16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:07 pm
Pwnder
FaithBlack
Pwnder
I'm freaking blown away by the pricing of Aquarium fish in the marketplace right now.
I wish I knew a good way for R:G to help that portion of the community out. The only thing I can think of is doing a fish drive and spamming the daily chances every day to get them.
I think they are driving up the price of fish so they can eventually sell them for GC via the Cash Shop too. burning_eyes
I wanna head them off at the pass ninja

What? I don't understand you.
All aquarium items are sold in the shops for GC. Everything on that list was in the Aquarium shop, being sold for GC at one time or another. It's on the marketplace now because people bought it for cash & are now selling it for gold.
You can't get all Aquarium fish from the Daily Chance, only certain, cheap ones, like Goldfish & Sharktooth.

There are several fish that were at one time sold in the CS either outright or in a bundle, but are now unavailable for purchase, other than the marketplace. Daily Chance doesn't give great fish but it's better than no fish. Especially when the free users can't afford 2+mil or 499gc for a single dolphin.
It's funny how the Water Meat is more expensive in gold than the Dolphin, yet it's cheaper at 250gc. stare

So I don't understand your statement of "I think they are driving up the price of fish so they can eventually sell them for GC via the Cash Shop too," if they have already/are doing that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 pm
Speaking of recolors, I'm surprised that it's been nothing but GC items and such which had said treatment. So, here's my question... Why can't they do recolors of some more of the gold shop clothing for a change and add them to the proper shops? It sure would be nice to see, along with the grab bags like in Durem Depot that one time in November last year. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm
Eh there just soo much not going on.
I have never been able to afford fish so I have never been one to have a tank.
The new MC was ok looking. Nice color.
I hate the Recolors. They need to stop.
I don't doubt the fact the gaia is on its way out.
They really need site up dates.

I congat all the ons who entered the AA I couldn't come up with an all gold avi.

I have not much else to say. This week  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 pm
Princess Zelda21
Speaking of recolors, I'm surprised that it's been nothing but GC items and such which had said treatment. So, here's my question... Why can't they do recolors of some more of the gold shop clothing for a change and add them to the proper shops? It sure would be nice to see, along with the grab bags like in Durem Depot that one time in November last year. ^_^*

Agreed. I still love that E-Corp stuff. smile  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm
CourageNFaith
Princess Zelda21

Agreed. I still love that E-Corp stuff. smile

Yeah, those were pretty cool looking items, even the armor pieces. ^_^*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:24 pm
Princess Zelda21

Yeah, they were. Not to mention that "Hellion" items.
They should invest in more GOLD recolors instead of spamming us with GC stuff.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:27 pm
FaithBlack

So I don't understand your statement of "I think they are driving up the price of fish so they can eventually sell them for GC via the Cash Shop too," if they have already/are doing that.

Maybe I said that wrong. I think they are either letting or waiting for the price of fish go up so they can eventually sell them (re-release) for GC in the Cash shop. Meaning if they ignore Booty Grab long enough fish will get more rare and more expensive in the MP. Then they can use their excuse of "rarity" drive up the GC price upon re-release.

There are fish that came in these bundles a long time ago that are no longer available. Some of the fish have drops that are needed for Alchemy components too.
These are the only fish available in Phin Phang
Players can probably try their luck by purchasing the only fish RIG available, but who knows what you get out of that.

Chances are they will completely ignore the Booty Grab community, because that is another way for users to get gold for free. We all know they want us to buy it from them instead, via generators. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:28 pm
CourageNFaith
Princess Zelda21

Oh yes, I agree! More Dark and Light Elf items in the gold shops would be nice too perhaps. Or armor variants and colors for elves. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm
Princess Zelda21
CourageNFaith
Princess Zelda21

Oh yes, I agree! More Dark and Light Elf items in the gold shops would be nice too perhaps. Or armor variants and colors for elves. ^_^*

Agreed, and...

Divinity's Reach is back!

Oh, c'mon, Gaia! emotion_facepalm lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:47 pm
Pwnder

BTW, here's an interesting thread that you should add to your list, Pwnder.

Flynn, Divinity's Reach, Santa's Sack, now coin flip?!  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:49 pm
CourageNFaith
Princess Zelda21
CourageNFaith
Princess Zelda21

Agreed, and...

Divinity's Reach is back!

Oh, c'mon, Gaia! emotion_facepalm lol

Oh good grief! Whatever happened to once is enough? I think they're wearing it out too thinly. Aye caramba! emotion_facepalm I still say put some recolors of gold shop clothing and the grab bags like before in the gold shops and I bet a lot of us would be happy campers! I know I would!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:50 pm
Also Club Verge is having some massive sale today.
This was when I dropped in early in the afternoon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pegasaurus Rex

And this was when I dropped in to look again a few minutes ago.
I thought something had changed....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plus for the first time ever, they spammed the entire community with a Club Verge announcement about it today. Usually they do these via Guild Announcements.

Maybe there is a noob behind the CV wheel stare  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:50 pm
And here's a quote from one of my friends in the same thread from SF that seems intriguing:

mayakko
Umioko
Oh gosh, I know right? This is so ridiculous now it's not even funny.
They'll do anything to make money. Even if it means destroying Gaia's economy. classified_fu

They want to destroy Gaia's economy. That's the whole point of the gold generators, to make gold worthless so we'll be forced to buy GC. My friend works in this business and she said that this is, like, exactly what they're trying to do.

Here's what she said before she quit:
Quote:
This is something that tons of web services/communites and games do. Making it virtually impossible to make any sort of meaningful progress unless you spend real money, despite having an in game currency, is nothing new. It's the nature of "freemium".

It's obvious that this is exactly what they're doing, it's nothing new and it's been done and is being done by freemium games and services as we speak. Gaia just made something that is usually slow and gradual (so that the users don't really notice, it's the so-called boiling frog syndrome) happen within a few months. They're never, ever going to come out and say it because they know what would happen if they did, but that's what they're doing. Get people hooked on your game/site/service, then make them pay money to enjoy it by gradually making the free features either disappear or be near useless.

I mean, I work in this industry, I know people who work in this industry and make a living doing exactly this. It's how the business works now and no sane company would come out in the open and say that this is what they're doing. What you will get is a lot of words about how much they care about you, the user, and how the premium features are required in order to keep your beloved site/game/service running, but that your feelings and opinions matter and they will discuss this and try to make improvements. None of it is true. They don't care at all, and as long as people are spending money they will continue to do this. You cannot stop them, and no matter how much people kick and scream in this forum or elsewhere, nothing will change. You are powerless.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 pm
CourageNFaith
Pwnder

BTW, here's an interesting thread that you should add to your list, Pwnder.

Flynn, Divinity's Reach, Santa's Sack, now coin flip?!

you are such a great help emotion_hug  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:52 pm
I feel like people aren't excited for the new gold generators as much...
The Coin Flip announcement said that they "weren't going to push it" since they didn't want to get caught but news flash, 3 announcements? Mhm. Definitely keeping a low profile.

But seeing the CrossStich announcement made things a bit better for me- at least Gaia still acknowledges that contest.

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff