Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Care of Magical Creatures Seminar Tent (Lesson 3 Up) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In a Smack-Down, who would win, the Kelpie or the Kitsune?
Kelpie!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Kitsune!
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm
Amelia lifts her head to her Professor's question, she had been laying on the ground, Honestly professor i was completely fascinated i read the lesson twice!! it was so interesting, just the fear of swimming in lakes if there is a horse looking thing near by is a no no, I was intrigued in the business idea of kelpies, I would give it a shot if there became some possible way wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 am
"It was very interesting!" Echo says. "I never knew all of that about my team's mascot!"  

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 am
I loved the lesson professor! I reread it too. Amanda says Agreeing with Amelia.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:39 am
I'm very glad you enjoyed lesson one! Now, I know I was supposed to post lesson two on the 4th, but honestly, I've been caught up helping someone move all weekend. I have the lesson written, I just need to write homework questions to go with it. So I'll do that as soon as I wake up and then post it. I'm very sorry for the delay.

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:48 pm
User Image
I'm happy to announce that lesson 2 is now up!
heart
Also, the grades from lesson 1 are completed as well!

(finding Kitsune images was actually much harder than I thought. Everyone likes to make cute kitsunes like the one above, which didn't really seem appropriate for the lesson...)
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm
Also, I messed with the images alot while I was finding them and putting them in the lesson, so they might be a little funky for like a day or so. Till Photobucket has a chance to catch up with what's supposed to be showing... So make sure you check back again later to see the final product. And once again, tell me what you thought of the lesson. I actually didn't have a lot of Kitsune information available in my bookshelves, so I had to go looking for it and piece together something I thought would work for JK's world. So my apologies in advance for any poetic license that may annoy you. I'm happy to take any criticisms.

Also, I'm gonna wear my kitsune gaia item and I just want all our Scottish player students to know, I'm not trying to play favoritism... I just don't have the Loch Ness item... yet....

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am
heart I love the lesson professor, it was so interesting to read!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:16 pm
Echo nods in agreement with Amanda. "The lesson was fascinating, but I must say that I still prefer kelpies."  

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:33 am
I'm going to be busy all weekend, so I'm going to set up my third lesson today. But don't worry for those of you who haven't turned in your homework. You will still have until the 18th (tomorrow) to turn in your lesson two homework.

And now I'll go work on setting the lesson/discussion up!
xd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am
Alright lesson/discussion 3 is up!
xd

Now, a little note. You guys can be as creative with your arguments as you like. Honestly, I wrote my lessons to teach and entertain, not to hint at possible wrestling moves. whee So go a head and make your own assumptions, if you like, in order to further your argument. Just make sure that you try to explain them to the rest of us, so we understand your thought process. You are also more than welcome to go out and find more info on the creatures, if you like. I just ask that, for any completely new information, you either cite your source or explain that it came from your head. I just want to make sure we aren't getting into, "Oh yea, well my creature can grow wings and fly, so he dodges your creature's mouth-breathing fire ball!!!" These creatures may be considered myth by the muggles, but that doesn't mean that they can do anything we want them to. You know, be reasonable. 3nodding

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
Syreyn generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

Syreyn

10,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:20 pm
Amanda gears up for the Discussion. She is in favor of the Kelpie! Those Kitsunes won't know what hit 'em! Amanda says enthusiastically looking around the room. Let's get this started! She says, smiling from ear to ear.

((ooc I know we can't post twice during the discussion, but does that count this post and my first argument?))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 pm
No, your first argument does not count.
wink
I just wanted to make sure that each argument was separate so I can make sure everyone does at least 3 for full credit.

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
rocky road sundae generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

rocky road sundae

Witty Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 am
Echo enters the CoMC tent for the debate. Ravenclaws should be good at this, hmm?

Echo is placed on the kelpie team. Arguing for her team mascot should be easy!

VannaRose generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 am
Vanna enters the tent. She supports the kelpie! Seeing no competition so far, she starts planning out an attack.  

VannaRose

Original Fatcat

9,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Hope Maxime Hagrid

Friendly Enabler

6,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 pm
I'm so excited to see what you guys dream up! I've honestly been day-dreaming about possible outcomes for this smack-down since I first started writing the lessons back in July. 3nodding

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff