and a boss she didn't mind, and it was nice to hear a familiar accent beyond her sister's. Though, her boss's red-haired girlfriend basically technically spoke normal English words, but unlike most Brits went far beyond the typical slang and Sophie assumed the girl, Verily had just invented her own language. Sophie generally just said nothing when Verily did come in-though it wasn't like she was the most talkative anytime.

Sophie had placed her bag on a shelf behind the cash register, the bag open, and she pulled out a peach she had brought for breakfast. Sophie still felt half asleep from the last couple days she had off-more specifically the night before last which was the full moon, which basically meant she didn't count those as real days off. Yawning she took a bite into the peach and half wondered why what she could only assume should be the easiest thing about being a werewolf-having one long night a month-and adjusting sleeping for that was the most problematic thing in her personal life about her condition. Making trustworthy wolfsbane was easy. And considering the sheer amount of werewolves she could smell around Hogsmeade and that she had never been confronted on her own smell, she was confident she generally didn't have to worry about that. Her boss was agreeable to the days she requested off-the time of the full moon and the other few days she asked so it didn't seem as suspicious. And, she had even found a place that served decent raw steak and had good drinks-and also sold cages, but then again the Shrieking Shack was ridiculously sketchy and she was sure by now it basically catered mostly to vampires or werewolves so it had need for more interesting menu items than say an average bar or tavern-sketchy or not. In the end, Sophie blamed her inability to adjust her sleep easily to a lack of proper foresight and some immaturity on her part. Hell, her sister would go to clubs all night after graduating from Salem and still be able to show up for work in the morning fine. Then again, a metamorphagus could probably just force herself to appear well rested if she wanted to. It gave Sophie a headache sometimes to think what her sister could or couldn't do with her abilities.

With a yawn, Sophie took another bite of her breakfast debating if she'd rather a busy day that helped her stay awake or a quiet day that allowed her to be lazy and tired without it being noticed as much. As she stood there eating her breakfast she pulled out of her bag her list of potions supplies she was low on and needed to pick up that evening and ran through the wolfsbane potion ingredients and a few of the healing potion ingredients she intended to make for her sister.

Wearing: Casual Clothes
Time of the Year: Summer 2027

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:10 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Verily McHalen
                                                          Looking Relaxed at Work with Sophie
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Man, she looked exhausted... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I got a paint outside ✰ ✰ ✰xxx
                                                          With enough giddyup to be free; ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxx
                                                          I got a faint smell of cheap perfume, ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxx
                                                          And a hint of gasoline. ✰ ✰ ✰xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceKenneth stepped out from the backroom and moved behind the counter, coming to stand next to Sophie. He stifled a small yawn, leaning back against the back counter, glancing over at her. Well, she looked about as tired as he felt. The American had been up since before dawn working on a shipment that'd come in. He'd barely gotten finished about five minutes ago, and had taken the time to lean back and make a cup of coffee, which he now held. He would still be in the back if he hadn't heard the movement from the front room. "Long night?" he quipped, offering her a small smile. He wasn't entirely sure why she looked so tired... she'd had a few days off, this was her first day back, and unlike her sister, Sophie had never struck him as the sort to stay up all night partying. So, he had to wonder what on Earth she'd been doing all night that she looked so dead on her feet today. He had his suspicions, of course, but nothing concrete enough to bother with asking. And he wasn't really looking for proof, either; it wasn't like he cared, as long as she came in and did her job and wasn't an unpleasant person to be around, which he was happy to say was not the case. He wasn't really looking for anything... but, he couldn't help but notice a few things here and there. Patterns. Odd little instances. Things that alone wouldn't have meant a thing, but when put together... he gave his head a light shake. He wasn't a nosy person, he didn't need to go digging around.

spaceHe gestured towards her with the coffee mug. "Coffee's fresh in the pot in the backroom if you need a pick me up," he told her, taking a quick sip of his own. Normally, he liked his a little sweeter, with a bit more cream, but this particular morning, he needed a kick in the pants. Strong and black seemed like the best bet, and man, was it strong. He really needed to get back to work, given that while he'd finished going through the shipment, he hadn't bothered getting anything out on the floor as of yet, but he needed a moment to rest. Ruth would be coming in to take over later on, but that wasn't until later on in the afternoon. It wouldn't do for him to run himself ragged before they'd even opened. Which, looking at the clock, he realized they were only about ten minutes away from that. He really needed to get the shipment out... but, it wasn't as though there were any huge holes out in the displays. Some bins were a bit picked through, but all in all, they didn't look like they were short on anything. It could wait... for now.

xxx✰ ✰ ✰ See I'm a different kind of knight;
                                                          xxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ You're gonna find your fairy tales are lies
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ I don't have a white horse,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✰ ✰ ✰ But you can come along for the ride

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:21 pm
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member
User Image

Sophie was lost in thought, when she sensed movement out of the corner of her eye and had already quickly pulled the list she was looking at to her and moved down a step before Kenneth even asked the question about it being a long night. “A long…” She stopped and said obviously a bit flustered, “No… I mean, not at all… Long night? Me? What would I be doing…” Trailing off, she took a breath and said a bit more composed as she stifled a yawn, “I-I don’t do long nights. Probably should have just used a pepper-up potion this morning or something, but side effects… steam coming out of your ears… with work…” She glanced away and set down the last of her peach on the counter and then glanced back as Kenneth noted his coffee mug and said that there was some coffee in the backroom if she needed a pick-me-up.

“Sorry, coffee sounds good,” She said quickly, folding up the piece of parchment she was looking at with her shopping list for later and then she reached for her bag pulling it off the shelf. Not realizing the bag was open she froze as the contents of her bag scattered and as a personal potion bottle began to fall she instinctively dropped the list and bag and caught it just before it fell to the floor. She pulled the bottle to her, opening it quickly nodding at the faint blue smoke that came out and the potion’s bitter smell as she checking if it was okay and said under her breath as she closed the bottle, “Thank God… to find a potioneer you can actually trus-”

She paused and glanced up at Kenneth and then to the contents of her bag-pens, quills, a personal calendar that laid open, a to-do list, several galleons, and on the ground face up her shopping list on top was written quite clearly monkshood-one of the many names for wolfsbane- with other potions supplies and ingredients. Reaching out she quickly grabbed the list and her potion grabbing her bag and said quickly, “Wolfsbane... monkshood... it... it is a necessary ingredient for the… the Wideye Potion… I… sorry, sir.” She ended her statement with a fairly firm 'sir' but none the less she was bright red and quickly stood up after shoving her belongings back in the purse. Her blue eyes flicked back to Kenneth and she held her bag to her much like a guilty child about to be yelled at, yet with the determination to strike back if she was yelled at.

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:47 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Verily McHalen
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth watched with some amusement as Sophie got flustered at his question. He didn't know why it'd caught her so off-guard. It was just a question, after all. Hm, maybe it had been a long night, for some incredibly personal reason? He recalled his suspicions, wondering if he were right, or if it were something else, something more... usual. Maybe she had a boyfriend or something. It wasn't any of his business to know what was going on in her life outside the shop, of course, so long as it wasn't affecting her work, so it wasn't like she would've been obligated to tell him. For someone who didn't do long nights, she sure looked like she'd had a hell of a weekend. But, he wouldn't pry; it wasn't in his nature. "Hm, yeah. I imagine that'd get a bit awkward after a while," he said in response to the comment about a pepper-up potion. Side effects for potions could be strange... but he supposed it was only fair, given how strange magic was in general.

spaceKenneth watched as the contents of her bag spilled out, setting his mug down to kneel and try and help her collect her things. He was somewhat impressed by her reflexes, how easily she'd caught the tiny vial. That was another one of those things about her that seemed peaked his curiosity; her reflexes, her sense of smell, her sense of hearing... he didn't know for sure, but they all seemed somewhat... above average. She caught things that he often missed, heard things he didn't hear. His eyes trailed to the objects on the floor, eyes landing on the shopping list just before she snatched it up. If the list itself hadn't seemed curious, her reaction would have. He'd barely even had time to see the thing, after all. Wouldn't have known what was on it if she hadn't immediately started to explain herself. He arched a brow as she rambled. "Ah, if you say so, Sophie..." he said quietly. The 'sir' had caught him off-guard, mostly because he, in general, tried to seem as little like a 'sir' as possible. His employee's didn't even call him Mr. Holt if they knew what was good for them, his first name worked just fine.

spaceThe oddity of the situation all but cemented the idea in his mind, though. There was only one reason he could think of for her to be so defensive about a simple shopping list, a single potion ingredient. Monkshood might be necessary for a Wideye Potion... but it was also used in the Wolfsbane Potion. And Kenneth couldn't have missed the fact that, without fail, she always took off the night of the full moon. "... Look, Sophie, uh... if there's something you're not... telling me. That's fine, it's none of my business, but, um... don't, don't worry about lying to me, okay?" he said awkwardly. He didn't want her to have to worry that she had to keep it a secret from him for fear of his treating her differently or, worse, firing her. It was a common concern among werewolves, he believed. Many people were, for some reason, unwilling to employ one. He'd never understood that; they were perfectly normal people every other day and night of the month, after all. And she clearly took her potion every month, why else would she be shopping for the ingredients? Normally, he'd be happy to keep out of her business, and hell, he could be wrong, but in case he wasn't, he did want her to know that she didn't need to worry about losing her job over it.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:02 am
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member
User Image

Sophie bit her lip and looked away when Kenneth had raised his brow at her ramblings and said if she said so. She remembered that Kenneth was one of those Southerners who went for the whole ‘good ol’ boy’ image verses the more formal ‘sirs’ and ‘ma’am’ that Sophie was more used to. Maybe it was the difference of the town or what crowd their families associated with: it was hard to say. Yet, that wasn’t Sophie’s biggest concern as she stared at him with the same stuck expression as Kenneth began with talking about her not telling him something and that it is none of his business and that she shouldn’t have to worry about lying to him. Sophie closed her eyes glancing away beginning to count to ten in her head. If Kenneth had concrete evidence of anything or if it did bother him, questions about her, he wasn’t overly annoyed about it-or what would make the most logical sense. However, Sophie was too used to knowing the stigma of even the thought of even being related to a werewolf (never mind the lack of genetic influence the condition had), let alone actually being one.

Before she could get to ten in her head, Sophie already snapped in annoyance, the fears, the worries, the concerns, and her own family history too ingrained into her for her to buy her enough time to be completely logical or patient in such a situation, “Something I’m not telling you? That’s awfully damn vague. If you have an accusation to make go ahead and make it, but I’ll tell you now anything relevant one way or another you could easily enough look up with the ministry here if you want. I went through a proper approval of my stay here.” Slamming her bag on the counter she pushed past him and then paused and turned. Her eyes narrowed and arms crossed, “So, why don’t you go ahead and say whatever accusation you want?” It was probably the most vocal she had ever been about something and obviously furious. Her voice no longer quiet or soft or even polite at this point.

She uncrossed her arms and unconsciously her fingers already were moving towards the wand in her back pocket. There was a reason her family-a pureblood family- chose to live in a muggle town of all things, muggles didn’t believe in werewolves. If a muggle had made some accusation about her father being a werewolf and trying to discriminate against him-it would be the muggle who was thought to be the issue not her father. In fact it was a smart move and one of the reasons why Sophie had gone back home to help her mother with the family business-a muggle business-then persue any magical career. And discrimination was often one of the lesser that could be done to werewolves. There were always those who actually would hunt them down-some full moon or not. There was a reason her sister was less than happy about Sophie getting a job on her own, especially working with people directly.

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC}

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:24 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Verily McHalen
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth shot Sophie a glare as she went off on him. Where the hell did she get off yelling at him, anyway? "I didn't accuse you of a damn thing!" he retorted, temper rising along with his volume. "And I don't make a habit of snoopin' through my employee's private lives! Especially when it don't matter a damn bit! I only said somethin' because you were freakin' out!" He didn't know what it was with the damn women around him, every single one of them was insane, jumping down his throat at the slightest provocation. He hadn't accused her of anything, hadn't told her he had a right to know, because hell, he didn't, and he knew that. But if she wanted to get uppity with him... "It was vague because you don't owe me an explanation! I was just lettin' you know that, if you were worried about somethin', you didn't have to! But excuse my a** for botherin', if you're just gonna get pissed off about it!" At this point, he almost wanted to say that, yeah, he was pretty well convinced that he'd been right all along, that she was a werewolf. It was the only reason he could think of for her to get so defensive. That thought was the only thing that even remotely cooled his heels. He continued to glare at her, jaw set tight. "I'm gonna be in my office," he muttered, and then he was stalking off to the back. If nothing else, he had to get through a shift with her, which would be significantly more difficult if he didn't get some distance now. He was too annoyed to be able to keep standing there, he knew himself well enough to know he'd ram his foot in his mouth so hard it'd never come out. He needed to cool off... she probably needed to do the same. Maybe if she had a minute alone she'd realize that, hey, he'd asked her about her having some secret, and go figure, not seemed like he was upset about it. He'd actually said the words 'don't worry about it,' for God's sake, how much more clear could he be?

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:54 am
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member
User Image

Sophie’s hand paused as it hovered towards her wand before dropping as the words of Kenneth’s retort to her response registered: Kenneth Holt, her employer, wasn’t going to make any accusations. But as he went on it did dawn her that he had suspected her of being a werewolf-or something was up-for a while. Then again, you couldn’t hide something like that from someone you spent the company of-even at work-for so long. She blinked taking a step back and moving to the side to hit the counter as Kenneth snapped that he didn’t make a habit of snooping through his employees private lives especially when it apparently didn’t matter and only said something because she had been concerned about it in the first place. “Are you half a brick short of a load?” Sophie said astounded-calling her boss stupid, though if he was as sure as he seemed about the implication of her being a werewolf-which was really likely considering her reaction to when her bag fell open and then to him asking about secrets-and saying implying it didn’t matter was fairly stupid. Every month just was another tick of averted disaster, if you asked Sophie-thank God you took your potion properly-thank God it was brewed right-thank God you didn’t run into anyone-thank God, thank God, thank God. Maybe you would be fortunate and never run into any issues, but you had at least twelve times a year, year after year, once you became a werewolf for something to go wrong. Bad fortune could hit anytime and multiple risky times for the rest of your life was all the more of a concern. Even the most cautious could meet disaster after all.

She backed to the counter and reached for her bag as Kenneth said he’d be in his office, glaring at her the whole time. When he more or less slammed the door in the back, Kenneth obviously didn’t bother to shut his office door especially gently at least, Sophie stood there standing at her hands that were shaking as it clutched into her bag. After she had a moment to collect her thoughts she took a deep breath and glanced towards the back before, ducking under the counter. She was sure there was worse people to call her out on things-and it wasn’t like Kenneth ever accused her of being a werewolf, maybe he thought she just had a really weird personal life. And, Hell, considering her sister’s antics when she stopped in that wouldn’t necessarily be completely out of the norm. It wasn’t like most people grew up with wolfsbane potion in their house at all times and think that was normally the easiest to recognize potion out of all potions. The Dechering household grew up with wolfsbane around because of Tucker Dechering and then of course, Sophie when she got bit. But, that wasn’t exactly normal.

Taking a deep breath, she picked up her bag and she headed to the back and knocked on Kenneth’s door, lightly. “Look, I should have mentioned the whole thing, but I knew it could make things really awkward for my sister-not that the governors aren’t aware of our family history, I'm sure, but… And if you did look up my registration… I lied when being employed, right? You can just fire me. Or I can quit if it’ll be neater for you. And, you might not think it is a big deal, but I sure as Hell can bet some of your customers will.” She took a deep breath, waiting for Kenneth’s response as she leaned back against the wall next to the door, her hands tightening on the strap of her bag. “And, I guess I shouldn’t have accused you of being stupid, even if it is true. Or it is regarding this.”

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC}

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Verily McHalen
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Curious
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceKenneth was still seething when Sophie knocked on the door. He grit his teeth, half expecting her to come bursting in and continue yelling at him. He should've known better; people didn't tend to gently knock on a door when they were going to scream at you. He fought the urge to tell her off as she started to speak, forcing himself to listen and think clearly, which was probably one of the more difficult tasks he'd had to accomplish this week. He wasn't known for putting his temper aside, after all. But, given what he now knew about the woman, he couldn't blame her for getting defensive. Had he been in a better mood, the last comment would've made him laugh, because he'd be the first to admit that he wasn't always the smartest person around. Right now, though, it just annoyed him. But, he was at least trying to be reasonable, and figured he should get credit for that. Not that she'd give him any. The American stood and opened the door, arching a brow when he saw her leaning against the wall. "You're not fired," he told her with a roll of his eyes. "An' if you quit, that's your decision. I ain't gonna make you do anything. As for the customers, if you stick around, they don't need to know a damn thing about your personal life. It's not any of their damn business... Hell, it's not any of my business. I wouldn't have ever said anything if you hadn't freaked out over the damn list. Figured if you wanted to keep your secret, that was fine with me, but I didn't want you worryin' about losing your job if I found out. I know that's... a concern. That you might've had. Based on how you acted, I didn't figure it was too far off the mark." He crossed his arms, leaning against the doorframe and watching her. His expression had softened a bit by now, and most of his anger was gone. "But, in the future? It don't do you no good to apologize for callin' someone stupid if you immediately do it again. Not that I'm saying I ain't, but still. It's not much of an apology if you stand by what you said." He watched her for a second, then glanced at his watch. "Look, I gotta work on the shipment. Do me a favor and open up. Unless you're quitting," he said, arching a brow at her. If she wanted to quit, he wouldn't blame her, and it wasn't as though he wasn't used to having to work on his own. He'd been on his own at the shop for the whole first year it'd been open, he could handle working alternating shifts with Ruth. Still, having more people around was nice. He'd miss it. But, he wasn't going to make her stick around if she was uncomfortable.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member
User Image

When the door opened to the office, Sophie took a step back, her one hand still clutching the strap of her bag as the first thing he said was she wasn’t fired and rolled his eyes. The eye roll was annoying. Very annoying and made her feel that much less bad about saying that the man was half a brick short of a load-which she was confident even if she hadn’t apologized for calling him stupid in regards to the statement he would have already known the phrase. Sophie was fairly sure working for an American who had grown up south of the Mason-Dixon Line was one of the reasons her Georgian accent stayed as true as it was. Christina spent the whole year essentially surrounded by British people and hadn’t lived in Georgia for a while before moving here in the first place. Well, not all Britts, Sophie amended, there was some Irish ex-quidditch player or whatever Christina spent time with. Sophie was just basically waiting for when her sister sent whatever that relationship was (and Sophie knew way better than to ask about Chrissy's personal life in regards to that) to Hell in a handbasket over the same issue that Kenneth was addressing Sophie on, now-or at least related. Chrissy liked her secrets-from what Sophie is to what their father was- and that didn't work in the long run with people, generally.

Sophie took a deep breath as she listened and Kenneth said that it wasn’t the customers business and not his business about her “personal life”. And that he didn’t want her worried about losing her job and how she acted it had been a safe assumption. “Actually, it is sort of your business as you are in charge of scheduling when I work. Granted, I told you my hour limitations up front just added a few I didn’t have. And, I would still like to keep the less ‘she is only missing certain times of the month’ schedule I have been doing. Though, I suppose I could come in and do work in the back those times, now…” She let out a long sigh, “…and losing my job isn’t nearly as concerning as some things. It was impulsive of me to take a job in the first place. Or at least in a wizarding village.”

“And, I still stand firm on this whole issue of you being half a brick short of a load-or at least in regards to this. You ever hear of things like werewolf or vampire hunting? Some people get kicks out of that stuff. Hell, my father used to work in a werewolf capture unit which was a bit more humane than hunting but still….” She shook her head glancing away and muttered under her breath, “Then again, maybe it isn’t as big of a concern in Hogsmeade, that sort of thing, since the sheer number of…” She paused figuring that it might not be good to say ‘oh by the way and I can smell a handful of werewolves all the time around here’ was probably not the best to say, no matter how not bothered Kenneth seemed to be about employing a werewolf himself. Granted he hadn’t known she was a werewolf when he hired her so she didn’t start off with that label. And, it wasn’t like Sophie had any knowledge to speak on the behalf of the other werewolves around. She never looked for them nor they her. And, she was a lone wolf so even if she was around them on days and nights not the full moon it wasn’t her place to say anything on their habits during a full moon. That was a pack worry, not hers. Though, packs did grant certain protections she supposed.

Glancing back at Kenneth who said he had to work on the shipment and asked her to open up unless she was quitting. “I… sure I’ll open up. Besides if I was going to quit without you directly asking for it or firing me I still would have to work today. I’d have to give you a two weeks’ notice or something right? I mean, I never worked for anyone but my family, but that is protocol, right?” She quickly bowed her head to Kenneth and said, “Thank-you. And so I guess what goes through your thick skull on this is you now know exactly when I need off so things are a little more flexible for you making the work schedule, right?”

Cara MiaKitty

{OoC}

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:37 pm
        User Image

𝑳 𝑬 𝑶 𝑵 𝑨 𝑹 𝑫 𝑶__𝑀 𝐴 𝐿 𝐴 𝐾__𝑨 𝑫 𝑫 𝑨 𝑹 𝑰 𝑶
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
𝓽 𝔀 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽 𝔂 𝔂 𝓮 𝓪 𝓻 𝓼 𝓸 𝓵 𝓭,__𝓱 𝓪 𝓵 𝓯 𝓫 𝓵 𝓸 𝓸 𝓭
𝓼 𝓪 𝓵 𝓮 𝓶__𝓪 𝓵 𝓾 𝓶 𝓷 𝓲,__𝓬 𝓱 𝓪 𝓶 𝓮 𝓵 𝓮 𝓸 𝓷__𝓭 𝓸 𝓻 𝓶
10" 𝓪 𝓼 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷.,__𝓮 𝓻 𝓾 𝓶 𝓹 𝓮 𝓷 𝓽__𝓱 𝓸 𝓻 𝓷,__𝓾 𝓷 𝔂 𝓲 𝓮 𝓵 𝓭 𝓲 𝓷 𝓰

Leon hadn't wanted to admit it to his sister, but being holed up in that damned house was wearing down on his sanity. He enjoyed it at first—hell, he loved it—he stayed up all night, slept all day, wandered about in the nearby forest and jogged his dog up and down the long driveway (several times a day.) It had never bothered him while he was home in Detroit, but to be fair, there wasn't very much to do. The city was still trying to drag itself out the ruins of what was a bankrupt city. It'd gotten better, sure, but there was still a few dark streets he'd never walk down alone at night...

The United Kingdom was a stark contrast to what he imagined it'd be. Driving was a hell of a lot different, too. So were the people; some were rude as a New Yorker while others were as polite as a Southern Belle. But every country's like that, now that he stops to think about it. Leon paused to stop and light a cigarette, it hung out of his mouth as he meandered down the streets of Hogsmeade. His sister had suggested it; a wizarding village seemed promising. He'd never heard of one before. In America, most wizarding shops were hidden behind shop fronts and required proper identification to even see the magical items. Throughout the day, he'd browsed through several shops, most of which he didn't even know what they were until he stepped inside. So was the case with the Magic Neep. Leon didn't know what to expect. A neep? What is a neep, anyway? Cleaning supplies? Hunting supplies?

"Seriously?" Leon exhaled with exasperation once he stepped inside, disappointed he put out his cigarette just for this. ”A grocery store?” He scoffed under his breath and shrugged his shoulders. But he figured, while he's here, he might as well get something to eat. Something sorta healthy to go along with the nicotine cocktail he just finished.

Cara MiaKitty
mc2
The Forgotten Weasley

The Beast and Harlot

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 am
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member
User Image

Sophie was at the counter flipping through the Daily Prophet half bored but paused the moment the door opened. She resisted wrinkling her nose when she could smell the cigarette he had just put out. It wasn't like she minded it-not really-but she hadn't expected the scent. One of those perks of being bitten by a werewolf-you smelled everything. Actually it was sort of useful working with food and produce, and since Kenneth had called her out on her 'condition' it wasn't like she had to hide the fact she could smell and hear better than most people. Between at home and at work-she half forgot that she did have sharper senses than most. If she had considered that fact more she might not have casually answered the man's scoff. "What were you expecting?" She said a bit perplexed and raising a brow. And she realized the man had an American accent-Yankee of some sort, not New England, maybe Midwest or something? It definitely didn't have the Southern drawl her American accent did or Kenneth's did.

"Everyone's gotta eat sometime. Even Brits have grocery stores," She shook her head and stepped around the counter and still with a raised brow, "Anyways, is there anything I can help you with, sir?"

Wearing: Jeans and a Plaid Shirt
Time of the Year: 2027

The Beast and Harlot

{OoC}

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items