Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Bauhaus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Bauhaus?
  You're kidding, right? Of course I damn do!
  No, I rather listen to Alien Sex Fiend
  ...who?
View Results

2aetH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:13 am
Their cover of Ziggy Stardust....beautiful.

I like Stigmata Martyr....just because of the beat. She's In Parties is definitely catchy, and Dark Entries and The Man With the X-Ray Eyes.....muwahaha. It's hard to settle on one.

Bela Lugosi's Dead is the song I sing when I'm drunk and the arrows are moving too fast on DDR to keep playing it...heehee.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:54 pm
Raethyn Sarachael
Their cover of Ziggy Stardust....beautiful.

I actually liked their cover of it more than Bowie's original version. I loved "The Ballad of Ziggy Stardust" (the song Suffragette City in particular), but I felt Bauhaus were able to nail the tone of the song better.  

GilAskan
Crew

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:41 am
The funny thing about them being the first goth band is that when they started, they did it as a joke and none of them consider themselves goth. every interview i've read they get kinda insulted when they get asked the goth question.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:33 pm
Lady Detarra
The funny thing about them being the first goth band is that when they started, they did it as a joke and none of them consider themselves goth. every interview i've read they get kinda insulted when they get asked the goth question.

Peter Murphy has come to terms with it more recently, and has even made appearances at several goth conventions.

It's really Daniel Ash who was most opposed to it; he never really liked the dark themes of Bauhaus, and if you look at his later work, it's almost all pop.  

GilAskan
Crew

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas