tampons
  pads
  both
  other
View Results

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 am

Ehhh I use pads usually, but if I'm going to any physical activityI use the tampon emotion_drool not my first choice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 am

Pads all the way, I feel scared of tampons 'cause I'm not sure when it's
full or not. Pads just make me feel more secure.

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 am
Pads. Always. Haven't used tampons. But, I think they would be uncomfortable confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:16 pm
I used to use only pads when I first started and for many years after that. Although, I hated the feeling of not having any control over the flow. In public, it was easy to sit at a wrong angle and the pad move with that angle and blood leak out of the pad - even if you did have the ones that almost covered the full front and back. With pads, I felt nasty - especially on my heavy days and sitting down and getting up felt exceedingly gross. Pads were especially nasty if I started sweating for whatever reason because the smell just sticks and it makes the blood already in the pad all watery and runny.

Later on, I switched to tampons because I was sick and tired of not having much control over my period. I found that I liked them a lot better because I didn't feel like I needed a shower every time I needed to change it unlike a pad. I can sit down, stand up, walk in front of others, and even sneeze in confidence.

There was a time I hated carrying a purse so I'd wear a tampon for a while and then take it out and use the pad for the rest of the time I was out. Lazy me xD

Although, some days where I'm heavy - I'll wear a tampon and a pad just in case. Then on other days, if I know I won't have chance to take my time in the bathroom at any point or if I'm on a road trip where I can't just stop at the bathroom at any point I will put in a tampon and later change it out and use the pad until I am able to put another tampon in. I'm weird like that o.o  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm
User Image

Pads mostly, but I use tampons in an emergency. I have a few tampons if I want to go swimming (since I would get periods when I had aquatic physical therapy), so I would use them if I run out of pads.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm
tampons i don't like the way the pads feel but if it's extra flow then i use one  

miaxloveless210

britt1110

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:26 pm
I much prefer tampons over pads anyday. I remeber when I first started my period and in dance classes I had to have a pad on with all of the stuff I wore to class and it was just too much going on down there. Tampons took away a lot of the bulk. Plus pads alway failed me when I needed them most. Now I only wear pads to sleep or when my period is too light for a tampon.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:29 pm
Aquatic_blue
I used to use only pads when I first started and for many years after that. Although, I hated the feeling of not having any control over the flow. In public, it was easy to sit at a wrong angle and the pad move with that angle and blood leak out of the pad - even if you did have the ones that almost covered the full front and back. With pads, I felt nasty - especially on my heavy days and sitting down and getting up felt exceedingly gross. Pads were especially nasty if I started sweating for whatever reason because the smell just sticks and it makes the blood already in the pad all watery and runny.

Later on, I switched to tampons because I was sick and tired of not having much control over my period. I found that I liked them a lot better because I didn't feel like I needed a shower every time I needed to change it unlike a pad. I can sit down, stand up, walk in front of others, and even sneeze in confidence.

There was a time I hated carrying a purse so I'd wear a tampon for a while and then take it out and use the pad for the rest of the time I was out. Lazy me xD

Although, some days where I'm heavy - I'll wear a tampon and a pad just in case. Then on other days, if I know I won't have chance to take my time in the bathroom at any point or if I'm on a road trip where I can't just stop at the bathroom at any point I will put in a tampon and later change it out and use the pad until I am able to put another tampon in. I'm weird like that o.o

Lol this pretty much sums up the horrors of pads in a nutshell. I hate sitting down when I have a pad on. It's almost like wearing a diaper... and you're just sitting in your blood... I hate pads so much xd  

britt1110

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300

britt1110

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:39 pm
Tute Sweet
I use a Moon Cup.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I tried both tampons and towels for years, but I have really sensitive skin and they both irritated my skin really horribly.
The Moon Cup's much better, as it's made of silicone, not scratchy sweaty cottony stuff. I can't even feel it once it's in.

The downside is that I have to empty it and clean it all the time instead of just flushing it away, but it's better for the environment.

I assume you put this in just like a tampon (even though it looks bigger than a tampon or v****a)... but what do you do when you're in a public restroom and need to empty and clean is...? confused  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 pm
If your tampon hurts your doing it WRONG. I did pads for a year, and it was the grosses year ever. for the last ten years i've used tampons and I LOVE them. I don't feel it even when its the super pluses (heavy flow) and there is not the yucky feeling like with the pad.

I'm also queen of the birth control i've tried lots of types and when you find the right one it is AMAZING makes your icky periods not suck.

Tute Sweet
I use a Moon Cup.

I like the environmental part you said, now did you have to be fitted for it?? how easy is it to get? and what price range is it?.

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Fatelin

Taken Kitten

10,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 am
I wish I could have tampons, but I am allergic to them. I don't know why. crying

I am stuck with pads. I have not found one that works well with me either.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:00 am
I say pads.

I have never used a tampon ever.

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 am
britt1110

I assume you put this in just like a tampon (even though it looks bigger than a tampon or v****a)... but what do you do when you're in a public restroom and need to empty and clean is...? confused

Similar to a tampon, only you don't insert it as far, it sits much lower in the v****a.
That's a big picture, but yeah, they do look quite big when you first see them in real life, but they're certainly no wider than a p***s. You don't insert it like that, you fold it in half to insert it, and once it's in it opens up and molds to the natural shape of your v****a because the silicone is so flexible.

If you need to empty it if you're in a public restroom, you can just remove it in the cubicle, dump out the contents in the toilet, wipe it with some toilet paper and put it back in. Then you can clean it with water once you get home.
But the Mooncup holds three times more menstrual blood than any disposable product, and have no associations with TSS, so you don't have to change them as often. So most days I find I don't even have to change it at all while I'm out.

Levina-jade

Tute Sweet
I use a Moon Cup.

I like the environmental part you said, now did you have to be fitted for it?? how easy is it to get? and what price range is it?.

Yep, it is MUCH less wasteful and so better for the environment, plus you're not wasting lots of packaging every month either (mine came with a little cotton bag to store it in).
Nope, I didn't have to be fitted, mine only comes in 2 sizes, and you choose the bigger one if you've ever given birth vaginally, and the smaller one if you haven't. They're very pliable and bendy, so they conform to the shape of your v****a once they're inside.
I found it was easy to get, you can get them online, from pharmacies/drugstores and from health food shops. I believe in other countries (I'm in the UK) they're often called Diva Cups.
Mine cost £22, which is expensive in one go, but they last for years if you store and clean them properly, so once you factor in how expensive tampons/pads are, it pays for itself pretty quickly. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 am
britt1110
Lol this pretty much sums up the horrors of pads in a nutshell. I hate sitting down when I have a pad on. It's almost like wearing a diaper... and you're just sitting in your blood... I hate pads so much xd

Have you tried looking into the "ultra thin" pads? They tend to be less diaper-like.

I haven't had much luck with tampons; the only time I can use them right is when it's not that time of the month, which makes them completely useless to me.  

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

britt1110

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:21 am
Super Fightin Prototype
britt1110
Lol this pretty much sums up the horrors of pads in a nutshell. I hate sitting down when I have a pad on. It's almost like wearing a diaper... and you're just sitting in your blood... I hate pads so much xd :

Have you tried looking into the "ultra thin" pads? They tend to be less diaper-like.

I haven't had much luck with tampons; the only time I can use them right is when it's not that time of the month, which makes them completely useless to me.

I've tried every type of pad basically, and ultra thin was an even worse nightmare when I used to have a heavy flow. I just don't like pads. I only wear them when I sleep or when I'm too light for a tampon.  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff