Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 pm
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai
It seemed so disingenuous. Just a rehash of the earlier company statement. Makes me wonder if Lanzer actually wrote that up himself. It seems like Gaia is just trying to use Lanzer's name as a way to placate the masses.

Both Lanzer's announcement and the company announcement seem to be missing the point anyways. They're so focused in on telling everyone that Gaia is a company and it needs money to run, but I'm pretty sure people know that. That's not the problem. They completely ignore most of the major complaints. Where's the part addressing the concerns about Flynnflation, where's the part about neglected and shut-down non-cash features while cash features move forward rapidly, where's the part about the aggressive nature of the advertising for the cash push? It's not there. Because these announcements were nothing more than a ploy to pacify the users so they'll go back to or continue to spend money on Gaia.

they're trying to dodge the actual problem and look like we are cash cows

Yeah, it's pretty clear that they keep skirting around the actual concerns and giving us the same old platitudes. It seems that they think if they repeat them enough people will shut up and go back to giving them oodles of money.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 pm
Anja Sedai
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai
It seemed so disingenuous. Just a rehash of the earlier company statement. Makes me wonder if Lanzer actually wrote that up himself. It seems like Gaia is just trying to use Lanzer's name as a way to placate the masses.

Both Lanzer's announcement and the company announcement seem to be missing the point anyways. They're so focused in on telling everyone that Gaia is a company and it needs money to run, but I'm pretty sure people know that. That's not the problem. They completely ignore most of the major complaints. Where's the part addressing the concerns about Flynnflation, where's the part about neglected and shut-down non-cash features while cash features move forward rapidly, where's the part about the aggressive nature of the advertising for the cash push? It's not there. Because these announcements were nothing more than a ploy to pacify the users so they'll go back to or continue to spend money on Gaia.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that they keep skirting around the actual concerns and giving us the same old platitudes. It seems that they think if they repeat them enough people will shut up and go back to giving them oodles of money.

that's not the issue though haven't you notice that the announcements were a sign that they heard us? We are intimidating them that's the reason why they put that they don't care is basically a big bluff. Trust me we struck a chord even the fact people are getting banned for mentioning the CEO is another sign of proof of this theory. Three of my greatest friends posted off-site out rage telling everyone not to come here not only were they banned the thread and links went poof as well. Think about it.  

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:47 pm
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai

that's not the issue though haven't you notice that the announcements were a sign that they heard us? We are intimidating them that's the reason why they put that they don't care is basically a big bluff. Trust me we struck a chord even the fact people are getting banned for mentioning the CEO is another sign of proof of this theory. Three of my greatest friends posted off-site out rage telling everyone not to come here not only were they banned the thread and links went poof as well. Think about it.

If their intent is to bluff, they're doing a poor job at it. I can't believe that they didn't think there would be some massive backlash to their little censoring rampage. That's not something that a site that's doing fine needs to do, and it's definitely not something that's going to create happy feelings. It seemed like a hissyfit move by the CEO/COO who want to keep their professional reps clean if someone Googles them.

It seems to me like they're floundering. They refuse to switch course but are trying to find some way to not crash.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:50 pm
Anja Sedai
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai
light_dark_luna42
Anja Sedai

If their intent is to bluff, they're doing a poor job at it. I can't believe that they didn't think there would be some massive backlash to their little censoring rampage. That's not something that a site that's doing fine needs to do, and it's definitely not something that's going to create happy feelings. It seemed like a hissyfit move by the CEO/COO who want to keep their professional reps clean if someone Googles them.

It seems to me like they're floundering. They refuse to switch course but are trying to find some way to not crash.

just found a picture of sego wana draw horns and write gaia killer >.>  

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Berenich Machavian

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 pm
It would appear someone believes that the GC users blow enough per month that they can alienate the large majority of their userbase. This is either the last act of a desperate man or a slap in the face to the community with proof that they can make enough to run the company without it. Either way it's dealt a major blow to the loyalists. I just hope that somewhere deep down inside there's a ladder so we can climb out of this again.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 am
Berenich Machavian
It would appear someone believes that the GC users blow enough per month that they can alienate the large majority of their userbase. This is either the last act of a desperate man or a slap in the face to the community with proof that they can make enough to run the company without it. Either way it's dealt a major blow to the loyalists. I just hope that somewhere deep down inside there's a ladder so we can climb out of this again.

i though this was interesting thought it would interest you as well if not then meh
gaia stock
Glassdoor reviews  

Useless_ Keyblader

Generous Noob

7,675 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100

Berenich Machavian

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 am
light_dark_luna42
Berenich Machavian

i though this was interesting thought it would interest you as well if not then meh
gaia stock
Glassdoor reviews

Yeah, coming from a professional retail and recruiting background I know exactly how useless the Glassdoor review is here. I believe that almost none of the reviews are from actual employees, and some may not even be real people. I take every review I see here with a grain of salt.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 am
light_dark_luna42

just found a picture of sego wana draw horns and write gaia killer >.>

But Sego isn't CEO...
We aren't allowed to say his name anymore...
but I had the great idea to give him a Widow's peak and Fangs...
Because he is sucking the life out of this community...  

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Kelso The Great

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 am
light_dark_luna42

Sorry honey, but checking that Link I am very sure that it is a company that sells yoga mats and exercise equipment...
I have one.
Just tale a look at the headlines below.
I really doubt they're selling stock for this site on Wallstreet right now...
We are the real investors...
and they have greatly upset us.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:56 am
They used to have more outside company advertising partnerships to bring in money, this was while Lanzer was still more active. He should try to push them back in that direction. I would love to put up with a bazillion sponsors if it means no popups and overfocus on la victoire.  

mechromancy

Virtuous Visionary

10,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Starshine

Destructive Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:24 am
Guys... Lanzer is not articulate, makes spelling errors, grammar errors and sentence structure errors.

You think he could have wrote something like that?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:02 am
Quote:

Hurrr hurrr, let me make these two announcements! You see, they acknowledge the fact that you're upset and make you think that we're open to improving, but what we hope you don't notice is the fact that we don't actually address any of the core problems!

What, you guys are bitching about being treated like ATMs? Well, let me POINT OUT THE FACT that money is necessary to run a business! What? That's not the point? WELL DON'T YOU KNOW THAT MONEY IS REQUIRED TO RUN A BUSINESS?? Don't tell me that I'm missing the point again. We already covered that. And I told you MONEY IS REQUIRED TO RUN A BUSINESS. LALALALA. Can't hear you!

In other words, those announcements were insulting to the intelligence of the userbase. It was a less-than-subtle dodge. It will, I think, raise more hell than it will placate.  

BPM626

Dapper Lunatic

Muste01

Dapper Zapper

19,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 am
The loyalty program could've been elaborted... I wanna know if it's based on seriority or money...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 am
The message disgusted me, I hope it's someone using Lanzer's account and he's gone now... because that is not the man who founded Gaia.

Side note: Watch the Loyalty shop require you to buy $100 worth of a gaia cash in a year, yeah it's all gold.. but you have to spend cash to even see it.. so get mooing.  

Pyres

Enduring Shapeshifter

📌Important Information & References

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas