Submit

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:21 am
Cloud0.0Strife
agrab0ekim
Cloud0.0Strife
agrab0ekim
Quote:
But those others are not you. Most people remember inanimate objects when they are gone but their not alive(obviously)

But see, they are me. A human is not merely flesh, a human is made up of his actions. When you say Hitler, we think Nazi, jew-killing, etc. Not a painter who lived as a gypsy was by his definition a jew and raped by two gay men on a train... No, we think of what he did, not what he was...

Inanimate objects are not remembered for long after they leave us; you break a chair, oops, go out and buy a new one...

Well I don't know what to say about the first bit but some inanimate objects may be remembered for a long time. Eg. Most stuff in museums.

it isnt the image in the museam we study, but the subject, the person, the painter... Mona lisa is or famous because of the concept behind her smile, that is it

Well I really don't know what to argue now so I'm gonna stop trying. But my views are still the same.

meanie butt... i wana argue...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:57 pm
I'm gonna have to say that I agree with agrab0ekim in that only our physical bodies are guaranteed death. After all, death is merely the name we give to the time when a person's body stops functioning and pumping blood throughout the body, among other things. If we accomplish anything noteworthy in our lives, be it positive (Ghandi) or negative (Hitler), we will become immortal. Immortality of the flesh is an impossiblity, although some people may wish to argue that. But immortality of the spirit, of the being that was represented by flesh isn't only possible, it's been achieved countless times by countless individuals with an immense variety of personalities, racial backgrounds, social upbringings... no matter who you are born to be, you can become immortal.

Death is merely an idea. An artist puts a part of his soul into his works, and so long as those works live on, so does he. And artists are not merely painters and sculptors, they are philosophers, military leaders, political leaders, men and women of peace, and many other professions. If you impact the world around you, you will not die. To your friends and family, you will always live on with them and even when they die, you might still live on generations later if you played your cards right. Yeah, you won't have a physical body or be able to create new works of art, but your words will speak to generations, your images will spark the ideas of your descendants and the descendants of others, and your actions will effect the world around you forever.  

CopycatVigilante

Hellsing89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:34 am
dementdbitch
I believe you live then die, that's it. No after life just death. It's depressing but hey, I have 80 years to life I'm guna live them to the fullest.

hey, man... I couldn't have said it better myself...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:51 am
Hellsing89
dementdbitch
I believe you live then die, that's it. No after life just death. It's depressing but hey, I have 80 years to life I'm guna live them to the fullest.

I agree, but I don't find it depressing, just the way it is. So go nuts!  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm
Dathu
Hellsing89
dementdbitch

grrr... this again... When you die only your flesh dies, but your works live on... So, in a way, you are still alive  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
Hellsing89
dementdbitch

grrr... this again... When you die only your flesh dies, but your works live on... So, in a way, you are still alive
Your works? Unless I am still experiencing life, I consider myself dead.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:38 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
Hellsing89
dementdbitch

you being an entity is yes... however, death is not preicieved by oirselves (as would be impossable to precieve ones own death) and therefore it isnt what you consider but what those alive consider  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:54 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
Hellsing89
dementdbitch

you being an entity is yes... however, death is not preicieved by oirselves (as would be impossable to precieve ones own death) and therefore it isnt what you consider but what those alive consider
You like abstract philosophy don't you? I could care less what the living consider. Death is the opposite of life. If my body no longer functions and begins to decay, then I am dead and no longer enjoying life. After that what people percieve isn't going to change anything. Unless you can show me evidance that it does. wink  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:58 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

You like abstract philosophy don't you? I could care less what the living consider. Death is the opposite of life. If my body no longer functions and begins to decay, then I am dead and no longer enjoying life. After that what people percieve isn't going to change anything. Unless you can show me evidance that it does. wink

ok, very simple... Prove to me that you are alive? You can not, you are merely what i precieve you to be...

Yes, i love abstract thought  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:09 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

ok, very simple... Prove to me that you are alive? You can not, you are merely what i precieve you to be...

*Sigh.* I am alive because a) I am responding to your question, b) I react to stimulous, c) I am capable of thought, and d) I have a desire to keep living (suicidal tendancies are considered and anomaly. I hope that's good enough for you, cause if it isn't your view of life is very...unusual.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

*Sigh.* I am alive because a) I am responding to your question, b) I react to stimulous, c) I am capable of thought, and d) I have a desire to keep living (suicidal tendancies are considered and anomaly. I hope that's good enough for you, cause if it isn't your view of life is very...unusual.

actually, my view of life is vry Decartian except i took it in a different direction then he did... One can prove, and only prove to oneself, that they exist by even contemplating said thought... however, one can not prove that anything outside of themselves exists...

I am god damnit (hehe, pun), and you are just my dream  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:16 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

actually, my view of life is vry Decartian except i took it in a different direction then he did... One can prove, and only prove to oneself, that they exist by even contemplating said thought... however, one can not prove that anything outside of themselves exists...

Haha, well this dream thinks he is as well. Therefore, the moment I stop thinking that, I am dead, and to me, nothing matters after that point.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:19 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

Haha, well this dream thinks he is as well. Therefore, the moment I stop thinking that, I am dead, and to me, nothing matters after that point.

to you yes... yet, to humanity as a whole you are still alive and mean something.... Bohr is dead, Hisenburg is dead, Szilard is dead... yet they all mean a hell of a lot to humanity  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:24 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

to you yes... yet, to humanity as a whole you are still alive and mean something.... Bohr is dead, Hisenburg is dead, Szilard is dead... yet they all mean a hell of a lot to humanity
But they're still dead. Whether you remember them or not they're still dead. I'm not saying their philosophies, achievements, or existnace is forgotten, but no amount of remembering is gunna bring them back or make them live again. That's all I'm saying.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:26 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

But they're still dead. Whether you remember them or not they're still dead. I'm not saying their philosophies, achievements, or existnace is forgotten, but no amount of remembering is gunna bring them back or make them live again. That's all I'm saying.

they will not breathe, yes, but they are still alive because there work is used... We are not just our bodies, we are our actions and our ideas,... when our ideas die, then we die  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff