Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
We want to hear your voices! Give us ideas to move forward! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Accalia Darkstorm

Witty Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:33 pm
we can enter in the arena as a group of pirates (useing gold only items from Barton Boutique) and call for a mutiny of Captain Flynn due to her selling out for gaia cash.

other than that i have no ideas, they really have limited what you can say- as soon as you complain your thread gets removed and to avoid personal contact they got rid of ata so really its not looking good  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm
1) everyone in the community needs to quit bickering and come together to find a solution,
2)Gaia needs to respond to user feedback before anything gets accomplished, There are many unanswered questions and the community feels left in the dark. ATA Gone and the Gaia blog only gets updated every other month.
3) I propose weekly item releases in place of Flash Sales.... It gives people time to get the items they want. Creates a structured schedule for item releases. Expected results will help restore trust and faith.
If they did one luxury item, one affordable item, a resale or recolor, that would have enough variety and time. In a similar fashion to MC's and Chance. It sounds like a win win to me... Gaia gets their sales income, we are no longer bothered by annoying unexpected flash sales shoved in our face.  

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:38 pm
I am not entirely sure how we will make gaia listen to us. Or how we will change the actions of gaia would probably be more correct to say. They have already heard and replied to us (not this guild specifically, I am referring to their post/ announcement about flynns booty and the many petitions/ threads against it) and they have chosen to simply ignore us, though they did explain why and in their eyes it was the most beneficial way to go.
So perhaps what we need to do is not just see the problem and how to solve the problem for us (as users), but to find a way to replace all the money they make on FB/C and cash shop items in general. But not only must our idea replace that income, but also do it in a way that is beneficial for the whole community too and not only to the staff/ gaia as a busniess. And then we need them to hear us again, and just maybe they will consider our idea. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try at least.
Ah, but this is only what I think might help for us to be listened to, I am not saying it will work or that anyone else is wrong or anything... =u=

The short version: We need to come up with an idea which will make both us as users happy and gaia happy. They will not discard their income for us as users to be happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:42 pm
Digital Art
:/ The thing is, millions are on Gaia.

Millions.

How the hell are we supposed to change anything, if there are only a little over 1000??!?

Im not trying to be a pessimist, but I'm being realistic here.

There are only millions of user accounts some old and abandoned or banned. 7 of them are my active mules xp
How many do you have, and how many do other members have? That would account for a decent 10% being mules. I wouldn't be surprised if another 30% just haven't logged on in months or years.
There is an average of 17,000 members online a day. I'm sure that about 30% of them don't even bother with forums and just play games, another 30% probably don't care what is going on or haven't had a reason to bother with it or haven't found a voice yet. 1% probably staff I'm just guestimating and I have no proof of these numbers, but at the very least those are things to consider when looking at the numbers. R:G is at almost 10% of the daily average online users. I think that is dang awesome. 3nodding

If all of those users did one thing to participate in their protest then we can get noticed.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Digital Art

Lonely Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:43 pm
I guess you're right...

sigh..

I'm just annoyed that a mod hasn't even bothered to comment on our cause, thats all.
Pwnder
Digital Art

Millions.

How the hell are we supposed to change anything, if there are only a little over 1000??!?

There are only millions of user accounts some old and abandoned or banned. 7 of them are my active mules xp
How many do you have, and how many do other members have? That would account for a decent 10% being mules. I wouldn't be surprised if another 30% just haven't logged on in months or years.
There is an average of 17,000 members online a day. I'm sure that about 30% of them don't even bother with forums and just play games, another 30% probably don't care what is going on or haven't had a reason to bother with it or haven't found a voice yet. 1% probably staff I'm just guestimating and I have no proof of these numbers, but at the very least those are things to consider when looking at the numbers. R:G is at almost 10% of the daily average online users. I think that is dang awesome. 3nodding

If all of those users did one thing to participate in their protest then we can get noticed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 pm
dark pillow
I am not entirely sure how we will make gaia listen to us. Or how we will change the actions of gaia would probably be more correct to say. They have already heard and replied to us (not this guild specifically, I am referring to their post/ announcement about flynns booty and the many petitions/ threads against it) and they have chosen to simply ignore us, though they did explain why and in their eyes it was the most beneficial way to go.
So perhaps what we need to do is not just see the problem and how to solve the problem for us (as users), but to find a way to replace all the money they make on FB/C and cash shop items in general. But not only must our idea replace that income, but also do it in a way that is beneficial for the whole community too and not only to the staff/ gaia as a busniess. And then we need them to hear us again, and just maybe they will consider our idea. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try at least.
Ah, but this is only what I think might help for us to be listened to, I am not saying it will work or that anyone else is wrong or anything... =u=

The short version: We need to come up with an idea which will make both us as users happy and gaia happy. They will not discard their income for us as users to be happy.

I've heard alot of people say starting up a "kickstarter" like fund for features would probably help. I would do it. If it were for the inventory arranger specifically I would donate without even worrying about a stupid item. That is just an example. A donation fund for zOMG, or guild updates ect ect are things that people feel more comfortable with handing their money over for these days. Plus we could individually donate amounts we are comfortable with. Who knows if that would work but it could be a viable suggestion. sweatdrop  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm
Digital Art
I guess you're right...

sigh..

I'm just annoyed that a mod hasn't even bothered to comment on our cause, thats all.
Pwnder
Digital Art

Millions.

Pshh...What is a mod going to do though stare

It would be totally different if Lanzer busted in here saying. Okay! I'm on your side now razz

I'm being stupid xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm
Kelso The Great
1) everyone in the community needs to quit bickering and come together to find a solution,
2)Gaia needs to respond to user feedback before anything gets accomplished, There are many unanswered questions and the community feels left in the dark. ATA Gone and the Gaia blog only gets updated every other month.
3) I propose weekly item releases in place of Flash Sales.... It gives people time to get the items they want. Creates a structured schedule for item releases. Expected results will help restore trust and faith.
If they did one luxury item, one affordable item, a resale or recolor, that would have enough variety and time. In a similar fashion to MC's and Chance. It sounds like a win win to me... Gaia gets their sales income, we are no longer bothered by annoying unexpected flash sales shoved in our face.

A decent sale structure....
This could work. Users would have enough time to decide on what they want to buy and when? The constant random sales out of the blue are really stressing people out. If we knew that the Halo was going to be up for sale on Dec # (with limited quantity of course) it might seem less in-your-face  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:55 pm
Pwnder
dark pillow

I've heard alot of people say starting up a "kickstarter" like fund for features would probably help. I would do it. If it were for the inventory arranger specifically I would donate without even worrying about a stupid item. That is just an example. A donation fund for zOMG, or guild updates ect ect are things that people feel more comfortable with handing their money over for these days. Plus we could individually donate amounts we are comfortable with. Who knows if that would work but it could be a viable suggestion. sweatdrop

Perhaps it would indeed help, however... I think alot of people (me included) are wondering what they are using all the money they currently make with their daily cash shop updates and whatnot. Obviously I don't know how much they have or how much it would cost to update any of the features you mentioned, but if they make a kickstarter now it's like a rich person begging for money because they don't want to use their own money... :I If they updated at least one of the things you mentioned then maybe I could feel assured that even though they are taking alot of money they are actually putting it back into gaia... And then perhaps I would donate to them if they had a kickstarter because then I would know that they actually don't have enough money to do it without our help.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:59 pm
AHAH! Wouldn't that be nice,

n_n
Pwnder
Digital Art
I guess you're right...

sigh..

Pwnder
Digital Art

Millions.

Pshh...What is a mod going to do though stare

It would be totally different if Lanzer busted in here saying. Okay! I'm on your side now razz

I'm being stupid xp

Digital Art

Lonely Friend

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:00 pm
Pwnder

Thank you! They way I see it is Gaia is not giving their member base enough time to actually get the cash they are asking for. As far as I know, people get paid once a week or every two weeks... give the folks some time to get more money before you are shoving another sale down their throats...
Like there is no way anyone could afford to buy something every time they have a sale... "Oh I just spent $50 two days ago... I cannot afford $100 in pixels a week..." I don't even eat that much in a week...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:08 pm
Kelso The Great
Pwnder

Thank you! They way I see it is Gaia is not giving their member base enough time to actually get the cash they are asking for. As far as I know, people get paid once a week or every two weeks... give the folks some time to get more money before you are shoving another sale down their throats...
Like there is no way anyone could afford to buy something every time they have a sale... "Oh I just spent $50 two days ago... I cannot afford $100 in pixels a week..." I don't even eat that much in a week...

I think that most people agree with that, heck even the members of Club Verge from what I read in the guild sweatdrop
I'm really confused as to why any of their prices are over $50 (I'll stretch it and go $100) The majority of users only spend an average of $30 a month on the site anyway. It makes no sense.

dark pillow

Perhaps it would indeed help, however... I think alot of people (me included) are wondering what they are using all the money they currently make with their daily cash shop updates and whatnot. Obviously I don't know how much they have or how much it would cost to update any of the features you mentioned, but if they make a kickstarter now it's like a rich person begging for money because they don't want to use their own money... :I If they updated at least one of the things you mentioned then maybe I could feel assured that even though they are taking alot of money they are actually putting it back into gaia... And then perhaps I would donate to them if they had a kickstarter because then I would know that they actually don't have enough money to do it without our help.

You have a grand point there. I think that a large portion of the community would relax just a bit if they were given some proof of how they are using our money and give us a feature that we have been asking for. The inventory arranger is one, but push back after push back is not helping the situation, not to mention they are going to monetize it. People are screaming for guild and zOMG updates, but all we get is Alchemy modifications, silly mini games, a slightly screwed up Battle system and fixes for stupid little things

I'm totally being to negative here sweatdrop  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Moonlight Rose JoJo

Friendly Conversationalist

16,750 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:11 pm
I really think the avatars in the arena helped a lot :3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm
Moonlight Rose113
I really think the avatars in the arena helped a lot :3

Accalia Darkstorm
we can enter in the arena as a group of pirates (useing gold only items from Barton Boutique) and call for a mutiny of Captain Flynn due to her selling out for gaia cash.

other than that i have no ideas, they really have limited what you can say- as soon as you complain your thread gets removed and to avoid personal contact they got rid of ata so really its not looking good

I'm really glad you feel that way. I had a lot of fun while I entered my avi in the arenas. Revolution:Gaia had an amazing first two rounds with getting 5 in the top 10 the first week and 3 in the top 10 the next week. We started to see some user participation decline in it, but we were meeting with some nasty feed back in our comments, so it was a bit discouraging and we decided to re-evaluate the idea behind it. We will most certainly start up with it again after the holidays are over and I'm thinking that gold only based items can do the trick. I'm still not sure if disabling comments is what I want to do though. I can handle the criticism but I really like hearing from others that approve heart
It really is a decent way to be seen  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 pm
Pwnder

You have a grand point there. I think that a large portion of the community would relax just a bit if they were given some proof of how they are using our money and give us a feature that we have been asking for. The inventory arranger is one, but push back after push back is not helping the situation, not to mention they are going to monetize it. People are screaming for guild and zOMG updates, but all we get is Alchemy modifications, silly mini games, a slightly screwed up Battle system and fixes for stupid little things

I'm totally being to negative here sweatdrop

Well, I think I could forgive them for collecting so much money if I saw what they used it for too. Now I just feel like they are kinda being greedy... :I I think I am not alone about this. So if gaia showed us that they actually spend money on this site too and not just earn from it then perhaps there is no problem about new items in the cash shop (almost) every day? Then we could view our cash shop buys more as donations to the site and developing it and the pixel item is just a nice bonus and a way for gaia to say thanks for the donation. I saw another suggestion earlier about having scheduled flash sales and having differently priced items in each one... That way we as users would also get to choose how much we'd like to donate. Hm... So I guess what I am basically saying is that gaia should go back to viewing our purchases of pixel items as donations to the site.
And yes, I agree with you... The latest updates we have had haven't been that big and I honestly don't believe that is all they could afford... I can imagine they earn alot more now than they did when they made zomg, so in fact we should expect something at least as good as that. :I
I haven't heard about this monetizing (had to look the word up xD ) thing with the inventory updates even though I feel that I can remember they mentioning planning an update soon... How would they even do that? Earn money on updating the inventory... Are they going to make us pay for the updated version or what?  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff