Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Traitor's Rage - a Traitor Guard blog/plog Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm
DarkElf27
fire - link
DarkElf27
fire - link
DarkElf27
I love the use of the yellow/black striping, gives them an awesome industrial look. The servitor looks like something out of Bioshock.

Cheers cap! currently working on more traitors by liberally cutting apart the cultist doubles and cadian stuff biggrin
How are the traitors who were WIP on the first page, are they painted and based yet?

about that...

these guys are piling up on them xD I'm trying to get a load made up first so i can batch black-spray a load in one go
Ah, gotcha. How many are you going for in the current batch?

well i counted earlier and im up to almost 4 ten-man squads now, thats including the already-painted dudes. so, probably 25 or so?? got an Iron Warriors conversion pack earlier while at my local hobby shop so the rest of my ten-man chaos unit can be finished some point (though im going to buy some instant mold to cast more of a couple of the bits first)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:19 am
The pay-off to this wait will be most delicious. xp  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm
Lady Blodwynn

well IF im awake tomorow at all i'll put photos up of the unpainted mass as it currently stands. got work in 6 hours (its midnight now) for a few hours, and instead of sleeping before work im being dragged out for a night out in like 5 mins...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 am
fire - link
Lady Blodwynn

well IF im awake tomorow at all i'll put photos up of the unpainted mass as it currently stands. got work in 6 hours (its midnight now) for a few hours, and instead of sleeping before work im being dragged out for a night out in like 5 mins...
Brings back memories! I've ruined more than one head of hair by doing that.. blaugh  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 pm
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
Lady Blodwynn

Brings back memories! I've ruined more than one head of hair by doing that.. blaugh

aha well i woke up like an hour ago, after going to sleep at half ten this morning (now 8.45pm) xD fun times.

good news/bad news time:
the good is i found the Techpriest i ordered has arrived so ive converted him and am about to spray him + loads of the troops

the POSSIBLE bad is depending on when the spray dries i may not update tonight, BUT there is now another conversion to show off (with the 2nd ogryn-servitor (heavy bolter)) when I do get the photos taken and up on here smile

::Edit::
Sprayed biggrin i'll try to get pics soon when its dry  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am
Army Snaps!!! Techpriest!!! Almost Legal Army!!!

Dark Mechanicus Techpriest + Praetorian Heavy-Weapon Servitors:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Only a simple conversion, carefully sawing the axe head off and replacing it with a trimmed up Ogre sword to make the scythe (im really getting my moneys worth with these servitors!) but I thought with the dark paintjob it certainly didn't look very Imperial anymore

The Traitor Guard Pile:

All the guardsmen ive been mentioning the last week, plus the ones with FW bits shown already, all basecoated and some with a couple other colours, still all unfinished however

Obligatory Army Shots:

Everything so far, with the Thunderbolt on the bed because the bedside tables a little too small for this xD

And after counting, the army stands at about 63 models including the thunderbolt + sentinels. not brilliant, but not bad for just a couple of weeks work biggrin (now to get them painted!) going out to a local wargaming club tonight, and since they do 10% off Games Workshop i'll see about maybe getting a Hellhound or a Leman Russ Demolisher kit while i'm there.

Also for another platoon of guard, I'd like to go nurgle themed. so far my ideas include a Conscript unit of Zombies, and a Banewolf themed on the Plaguereaper (Nurgle Baneblade), so when I get the chance to get hold of a mass tonne of Mantic zombies on the cheap, expect to see me start that platoon alongside the main Khorne ones

For now, to make this a legal army I need:

2 Command Squads - one for each platoon
Another unit of Iron Warriors
an Iron Warriors Warpsmith for their HQ  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm
so, post thursday game-night, had a 2-on-2 game with my not QUITE legal army (which i realised with most of the upgrades modelled on them, is already about 790 points of stuff :O including the Thunderbolt too cos I have the rules for it biggrin )

Traitors and Necrons vs Tau and Salamanders
Victory: Tau

though we lost, my model of the match goes to either the Autocannon sentinel (the unpainted one) which took out both the Tau players hammerhead and skyray (before he massed all his fire on it crying ) or the Primaris Psyker, which took out a full squad of kroot over the game with psychic powers and making the last 3 models run off the board 3nodding

in modelling news, after talking to the Shop owner about Instantmold last week, he looked into it and decided to start stocking it, since i suggested it he sold it me on a discount for just £8 (instead of £12) for a packet, and threw in £6 worth of green stuff too! I'm a happy rob after tonight biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 pm
Let the piracy commence! pirate  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 am
Vikki Stardust

damn straight! already had a few Cadian Torso's, Finecast Iron Warrior Heads, and a Mantic Zombie Head Green-Stuffing overnight biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:38 am
fire - link
Vikki Stardust

damn straight! already had a few Cadian Torso's, Finecast Iron Warrior Heads, and a Mantic Zombie Head Green-Stuffing overnight biggrin
sounds like a tutorial waiting to happen, hint-hint. ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 am
Vikki Stardust
fire - link
Vikki Stardust

sounds like a tutorial waiting to happen, hint-hint. ninja

sure, when i next do some ill take snaps pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm
There are unsettling rumours about low moaning coming from where the new conscript platoon is stationed across the other side of the camp... one of the troops even swore he saw one eating another. a couple of the other Khorne traitors have disappeared too. it cant be just a co-incidence, can it?

(pics to follow soon wink )  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 am
Could it be.. emotion_zombie

heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 pm
"Those damned fools. After the last men to check out the new meat didnt return, a pair of them went to see whats up themselves. took an imaging-servitor with them too, last shot we got from it was this. What in the unholy gods is the captain playing at creating these monsters!?"

Yep, started my Zombie Conscript unit, theres now a second one painted up too since these were taken. the zombie bits are Mantic Zombies, cos i'm just too cool for GW ones cool

The dude with mixed-paintjobs torso is just painted green too by the way, however the one with the Vox caster, has the first of my new cast torso's, made with Instant Mold (tutorial to follow when I can get any decent photos for it. I've tried two or three times now and each time the light catches too much on the clear Instant Mold gel stare )

as a comparison of the end result however:

personally I think the details pretty crisp on the cast ones biggrin obviously its not perfect, and really thin peices or awkward shapes are VERY difficult to cast with it, but for simple peices like extra torso's, heads, heavy weapons, etc its perfect for making a few extra biggrin  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am
fire - link
If I may throw out one minor complaint here: The Mantic zombie arms are awfully spindly when attached to the Cadian torsos like that. Are you going to hide that underneath more of those shoulder guards?

That said, nicely done, same on the casting! Can't wait to see the whole army done and having a few more fights in. I love me an army with a theme running through it! emotion_yatta  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff