• Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am
Vikki Stardust
merydell
Vikki Stardust
merydell
Vikki Stardust
Do you has codex? That should tell who can and can't wear it. ninja

no i do not own a code..partly because i'm still undecided about which marine codex i should use.. sweatdrop
Ahhhh, well if you're going with vanilla, then a captain, chapter master, chaplain and librarian may all wear terminator armour, dunno about the rest.

ah ok, dammit..now i need to look into that before maing my HQ sweatdrop

anyone else who has a codex that can help me out?
You could always go to your local GW store, just be sure to keep your wallet hidden away. xp

hm, yeah perhaps..wallet will be staying home in that case...cause i always keep biuying stuff when i visit sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:49 am
merydell
Vikki Stardust
merydell
Vikki Stardust
merydell
Vikki Stardust
Do you has codex? That should tell who can and can't wear it. ninja

no i do not own a code..partly because i'm still undecided about which marine codex i should use.. sweatdrop
Ahhhh, well if you're going with vanilla, then a captain, chapter master, chaplain and librarian may all wear terminator armour, dunno about the rest.

ah ok, dammit..now i need to look into that before maing my HQ sweatdrop

anyone else who has a codex that can help me out?
You could always go to your local GW store, just be sure to keep your wallet hidden away. xp

hm, yeah perhaps..wallet will be staying home in that case...cause i always keep biuying stuff when i visit sweatdrop
Store staff can also be pushy! sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:02 am
Space Marines is already mentioned, all the big HQ choices can have terminator armour. Special mention should be made of the captain, he is a separate option in the codex, you have a regular one with power armour and another entry specifically with terminator armour for some reason. Probably has something to do with wargear.

Dark Angels allows for the Company Master, Interrogator-Chaplain and Librarian to purchase terminator armour.

Space Wolves has the Wolf Lord, Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Rune Priest and Wolf Priest who can buy it.

Can't say about Blood Angels, totes not my army, but I think more or less the same really.

edit.

If new to the game though, it might be best to stick with the regular Codex: Space Marines for now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 am
Vikki Stardust
Store staff can also be pushy! sweatdrop
Never seemed to deter you from leaving them crying for their mothers. wink  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 am
hm ok, so if would make a ultra succesor chapter and choose calgar,
what kind of units can i put in his retinue or attach him too?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 am
merydell
Calgar is a chapter master, so he can only take a unit of Honour Guard as his personal retinue, which can be seen as an expensive unit of power weapon toting veterans who can swap their power weapons for slightly better ones. Also, Calgar in terminator armour can only be purchased in a boxed set containing said unit, complete with unit champion and Ancient with Chapter standard.

It might be best to n** by a GW store or FLGS for the skinny on the codex as a whole though. GW stores, despite thriving on sales, are usually more than happy to help out with these sort of things, just tell them what you have and what you want. However, if this is just for the sake of collecting and not gaming, just go with whatever you like.

edit.

Judging from the Dutch on your profile, I have to ask, do you live near Utrecht? If so, there are quite a few good hobby stores around there you can visit instead of a GW store. pirate  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:51 am
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Calgar is a chapter master, so he can only take a unit of Honour Guard as his personal retinue, which can be seen as an expensive unit of power weapon toting veterans who can swap their power weapons for slightly better ones. Also, Calgar in terminator armour can only be purchased in a boxed set containing said unit, complete with unit champion and Ancient with Chapter standard.

It might be best to n** by a GW store or FLGS for the skinny on the codex as a whole though. GW stores, despite thriving on sales, are usually more than happy to help out with these sort of things, just tell them what you have and what you want. However, if this is just for the sake of collecting and not gaming, just go with whatever you like.

edit.

Judging from the Dutch on your profile, I have to ask, do you live near Utrecht? If so, there are quite a few good hobby stores around there you can visit instead of a GW store. pirate

yeah i know..sadly utrecht is stsill a few hours by train, perhaps i'll check at the gamestore near here.
personally and fluffwise i'd like to have an terminator armour HQ  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 am
merydell
yeah i know..sadly utrecht is stsill a few hours by train, perhaps i'll check at the gamestore near here.
You can always check the store finder on the GW site or this one on Dakka Dakka.

If going for a terminator command squad, either go with a captain in terminator armour, who can then take a terminator command squad, a Dark Angel Deathwing command squad (Which has access to apothecaries and other command squad choices) or just take a HQ model in terminator armour and attach it to a regular terminator squad.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:38 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
You can always check the store finder on the GW site or this one on Dakka Dakka.

If going for a terminator command squad, either go with a captain in terminator armour, who can then take a terminator command squad, a Dark Angel Deathwing command squad (Which has access to apothecaries and other command squad choices) or just take a HQ model in terminator armour and attach it to a regular terminator squad.

dark angel command squad looks nice and stuff..but i've heard they're not that good an army ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:54 pm
merydell
dark angel command squad looks nice and stuff..but i've heard they're not that good an army ninja
Dark Angels work best when using the Ravenwing list, the rest can be done much better with the vanilla codex in all honesty.

The vanilla codex is the most solid book out there at the moment, as it is beginner friendly, can take a lot of punishment and still work, plus the chapter tactics allow for a nice and simple degree of customisation.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Dark Angels work best when using the Ravenwing list, the rest can be done much better with the vanilla codex in all honesty.

The vanilla codex is the most solid book out there at the moment, as it is beginner friendly, can take a lot of punishment and still work, plus the chapter tactics allow for a nice and simple degree of customisation.

isn't ravenwing the bike squad...i'm not really into bikes sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

Indeed they are. You might be better off sticking to the regular space marine codex for the time being. 3nodding  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:07 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

Indeed they are. You might be better off sticking to the regular space marine codex for the time being. 3nodding

oh well..a termy captain with some fluffed termies it is ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:09 pm
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

That's 320 pts. for a captain and a terminator squad of your choice, whether it is ranged or melee oriented.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:11 pm
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell
Lt. Brookman
merydell

That's 320 pts. for a captain and a terminator squad of your choice, whether it is ranged or melee oriented.

320..that's quite a lot sweatdrop  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces