Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Blood Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will/do you use blood in ritual?
  Yes
  No
  I haven't, but would if I needed to.
  Never. I don't think it's right ever.
  *Dracula accent* One, two, three! Three victims! Mua ha ha!
View Results

bobz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:40 am
Well lets see. Blood magic isn't something I've worked with but... Hum, I would probably use my own blood (from a finger or somesuch) for "This is mine" sympathetic magic.
I don't have any menstural blood due to lack of a uterine lining so that's going to be hard to comment on.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:51 am
bobz
Well lets see. Blood magic isn't something I've worked with but... Hum, I would probably use my own blood (from a finger or somesuch) for "This is mine" sympathetic magic.
Within your path does it have meaning? Or would such a practice be generic?

Quote:
I don't have any menstural blood due to lack of a uterine lining so that's going to be hard to comment on.
Still interested in your insights.  

TeaDidikai

Jaded Cat of the World

Blazing Wildcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:55 pm
I don't use blood. never did, and I don't see myself using it anytime in the furture. I Write my own spells, and I doubt I would put it in.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 am
I would have no problem using blood if I had to. I haven't yet because I've never found the need to in anything I've practised so far. I'd be a strong believer in blood oaths or committing yourself to something using blood as a sort of contract. And that would definately have to be real blood. Menstrual blood is just not right. How much of a sacrifice or binding would it be if your body was getting rid of it anyway? That doesn't make much sense...  

Pelta

bobz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 am
TeaDidikai
(from a finger or somesuch) for "This is mine" sympathetic magic.
Within your path does it have meaning? Or would such a practice be generic?

My path..... Well I can't really comment there, I have some influences from Asatru where it's common, especially in runework but I'm going to have to be honest and say that my path is pretty undefined as of yet, you're going to have to look on me like a little seeker tea.
I'd use it where it fits and I'd use it if it has meaning to whatever task is at hand.
TeaDidikai

Still interested in your insights.

Thankee, Still i think I'll have to ponder this one further...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:56 am
Chaiyo Dekana
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
Kahri
Hmm, I've never actually used menstrual blood in a ritual persay, but I've used it to psychically mark things as mine and link them to me. I don't think I'd ever use any sort of blood as an offering or as a power source.
On that note- why is it that one would use refuse- that which your body is rejecting and saying "this is not part of me" for sympathetic magic?
Maybe it would be better to use it for "I want to get rid of this" sympathetic magic instead of "this is mine" sympathetic magic, using that line of reasoning.
Could be. That's not the usual expression bloodmagic takes in my experience. But why not use something like urine for that?

The only problem with using menstrual blood to bond an item to yourself is that the effects might end up being more than you bargained for. According to the Law of Contagion, menstrual blood is considered to be one of the most powerful object links in ritual magic, so the spells you perform with that item might have unintended consequences or side effects.
Be careful!

godhi

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:33 am
godhi
The only problem with using menstrual blood to bond an item to yourself is that the effects might end up being more than you bargained for. According to the Law of Contagion, menstrual blood is considered to be one of the most powerful object links in ritual magic, so the spells you perform with that item might have unintended consequences or side effects.
Be careful!

Heh... Godhi, I think for that one would have to assert that Authentic Thaumaturgy has a leg to stand on beyond being Bonewits' opinion.

Then you would have to assert a reason that people can't break such connections.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff