Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Good Mainstream Emo Bands Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you consider Panic! at the Disco, emo?
  Yes
  No
  No idea
  couldn't give a rats a**
View Results

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:37 am
finding emotive
MasterPwnz0rNikki
Looks like the Emo Guild has 'emo music' problems to deal with.

To get into this guild, there was a list of music that you needed to say.
Mainstream-wise, those are considered emo.

However, the true display of it has completely changed thanks to idiot fan girls/boys who have found a new reason to own razors and die their hair black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_(music)

A link to the description of emo music. Let me just c/p some stuff here:

Emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Since its inception, emo has come to describe several independent variations, linked loosely but with common ancestry. As such, use of the term (and which musicians should be so classified) has been the subject of much debate.

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe the music of the mid-1980s DC scene and its associated bands. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and literally emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party and slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the more mainstream style, creating a style of music that has now earned the moniker emo within popular culture. Whereas, even in the past, the term emo was used to identify a wide variety of bands, the breadth of bands listed under today's emo is even more vast, leaving the term "emo" as more of a loose identifier than as a specific genre of music.

No real definition? It's hard to say. ;]

Basicly Emo is emotional hardcore punk from the 80's DC scene, with Rites of Spring given most credit for being the first emo band.

Don't forget the other bands from the DC area, like Hoover, Indian Summer, Still Life etc. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:32 am
EMO ON MAINSTREAM STANDARDS-
Fall Out Boy
Armor For Sleep
The Audition[[check them outtttttt]]
Saosin
As I Lay Dying
Underoath
From First To LAst
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Chiodos  

Fall out boy devoted

ghostbuster777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:27 pm
Chazzzzz
MinaTheRomanticNeko

-The Used
-My Chemical Romance
-Hawthorne Heights
-Taking Back Sunday
-Under Oath
-Armor For Sleep. (Unfortunatly, they are mainstream now.)

A very good list.
yeah except my chemical romance is NOT emo...and to.... Fall out boy devoted
fall out boy isnt ******** emo, SKSK is like my favorite band...not really mainstream...yet anyway  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games