Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
What items would you like to wear to show support? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this idea?
  Yes
  No
  I think a different idea would be more effective.
View Results

GC Revolt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:46 pm
I really like all these ideas! I agree that wearing more than one item would get the message across faster, and I think people who want to should.
I don't want to restrict people to a certain style.
Does anyone know if the SF Badge will layer with the Wing Pin? Will either of those show while wearing the 9th Anniversary scarf?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 pm
GC Revolt
I really like all these ideas! I agree that wearing more than one item would get the message across faster, and I think people who want to should.
I don't want to restrict people to a certain style.
Does anyone know if the SF Badge will layer with the Wing Pin? Will either of those show while wearing the 9th Anniversary scarf?

I'm pretty sure none of them would layer and if they did, they wouldn't layer well. I kind of like the new shirt you're sporting. Classic Gaia.

I also think the Save our Shops picket sign would be a nice touch.
Maybe we should just have a few items to choose from so each person can pick what suits them best?

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Apollos Liar

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:41 am
eclaire5
Apollos Liar
What better items than the G Pin or Wing Pin? We're essentially saying that the amount of cash being pushed distracts from the community and changes the site we love into something we're starting to resent, right? The G and the wing are two symbols tied strongly to the site, so by wearing them we would be supporting the site we love, not the suffocating cash pushes that we keep seeing. They're in a good price range (G is expensive, hence the option of wing) and they're simple enough to wear with almost anything.

Along this line, what about the Gaia anniversary scarf? It was free if you were on Gaia for the 9th anniversary but if you have to buy it in the MP, its 2-3k. It has the G and the wing symbols on it, plus it's good-looking & quite noticeable when you're wearing it (which I am right now! smile ) Plus, it has the black option, if folks would rather use that one. Just a thought.....
That would be great as well. smile I'm thinking anything with the wing or the G is great for this.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 pm
Pegasaurus Rex

I'm pretty sure none of them would layer and if they did, they wouldn't layer well. I kind of like the new shirt you're sporting. Classic Gaia.

I also think the Save our Shops picket sign would be a nice touch.
Maybe we should just have a few items to choose from so each person can pick what suits them best?

I have to say, I agree on all counts.

I like that style of shirt as well. Not only is it a gold shop item, but it's a starter item that everyone could get.

I also agree with the SOS picket sign, seeing as it conveys a number of messages, and it certainly stands out. Plus, it's cheap.  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

GentleBirb

Skilled Genius

8,975 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:33 pm
What about wearing an anniversary item? Such as the 9th anniversary scarf or 10th anniversary corsage. At least with the scarf there are two color options and they both brand the Gaia logo on them.

Gaia Anniversary?
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Gaia starters or items with the logos?
User Image 3 Colors. Sashes, bandanas, or something that has color choice but is obvious to see?
Or logos like User Image

And as far as the scarcity topic... If there was a "This will only exist for one month" Give gaians reasonable means to earn enough gold to earn those items in that month. And more events that give items like the Don Kuro gang event for equal amounts of work. I still remember the cruelest joke gaia ever did was give the overseer skin a dirt look when they lost and making the item soul bound to punish gaians for participating on the wrong team. But let's fix all of this one thing at a time starting with the cash shops yeah?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 pm
I am so aggravated right now. When you buy 5 dollars in Gaia Cash, you get free Flynn Booty's. What the stinking heck!? What are they thinking? There goes inflation up the wazoo again! stressed  

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

GentleBirb

Skilled Genius

8,975 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:16 pm
eclaire5
I am so aggravated right now. When you buy 5 dollars in Gaia Cash, you get free Flynn Booty's. What the stinking heck!? What are they thinking? There goes inflation up the wazoo again! stressed

I don't know, Flynn's Booty didn't get me jack. I spent about 5$ on Flynn's booty and didn't get more than 100,000 Gold. Conversion wise 1$ should equal 99,000 gold. So it was a big waste as compered to just buying an item and selling it. **Shrug** And Flynn's booty is over, it's no longer being sold in the store to the best of my knowledge and the economy only jumped a for a few weeks while it was around and is going back down again. Inflation is still bad, prices soaring but the buying of things in the marketplace and market revenue is heading back down.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:05 pm
MahoHaku
eclaire5

I don't know, Flynn's Booty didn't get me jack. I spent about 5$ on Flynn's booty and didn't get more than 100,000 Gold. Conversion wise 1$ should equal 99,000 gold. So it was a big waste as compered to just buying an item and selling it. **Shrug** And Flynn's booty is over, it's no longer being sold in the store to the best of my knowledge and the economy only jumped a for a few weeks while it was around and is going back down again. Inflation is still bad, prices soaring but the buying of things in the marketplace and market revenue is heading back down.

What's worse is when it first came out, I bought 10 on the MP for about 260k each and opened 'em up... none of them were over 100k. Lost a lot of gold for that. I just have horrible luck on Gaia.
gonk
And yeah, I think their new offer for first-time GC buyers is gonna break the Market Place. $5 for 25 Flynn's Booty? WHY 25?! That's a ridiculous amount.

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:06 pm
MahoHaku
What about wearing an anniversary item? Such as the 9th anniversary scarf or 10th anniversary corsage. At least with the scarf there are two color options and they both brand the Gaia logo on them.

Gaia Anniversary?
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Gaia starters or items with the logos?
User Image 3 Colors. Sashes, bandanas, or something that has color choice but is obvious to see?
Or logos like User Image

And as far as the scarcity topic... If there was a "This will only exist for one month" Give gaians reasonable means to earn enough gold to earn those items in that month. And more events that give items like the Don Kuro gang event for equal amounts of work. I still remember the cruelest joke gaia ever did was give the overseer skin a dirt look when they lost and making the item soul bound to punish gaians for participating on the wrong team. But let's fix all of this one thing at a time starting with the cash shops yeah?

I like this idea. Maybe any Gaia-related item could work. I mean, like the logo of wings or the "G". Like on most anniversary stuff.
And a SoS sign, to show we're in distress.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I really like the idea of everyone having the SoS sign.
I also think it would be a nice touch if the other items equipped on our avatars come from a gold shop. It makes more of a statement...in my mind at least.
Not all of the time, but when we are actively asking question or debating a point...
Like...during Ask the Admin.
Just a thought. smile

Xerixa

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:47 am
Xerixa

I really like the idea of everyone having the SoS sign.
I also think it would be a nice touch if the other items equipped on our avatars come from a gold shop. It makes more of a statement...in my mind at least.
Not all of the time, but when we are actively asking question or debating a point...
Like...during Ask the Admin.
Just a thought. smile

I was thinking the same thing. This combined with the post above with regard to anniversary items get my vote for the unified look and front we would like to present.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 pm
With everyone starting to wear the SoS sign/scarves/pins, we look so unified! emotion_c8  

GC Revolt

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 pm
GC Revolt
With everyone starting to wear the SoS sign/scarves/pins, we look so unified! emotion_c8

Yes we are, and I love it!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 pm
GC Revolt

Can you update your first post to say I have 64 SoS signs?
If anyone can't get a hold of one, they can PM or quote me me and I'll gift it to them.

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm
For the next week I will have a new avi every day with nothing but gold shop items on it. Wish me luck!  
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff