Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
What was your "n00b" avatar on Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When did you join Gaia?
  2012+
View Results

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 am
Kangit
I joined in 2007, and at first, I usually looked something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Soon after I joined (about a couple of weeks later), they came out with the Grunny. Even though there were a few Were-Items before the Grunny, this was the first one I knew existed. I got one as a present, and it was a lot more fun than the human avatars. Then I started hunting all the Were-Items down, making lists of them. cat_razz

Cute! Gaia sure has come a long way with their animal items.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:19 am
Crytuf

That's some pretty cool stuff, there. I remember I wanted that G-Blade so bad!
XD The first avatar, though. Those prison clothes! I thought they were so cool. Now that I look at them again, they don't even fit the avatar right. xp  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 am
Madame Xiva
Oooooh fun! I love reading threads like this!

I have a few of my original avis...it's like looking at old junior high photos. LOL

My first gift on Gaia was an Easter Bunny shirt that I wore ALL the time. I still have that shirt. heart I remember questing like crazy to get Kaya the Cat along the way, and I nearly snapped my wrist shaking trees for gold to get him.

Another big achievement was getting the Barton Water Festival shirt. :memories:

The Elegant Items and Hermes Moon (umpteenth generation since it was still evolving) were massive quests for me, and I was so proud to parade around in Rally with my gigantic poofy dress. LOL

XD The EB shirt! Oh man, I remember questing for Kaya too. I loved that thing. I also loved my Aekea shirt. I've been with Aekea ever since. <3

Haha, I can just see you prancing around in that big dress.

It's funny how we all thought our avatars were so cool. I guess we've all grown up quite a bit. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 am
xena91388
My first avatar:
I kid you not, I wore this proudly for quite a while.

My first Dream Avatar:

Those peasant clothes were seriously great. Seems like everyone wore them at least once.

Did you ever finish that dream avatar? Whenever I saw someone wearing that bao I thought they were super rich!  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am
Hawkeyesgun
I honestly remember thinking I was the bees knees when I looked like this. It was the first avi I was proud of, and I still dress like this now. Haha.

I kid you not, this was rejected olympics 2012 me. Because I always want to look like me (except Halloween).

<3 Those emo glasses.

I used to be the same, dressing up as how I normally dress irl. Then all those cool hair items came out and I stopped. XD
That's a cool Durem Outfit, though. I'm pretty sure I looked almost exactly like that, just Aekea version.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Hey! I've been really nostalgic these past few days and it got me thinking about when I first joined Gaia.
I joined in 2007 because two of my friends recommended it. I'm so glad I tried it out! Anyway, this was my n00b outfit.
My friend gifted me the Water Meat and I fell in love. XD
Look at those rags! Man, I thought I was the cat's pajamas.
After a while, I got some money and invested in this beauty:

I was really feelin' good about myself. Then I went on a quest for the pixie. Ooooh yeah.
I scrimped and saved and finally got it for 30k. I was rich!
I also started playing the MP a bit and saved up a little extra to make this:
And I stayed with that avatar for a loooong time. Ah, the good ol' days...

What about you? Do you remember your first avatar?

LOL...I SO remember watermeat. It was like a meat club or something. LOLOL. I had one for a time, but it was so bulky that I couldn't prance around like I needed to in my poofy dress. cat_rofl

I had Pora for a time as well, and I remember thinking how expensive they were! Also, the Winter Fox Mink. I used to admire anyone that had one thinking they were uber-loaded!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Hawkeyesgun
I honestly remember thinking I was the bees knees when I looked like this. It was the first avi I was proud of, and I still dress like this now. Haha.

I kid you not, this was rejected olympics 2012 me. Because I always want to look like me (except Halloween).

<3 Those emo glasses.

I used to be the same, dressing up as how I normally dress irl. Then all those cool hair items came out and I stopped. XD
That's a cool Durem Outfit, though. I'm pretty sure I looked almost exactly like that, just Aekea version.

Most of the time, I look just like me. It has always been my ultimate goal. I think it is so cool that when people do avi art, it looks like me! It's like all of these little versions of me. Except for HALLOWEEN! I LOOOOOOOVE HALLOWEEN! I am like a killer or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am
xx I met my fate xx

WOW. That's a lot of avatars! I wish I had saved a bunch of mine, but I didn't even think about it. I just made them all again by memory. xp  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 am
Hawkeyesgun
Pegasaurus Rex
Hawkeyesgun

<3 Those emo glasses.

Most of the time, I look just like me. It has always been my ultimate goal. I think it is so cool that when people do avi art, it looks like me! It's like all of these little versions of me. Except for HALLOWEEN! I LOOOOOOOVE HALLOWEEN! I am like a killer or something.

Yeah, I can see how cool that would be. I've hardly got any art, but I like having different avatars. I don't know. Since I have so many items, I like seeing how many different avatars I can make.
Haha, Halloween is the best! I really like your current avatar.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:46 am
Madame Xiva

LOL...I SO remember watermeat. It was like a meat club or something. LOLOL. I had one for a time, but it was so bulky that I couldn't prance around like I needed to in my poofy dress. cat_rofl

I had Pora for a time as well, and I remember thinking how expensive they were! Also, the Winter Fox Mink. I used to admire anyone that had one thinking they were uber-loaded!!

Haha, I used to wear three of them at once! It was a bit ridiculous.
I thought the Pora Ice was so cute. Then I got one and realized I couldn't use it very much. : /
But when Fausto's Bottle came out... MAN. That was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I wanted one soooooo bad! I used to wear that aaaaall the time.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 am
Oh God lemme try to find my old ones...

I remember having that as my first newb avi. I was so poorly coordinated.

When I actually first learned I could match.

This was my permanent avi for two years straight and now I change mine almost daily. Oh the old days....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:00 am
Mine was terrible XD

When the H2k8 event happened, with the 4-way battle, I became a Dark Elf. Then when they released the purple variation, I took that
Used to be nothing but purple and event items. If you pay attention, you'll notice that I have many more colors now ou o

My alt, I opened a giftbox on Kit and got Cecilia's Circlet, which formed the basis of her original outfit

Then she got this

And has since evolved into a Japanese/ninja theme. Traditional, for now. Adding modern later. She still has her original outfit, but only the kimono dress of the second  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:08 am
Hawkeyesgun
Pegasaurus Rex
Hawkeyesgun

<3 Those emo glasses.

I get it on occasion. But I have had a mule pm me an anon avi art for the RO2012. That was the best year. Hahaha. I love the pants I own. They look great with everything. I also only dress my avi how I would dress. I am questing one item, and after that I have everything I have ever wanted.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:12 am
Hmm, well, this would be my rookie avi, I guess. I remember it felt like it took me forever to get all the right items just to look like Princess Zelda. Kind of a rough draft before I finally found all the right items later on. ^_^*

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:43 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Madame Xiva

Haha, I used to wear three of them at once! It was a bit ridiculous.
I thought the Pora Ice was so cute. Then I got one and realized I couldn't use it very much. : /
But when Fausto's Bottle came out... MAN. That was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I wanted one soooooo bad! I used to wear that aaaaall the time.

OMGosh! I was the same way with Hermes Moon! I had a fascination with "busy" avis or something. The more gold I got, the more I just HAD to have. Fausto was one of my faves too. I remember the scandal on its final evolution and everyone was so mad that Gaia ended up adding a TON of new poses.

I think my all-time favorite item that took me FOREVER to get was Biancamella. :swoon:  
💇💅Avatar Talk!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff