Submit

Visitor Count (last time we had 25!)
  + Me!
View Results

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:01 am
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

She was busy doing a personal project of hers, actually and while she may need your help in there as well, she wanted to ask about this:
If the site used to get the magazine started isn't free anymore, are we going to pay for it in cash?
Also, wouldn't it be best to get more Manpower to help make it work?

___

Also, there's always spreading the word by Art shops and see if it helps, we could even go and see if we can spread the news outside the site, basically speaking we will have to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time, and if anyone can make youtube videos or make vids on other sites like it, now's a good time to get started.

Agreed, we will need all art shop owners involved right now.

Oh, yeah. She told me about me a biography book that she has been writing last year.

Yeah. If it becomes a paid site, we'd have to resort to a "Plan B" of sorts, y'know.
And yes, we need more people. Like I said, the more the better. Otherwise, it'll be everything for nothing.

Nights-Rune is planning on creating a video on YouTube about what's going on in Gaia nowadays. You should refer to her profile and thread.

Okay then.
Renkon Root could be interested to lend a hand if we speak with her.

I will need to figure out who may be of help to the cause, the last thing we need to worry about is All Or Nothing at the moment.

Okay, I'll go and refer to Nights-Rune in there.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 am
Javier Cross

Okay then.

I will need to figure out who may be of help to the cause, the last thing we need to worry about is All Or Nothing at the moment.

Yeah, thanks. smile

Yes, you're right. I'd be interesting if we spread this on other Gaia "clone" websites like Solia Online and Syndrone, where there is a good portion of "ex-gaians" in these sites.

You're welcome. wink  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 am
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

Okay then.

Yeah, thanks. smile

Yes, you're right. I'd be interesting if we spread this on other Gaia "clone" websites like Solia Online and Syndrone, where there is a good portion of "ex-gaians" in these sites.

You're welcome. wink

Syndrone could work, if I can get a feel for it in the next few days or so.
Just that psychologically speaking, I feel very much naked around these parts. redface  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:10 am
Javier Cross

Just that psychologically speaking, I feel very much naked around these parts. redface

Well, I felt the same as you back in 2009, but it was because I was too much shy and my English wasn't near as good as it is today.
But once I dedicated myself to "risk more" in this place, I started to gather some friends and become more "sociable". smile  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 pm
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

Well, I felt the same as you back in 2009, but it was because I was too much shy and my English wasn't near as good as it is today.
But once I dedicated myself to "risk more" in this place, I started to gather some friends and become more "sociable". smile

Were you on the run for contact to see where to go when you wanted to avoid a certain location, as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm
Javier Cross

Were you on the run for contact to see where to go when you wanted to avoid a certain location, as well?

No. Just wanting to socialize, which kinda makes me feel myself "alive" for some reason.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

No. Just wanting to socialize, which kinda makes me feel myself "alive" for some reason.

Apparently my circumstances are different from yours if I went to check out Syndrone, personally.
Either way I just hope the artists are both willing and welcoming.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm
Javier Cross

Apparently my circumstances are different from yours if I went to check out Syndrone, personally.

Oh, Syndrone ? It did not catch my attention that much. I currently have an account in Solia though.

Yeah, I hope the same. smile  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:40 pm
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

Oh, Syndrone ? It did not catch my attention that much. I currently have an account in Solia though.

Yeah, I hope the same. smile

Are you looking up potential artists as well?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm
Javier Cross

Oh, no. I created that account because in case this leadership goes "nuts" and screws up the site beyond relief, I'll have a "safe place" to stay.
Not to mention that Nemone is there.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:49 pm
CourageNFaith
Javier Cross

Oh, no. I created that account because in case this leadership goes "nuts" and screws up the site beyond relief, I'll have a "safe place" to stay.
Not to mention that Nemone is there.

Is that a Kitty in there?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:14 pm
Pwnder
Javier Cross
We are losing Role-players faster than we can recruit them for the groups, that goes double for any potential artists and triple for anyone who can take care of Meta-Plots and lore-related regards. sad

What gives about all this?

I had always thought that the role-play community were the ones least attuned to what is going on around Gaia. I suppose that was an ignorant assumption because everything Gaia does these days affects us all in its own way. I can see how easily it would be to have a few regular RPrs to quit participating and the whole community crumbles quickly after sweatdrop

Heh. I'm a roleplayer, and I'm very much attuned to what is going on at Gaia, although I rarely say anything in Guild discussions.

But I get what you are saying. And I can agree that what has been happening at Gaia has been affecting the RP community very seriously, and that actually began to happen long before Flynnflation hit us in November.

My theory is that the more energy a roleplayer invests in grubbing for cash or gold with which to buy Gaian goodies,the less creative energy that person has for creating stories and playing a part in them. I know whereof I speak, because that happened to me. I don't even want to tell you how much time I've spent in the last year obsessing over my avi's couture, and running those stupid videos for Gcash and scheming and calculating to get the most bang for my buck in the marketplace. Back at LiveJournal, I was used to posting in 8 to 15 threads every day -- but since I've been at Gaia, I've barely averaged 1 comment per day. My capacity is really tanked.

But even roleplayers who are not susceptible to voracious, compulsive consumerism are affected by the atmosphere created by the Gaian admin and their policies and practices. We are not defined as creative, energetic citizens of Gaia, but merely as consumers to be squeezed dry of our real-life cash, by any means necessary, no holds barred -- "It's all about dopamine, baby!" (As our CEO famously said, explaining how he was turning the user base into lab rats by exploiting the human brain's tendency to become addicted to rewards and prizes, and whose behavior can thereby be shaped by the experimenter who supplies these.) The constant manipulation is demoralizing and draining, even when we don't fall for it. And the lies and the condescending, patronizing, disregarding treatment are invalidating. That kind of ongoing disrespect and invalidation is a relentless social pressure to which we all respond, whether we think we are affected or not. The effect is cumulative and poisonous to the creative brain. And to any venturesome, enterprising energy, whether in roleplaying or any other type of project.

And yes, people leave to escape this.

I've thought about going somewhere else, anywhere where I can actually get some writing done! But then -- I'd miss whatever is going to happen here. It's a microcosm of what is happening in the world at large, and it seems a good place to think some ideas through.

So that may be a bit off-topic (not to mention LATE), but I thought I'd throw in my two cents' worth. biggrin  

Great Lakes haze

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35

Quadropopilous

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:31 pm
XxRawr_HugsxX

++ -Slithers on up to and entangles your body with my limbs-
emotion_kirakira
Thinking? THIIINKING of joining the magazine? I think the choice has already been made.
Why don't you come on over?

Sorry I had no responses for anything yesterday. I tried to exercise for the first time in
six years and killed myself. lol My legs... Anyway thanks for having me as your new
crew member guild. I'll be around lots and am always available for chatting. I love personal
PMs.

@ Javier
If the magazine site was no longer free (unlikely because they do have paid services
just not ones we need starting out small (or even large for that matter. We're talking
like.. big magazines actually advertising to outside sources)) it really isn't much if
you look at the prices. It'd be something I'd be willing to pay for as long as I continue
to receive articles/support/etc (Gaia Cash I would have been spending in the past).
But it isn't something to worry about at this stage

@ About Art Shops and Roleplayers
PRECISELY. I am that person. I had never before used Gaia for anything else. I have
spent the entirety of my time in Humanoid Breedables/Changing Pets shops and
the Art Shops thread giving and receiving art. And let me tell you guys.. it sucks there.
The lack of diversity is really killing it these days. There's very few humanoid b/c shops
left in retrospect to what their use to be (given humanoid b/c shops involve more
art, and more time. So their success rate was already low to begin with). And then
none of those shops can stay alive if they don't have dedicated roleplayers to stick around.
Sometimes it''ll be a good core group of 10-15 roleplayers keeping a whole guild of roleplayers
together. And as soon as one good character leaves, it screws up the whole storyline and
character interaction. Then none of those other people play anymore. And then
dominoes, baby. It can break good shops into dead. Absolute dead.

With the amount of inflation, bad art that use to be 10,000g is now 120,000-200,000g.
Holy ****. That's THE BAD ART. The good art is.. no longer possible for people who
don't pay. Which is why I'm now a freebie giver because wtf. No one can afford art
who doesn't get gold generators or spend Gaia Cash on "exclusives" to sell in the market
place. Same for a lot of the B/C shops. Custom pets, we're talking just color custom for when
flatsales aren't available, is now upwards of 300,000g? And fully custom pets I'm seeing some
at really popular B/C shops being at 600,000-750,000g. Yikes.

Nevermind the fact I don't see any of the regular artists who really use to consistently
be around Gaia anymore. Some here and there. But a lot of them have moved over to
DA permanently, or other sites like Syndrone or Enya just for purposes like that. It's really
unfortunate as we all see a lot of avatar art around Gaia. Even more sad that because a lot
of the items on Gaia are so impossible to afford, some encourage more towards
real money commissions than they do Gaia Gold anymore because of how little of
value it's becoming. Shaaame.

Anyway I'd like to advertise some roleplay groups, b/c shops, and art threads in the
magazine. So on a side note, if anyone has one of these, is a part of one, or knows
somebody, PM me and let me know. I'd love to give their shops a little love with an
article in the magazine. ++

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:53 pm
You know, up until now, I haven't had Internet at home, so I had little/ no inclination to participate in the ATGs because I either wasn't online at the appropriate times or I wouldn't be on long enough.

Now that I have Internet, I'd like to start participating, although I'll need reminders. (Maybe a PM on Mondays, I dunno. emo ) I've been reading over a couple of them, and I like the way they've been working so far. You guys have done a very good job. ^^

(I hope nobody minds me coming on to say this.)

TS Sailor Cronus

Feline Paladin

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 pm
TS Sailor Cronus
You know, up until now, I haven't had Internet at home, so I had little/ no inclination to participate in the ATGs because I either wasn't online at the appropriate times or I wouldn't be on long enough.

Now that I have Internet, I'd like to start participating, although I'll need reminders. (Maybe a PM on Mondays, I dunno. emo ) I've been reading over a couple of them, and I like the way they've been working so far. You guys have done a very good job. ^^

(I hope nobody minds me coming on to say this.)

heart  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces