Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Roleplays
Magic Vs. Tech (Open and Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 am
Quickly understanding the girl--Rachelle's intention, Leo quickly stowed his violin away, knowing that a quick getaway would be imperative. Forming a plate of swirling wind underneath his feet, Leo looked back at the A.I. as it aimed it's laser gun at the winged mage. Opening his mouth to warn the girl, he watched as the A.I. lowered his weapon and seemed almost exasperated. Shaking his head, Leo scolded himself, A.I.'s don't have feelings! "You are right, it might be a bad time but oh well, I'm Leo." He introduced himself as he watched on. "We'll have more time to talk later if we get the chance though, get ready."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm
The winged tensed as the A.I. raised the gun. She had set herself in a square stance, ready for whatever, but fell slack in surprise when the machine lowered it. She beat her wings, pushing herself back, further away from the cyborg. Sollemnis nodded at Leo, her muscles bunching as she spread her wings again and prepared to flee. "I can fly us all to get us initially away, but I won't last long with a load of two people." she pointed to a rooftop not too far away. "That's as far as I'll go, then we'll have to move on foot. The rooftops are our best bet, we'll move faster on them than the streets." The mage sounded gravely serious. She knew what she was doing. Her hand clenched over her chakram, her knuckled whiter than ever. I'll get revenge on the damned machines another time...

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm
Rachelle nodded at Sollemnis' words and was prepared to use her last bit of strength to help Leo jump on the rooftops to escape. The building Sollemnis had pointed at was the begginning of the tall buildings and any of them would die if they fell. "If the buildings are to far apart, I'll have air give me a push, I assume that will be safe enough, but I'm at the end of my strength." Rachelle said, noticing Leo also commanded the element air. SHe smiled slighlty as she continued her focus on the AI and her wind going straight for his chest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:18 pm
The air slammed into Dread's torso, knocking him off his feet. As the mostly white robot fell back he attempted to eliminate one of the mages, but the shot went wild. He landed with a dull thud and a loud clang as his arms hit the pathway, his pistol slipping from his grasp.

While laying on the ground, Dread grabbed his grenade launcher and took aim at the building to his left. He knew this action would not kill his targets, but the pulse from the explosion would stun them and the rain of broken glass should at least slow them down. With that calculation completed, he squeezed the trigger and a grenade took flight.

NastyNate27

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:34 pm
Rachelle went for the mage's hand so she could take off with her, and watched as the air flew into the AI and he went flying backwards. I can't believe I have joined this war! I was banking on stay out of it. I didn't want to go against my parents! I really didn't, but now I have.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 pm
With a great beat of her ebony-feathered wings, Sollemnis swept over the two other mages and took to the air. Wrapping her arms around their waists, she yelled, "Hold on, this'll be rough!" She grunted with effort and beat her wings, slowly but surely heading towards the nearest rooftop. Just as her feet barely made contact with the rooftop, Sollemnis gasped as she notice something roll onto the roof. Was it... a pear...? What was the machine doing with a...

"Grenade!" screeched the winged, covering the other two mages and rolling as the grenade went off. She let out a cry of pain as the pulsing wave of energy from the grenade washed over her, causing her muscles to lock. Shards of glass rained down upon them, one of the larger pieces embedding itself where her left wing connected to her shoulder blade. Something fell to the roof with a thick thud. "My tome!" pined the magician, but she was unable to move. She released the other two mages from the protection of her limp wings, the injured one hanging limp with the bloody shard of glass sticking out. All of the information... gone! She tried to teach out for the ancient book, but couldn't even lift a finger. "Damn it to hell..." she murmured, dropping her head, "The... machine... can't get... it."

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm
Rachelle screamed internally as the grenade went off. She was greatful that the winged mage had covered her. She rolled out from under the wings and noticed that a shard of glass had embedded itself in the wing Rachelle had been under. "Stay calm. I can pull this out, but it's going to hurt. I'll do my best not to cause you to much pain, but it's inevitable." Rachelle said thinking clearly as she grabbed the glass and tugged slightly. It was wedged in there good. Rachelle gripped hard, causing her own blood to begin flowing. Rachelle yanked and the glass came out. Rachelle dropped the bloody glass and inspected the wound. "You won't be able to fly, but one of us could help you across the far roof tops. I won't be much help though, I used all my energy on the wind tunnel." Rachelle said, she pushed the rubble that had unfortunatly pinned the mage. She pushed against it with all her might and managed to get it off. Rachelle ripped a small part of her outfit and wrapped it around her injured hand. "Are you alright Leo?" Rachelle asked with concern in her voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 pm
Sollemnis let out a scream in agony as Rachelle tore the glass shard from her shoulder. Her uninjured wing beat violently until finally the glass was removed. She looked up at the female, "The tome... get the tome!" she pleaded, "It's difficult for me to move on my own." With a great strain of her muscles, she managed to push herself onto her hands and knees, taking deep breaths and mentally wishing that she was far from here. The effects of the grenade thrown by the A.I. were already wearing off, but she was far from moving with ease.

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:35 am
As they were lifted into the air, Leo caught slight movement out of the corner of his eye at the last moment just as the winged mage had screamed, "Grenade!" Ducking and protecting his head as the shower of glass and shock sent them flailing backwards, Leo hit the ground, on his side have turned at the last second. Pulling his violin out, he quickly checked for damage before with a sigh of relief, he put it back in its pouch.

Crawling over to where the winged mage and Rachelle were sitting, he heard a groan as Rachelle pulled a large shard of glass from the wing, cutting her own hands while doing so. "I'm fine, just slightly shaken and a couple minor cuts and bruises. I should be able to carry us across over to the rooftops or somewhere we can hide for a while." Leo said dismissively as he stood on slightly shaky legs, crouching down for a minute to take hold of an old book, its pages now slightly torn, "Is this what you were looking for?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 am
Rachelle responded,"Good, I could help, but only a little. We should get going before that cyborg ends up catching up to us. Here." Rachelle said attempting to help Sollemnis off the ground and drapped her arm over her shoulders and wrapped her own around Sollemnis' waist to support her. "You never introduced yourself. I'm Rachelle, as you know, and I understand right now might not be the best time for name swapping but, I'd like to know the name of the person who saved my life." Rachelle said.  

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

NastyNate27

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm
Dread pushed himself back onto his feet, all of his joints whining and whirring as he moved. He started to charge his jump-jets when he was upright and retrieved his laser pistol. Attaching the grenade launcher to his thigh and the pistol to his forearm, the AI positioned himself to fly up to the roof where the magicians had gone.

With a small explosion and a roar of flame, the large robot sailed upwards. Unfortunately for the AI, his jump-jets cut out sooner than he wanted. They had not fully cooled from the first jump. He managed to grab hold of the roof and keep himself from falling, which was a huge stress on his elbow joints as his very heavy legs were dangling off the side of the building.

He gazed at the magicians, knowing fully how vulnerable he was. If he fell, his jump-jets were too hot to use and his body would take a massive amount of damage. Even though his laser pistol was on his left forearm, shooting the magicians was out of the question. His weight was far too much for one of his arms to handle. Dread's artificial life was currently in the hands of those he had been tasked with hunting.

To buy some time, he deployed his drop shield right in front of him but knew the shield would only last three minutes. Unless the magicians attacked it. Dread knew his jump-jets would need at least five minutes to cool enough to use them now so he just gazed at the magicians through his transparent blue wall.

((Edit: New announcements))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 pm
Sollemnis snatched the tome from Leo. "It is, thank you." she looked at Rachelle, then turned to the A.I. as it hung on the edge of the roof. She smirked. "I will introduce myself to you later, now is not the time!" She slid the tome into her satchel again then gazed at the A.I. longingly. "You could be killed right where you stand, monster." she said evenly, not even caring about whether or not the machine could understand. It probably would.

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:32 pm
Rachelle felt highly conflicted as the AI dangled from the building. She didn't want to hurt him horribly, just escape with her life. "Wait! Don't say things like that! No one should die. . .even if they are artifically made." Rachelle added looking between Sollemnis, Leo and the AI. She felt HIGHLY conflicted. She didn't want to have the AI kill them all, but she also didn't want to harm the AI. "We could make a deal Cyborg. We pull you onto the roof, and you them go. Or we push you" Rachelle regreted this already, "and we get away." Rachelle would go with the AI if it meant two people that could actually get away, that actually could contribute to the war. Rachelle was hoping Leo and the mage wouldn't notice her outputting herself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:56 am
Nodding as he took his now free hands and aimed them at the ground. Concentrating, he began to form a plate of wind swirling fast enough to hold their weight. Keeping a ear on the argument the winged mage and Rachelle, Leo put his two cents in as they began to rise, "Truly, is there any point in killing it? There are probably reinforcements and they probably won't be too happy if we do kill it. The way I see it is we either help him or don't." His annoyance was kept firmly in check though he could feel some of it leaking into his voice.

Soon they were level with the rooftops, the buildings stretching out before them, "We're ready to go here." Leo said, his eyes trained on the swirling plate as he kept the wind spinning rapidly while adding a few tendrils here and there. This would be the easy part, it would be harder to control, but he's done it before, unless something interfere's there shouldn't be any problems.

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am
Wingded mage's eyes narrowed in anger, but she couldn't reply with her true words. These people were helping her after all. It wouldn't be a good idea to spit in their faces just quite yet. "Alright. Fine. I got what I needed. Let's just get out of here." she finally said with a dark tone to her voice. She would come back for the A.I. Next time.

[Sorry for short posts. I'm only able to get on for short periods of time due to sharing a computer with a bunch of other people. Dx]

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff