• Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 pm
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Sounds like the Last Chancers

The city of Crayathen, planet Messina of the Scarus system.
I've not heard of that before honestly, I got the idea from reading my gaunt's ghosts novel a few too many times XP

Its from a book xD
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/13th_Penal_Legion#.UoVFmfnIU1o

Ah yes, they will be a lot like that. Just focused more primarily on chaos-held targets. For at least the earlier stages of the rp.

Alrighty then, but does my character have to be some low reject? I was thining he was sent to RIP regiment to learn more about being a team member rather than being a Lone wolf.

Strayong from one's unit could be seen as desertion to some? Easoly explainable if he prefers to be on his own.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:37 am
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Sounds like the Last Chancers

The city of Crayathen, planet Messina of the Scarus system.
I've not heard of that before honestly, I got the idea from reading my gaunt's ghosts novel a few too many times XP

Its from a book xD

Ah yes, they will be a lot like that. Just focused more primarily on chaos-held targets. For at least the earlier stages of the rp.

Alrighty then, but does my character have to be some low reject? I was thining he was sent to RIP regiment to learn more about being a team member rather than being a Lone wolf.

Strayong from one's unit could be seen as desertion to some? Easoly explainable if he prefers to be on his own.

Yeah but iin the rp it shows that he works better when hes in a team rather than being alone, also he gets ito trouble more frequently when he goes off on his own while sometimes its benefits him and the team but thats rare and if he had luck on his side or not.  

N7-Rain

Loyal Knight

13,425 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xxx- Bizkit -xxX

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:50 pm
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan

Its from a book xD

Yeah but iin the rp it shows that he works better when hes in a team rather than being alone, also he gets ito trouble more frequently when he goes off on his own while sometimes its benefits him and the team but thats rare and if he had luck on his side or not.

Doesn't matter. To a commissar desertion is desertion regardless. Usually punished by death, so assigning him to a RIP regiment eould be considered lenient if not odd. You could claim it was in light of prior service but generally the commissariat wouldn't care. General Sturnn is a good example.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:28 pm
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan
Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
iRain-chan

Its from a book xD

Doesn't matter. To a commissar desertion is desertion regardless. Usually punished by death, so assigning him to a RIP regiment eould be considered lenient if not odd. You could claim it was in light of prior service but generally the commissariat wouldn't care. General Sturnn is a good example.

anyways ill post u guys do one more  

N7-Rain

Loyal Knight

13,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:18 pm
Pardon me if this is intruding on the conversation, and if I've gotten the thrust of the argument wrong, but I have a thought pertinent to the discussion...

According to the Uplifting Primer, any case of mutiny or insurrection is considered a death sentence. Refusing to follow orders is a death sentence (as is desertion, and/or running off and doing your own thing on the battlefield). Even a case of showing disrespect to an officer is punishable by death. If the character ran off on his or her own, they'd be shot. So... unless you have an extraordinarily-lenient commissar* or the lines between Commander and Commissar are seriously blended**, just about any commissar is going to pull out a bolt pistol and blow the guilty (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE!) guardsman's brains out.

The original idea behind the character, as far as I can tell, is that he or she isn't a team player, and they're being forced into RIP to learn to work with other people. If they went off on their own, despite the explicit orders of their senior officer, then the commissar's going to put the guardsman out of their misery, assuming that the sergeant doesn't first. To show that a character's a lone wolf, and not a team player, I think that his or her offense has to be severe-enough that it can't be ignored, but low-key enough that execution or a penal battalion isn't worth it.

You can't run away, you can't ignore orders, and you can't talk back to authority. However, your squad-mates are a different story... and they're the ones that the character can't work well with. The problem, I think, has to come from there. If you don't get along with your squad-mates, and you get into some form of altercation with them, then the penalty's a lot less severe. According to the primer, it's to be determined by the commissar. So, to showcase that a character works better alone, it's possible for him or her to develop some animosity for his or her squadmates for cramping their style. Eventually, after putting up with it for long-enough, a fight breaks out. The commissar swiftly assigns guilt, finds the character culpable, and sends him or her to RIP until they learn their lesson.

Those are my thoughts. I'm sorry if I'm butting in and got everything wrong.

~Oci out.

Ciaphas Cain was lenient in no small part due to his fear that oppressed guardsmen would shoot him in the back. The Guardsmen under his watch knew not to cross him, and that his refusal to kill them for petty offenses certainly wasn't due to cowardice - everyone was in awe of the legendary presence of the HERO OF THE IMPERIUM. Even the Tau give Cain a wide berth. He was clearly the exception to the rule... not every commissar is lucky enough to get a serial pict-cast based on him to cow his men into quiescence. The average commissar doesn't have Cain's reputation. To instill fear and discipline in the men, they've got to pop some heads until the men get the message.

As was the case with Gaunt. He'd do pretty much anything to save the men under his command, as a leader and "father to his men" would. This includes sending them to RIP if he couldn't completely get them off the hook. It got to the point that High Command was worried that it impaired his ability to remain impartial as a commissar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 pm
Ociluce
Pardon me if this is intruding on the conversation, and if I've gotten the thrust of the argument wrong, but I have a thought pertinent to the discussion...

According to the Uplifting Primer, any case of mutiny or insurrection is considered a death sentence. Refusing to follow orders is a death sentence (as is desertion, and/or running off and doing your own thing on the battlefield). Even a case of showing disrespect to an officer is punishable by death. If the character ran off on his or her own, they'd be shot. So... unless you have an extraordinarily-lenient commissar* or the lines between Commander and Commissar are seriously blended**, just about any commissar is going to pull out a bolt pistol and blow the guilty (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE!) guardsman's brains out.

The original idea behind the character, as far as I can tell, is that he or she isn't a team player, and they're being forced into RIP to learn to work with other people. If they went off on their own, despite the explicit orders of their senior officer, then the commissar's going to put the guardsman out of their misery, assuming that the sergeant doesn't first. To show that a character's a lone wolf, and not a team player, I think that his or her offense has to be severe-enough that it can't be ignored, but low-key enough that execution or a penal battalion isn't worth it.

You can't run away, you can't ignore orders, and you can't talk back to authority. However, your squad-mates are a different story... and they're the ones that the character can't work well with. The problem, I think, has to come from there. If you don't get along with your squad-mates, and you get into some form of altercation with them, then the penalty's a lot less severe. According to the primer, it's to be determined by the commissar. So, to showcase that a character works better alone, it's possible for him or her to develop some animosity for his or her squadmates for cramping their style. Eventually, after putting up with it for long-enough, a fight breaks out. The commissar swiftly assigns guilt, finds the character culpable, and sends him or her to RIP until they learn their lesson.

Those are my thoughts. I'm sorry if I'm butting in and got everything wrong.

~Oci out.

Ciaphas Cain was lenient in no small part due to his fear that oppressed guardsmen would shoot him in the back. The Guardsmen under his watch knew not to cross him, and that his refusal to kill them for petty offenses certainly wasn't due to cowardice - everyone was in awe of the legendary presence of the HERO OF THE IMPERIUM. Even the Tau give Cain a wide berth. He was clearly the exception to the rule... not every commissar is lucky enough to get a serial pict-cast based on him to cow his men into quiescence. The average commissar doesn't have Cain's reputation. To instill fear and discipline in the men, they've got to pop some heads until the men get the message.

As was the case with Gaunt. He'd do pretty much anything to save the men under his command, as a leader and "father to his men" would. This includes sending them to RIP if he couldn't completely get them off the hook. It got to the point that High Command was worried that it impaired his ability to remain impartial as a commissar.

Wait so whats your point? Are you saying my character is wrong and I should rewrite something? or what?  

N7-Rain

Loyal Knight

13,425 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:23 pm
I didn't know much about your character; I was going off of what you and Bizkit were saying. I thought that there was a conflict of interest, and was trying to offer an outside opinion. I was trying to incorporate both of your opinions into a compromise... but I think that I overstepped my place.

If I did, and if got the situation wrong, then I'm very sorry, and I apologize.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:19 pm
Ociluce
I didn't know much about your character; I was going off of what you and Bizkit were saying. I thought that there was a conflict of interest, and was trying to offer an outside opinion. I was trying to incorporate both of your opinions into a compromise... but I think that I overstepped my place.

If I did, and if got the situation wrong, then I'm very sorry, and I apologize.

Kicking myself in the nuts for not being here for that. But I didn't find any problem nor was I informed of any. In fact you explained my point perfectly.
Gah I hate touchpad smartphones.  

Xxx- Bizkit -xxX

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
Roleplaying Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash