The Tomb Kings Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:00 am
tinytim4
I lOVVVVVEEEE! tomb kings... so far I think I have about 1000 points...oh man... if you can run a Scorpion in 500, and it actually comes up, the opponent's SCREWED! Unless it's lizardmen... i've been beaten by them. personally, the only downside (besides having an incredibly WEAK liche priest) ... is putting them together... when I first started, I was like, "YES! I'VE FINALLY FINISHED A WHOLE REGIMENT OF SKELLIES!!!!" so I put them together again. and again.... sigh. Naw, I like carrion quite a bit... I really like the Tomb Kings Spells. "My will be done!" is awesome. Just like vampire counts.... there's this break in points from like, 1000 to 2000, that they completely suck in... Not as bad for TK tho. This guy I once played hecka cheated with Khorne... he gave EVERY SINGLE MODEL IN HIS ARMY the mark of khorne... you know marauders cant have that... and he said the mark of Khorne gave all his units 4+ ward.... so I was like, "whatever. this guy must not know a lot about Fantasy." I ran a High Liche Priest in 500 points... And I still lost... though my scorpion alone took out a regiment of 5 Chaos Chosen Knights with the Mark of Khorne, and a 4+ invulnerable...... That's when I really began to like Tomb Kings.
Dude thats why the rule books are made mostly hard cover. So you can take them & hit em over the head with the rules & tell them to go make a hot cup of coco & read their rules well  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:06 am
ubergeist
I'm considering starting tomb kings but I've heard a lot of conflicting views. My main foes are skaven and lizardmen and spposedly they're bad against both, I checked the GW site and it seems to me they are pretty crappy, but decent if you throw enough incantations at them. I'm thinking about getting the battallion ( 3 chariots, 8 horsemen, 16 archers, 16 regular skeletons) and a couple liche priests and using a proxy tomb prince. Is this a bad idea? It seems that they're an army I'd like the flavour and playstyle of, unlike every other army...
pretty much they hate everone nagash and settra hate. so that chaos,scaven,dwafts,vampires(espeical lamia)and lizzardmen  

lightandshadow13

Loserville2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:43 am
lightandshadow13
ubergeist
I'm considering starting tomb kings but I've heard a lot of conflicting views. My main foes are skaven and lizardmen and spposedly they're bad against both, I checked the GW site and it seems to me they are pretty crappy, but decent if you throw enough incantations at them. I'm thinking about getting the battallion ( 3 chariots, 8 horsemen, 16 archers, 16 regular skeletons) and a couple liche priests and using a proxy tomb prince. Is this a bad idea? It seems that they're an army I'd like the flavour and playstyle of, unlike every other army...
Yes they are a weak army but trust me they have scared a couple of my friends, I even killed a group of orges, I still lost but I killed a group of iron guts and a bruser I think and I did it with my group of chariots, not only that I ran over a group of chosen knights (undivided) both times they had a fully tooled out Tomb king but man chariots are awesome. If you do play TK then you can't play a small game since they are not very good at small games.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 pm
eldin706
ubergeist
Yes they are a weak army but trust me they have scared a couple of my friends, I even killed a group of orges, I still lost but I killed a group of iron guts and a bruser I think and I did it with my group of chariots, not only that I ran over a group of chosen knights (undivided) both times they had a fully tooled out Tomb king but man chariots are awesome. If you do play TK then you can't play a small game since they are not very good at small games.
Hm... that's likely what I'd be playing. Any reasons why they suck at this level?  

ubergeist

Daicon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:16 pm
ubergeist
eldin706
ubergeist
Hm... that's likely what I'd be playing. Any reasons why they suck at this level?

Well, as those were my Ogres he was talking about, and I always beat him in lower points games, I'll tell you.

For one thing, the TK army is almost completely dependant on their Magic Phase, which can be shut down by any army with a decent magical defense. Your incantations are vital to the success rate of your army and any plans you may have. One dispelled incantation can ruin a turn, or even a game for you. In low points games, that is terrible, because you generally can't afford many characters.

Furthermore, some of your best units, the light chariots, can't be taken in abundance in these lower point games. This hurts you, considering a well directed chariot charge can easily win combats.

Combine all this with the generally inferior nature of undead, and you get one hell of a challenging army to play with in a lower point scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:31 pm
Daicon
ubergeist
eldin706
ubergeist

Well, as those were my Ogres he was talking about, and I always beat him in lower points games, I'll tell you.

For one thing, the TK army is almost completely dependant on their Magic Phase, which can be shut down by any army with a decent magical defense. Your incantations are vital to the success rate of your army and any plans you may have. One dispelled incantation can ruin a turn, or even a game for you. In low points games, that is terrible, because you generally can't afford many characters.

Furthermore, some of your best units, the light chariots, can't be taken in abundance in these lower point games. This hurts you, considering a well directed chariot charge can easily win combats.

Combine all this with the generally inferior nature of undead, and you get one hell of a challenging army to play with in a lower point scenario.
Hmmm. I was under the impression that their chariots and horsemen were okay ( good but not as good as other chariots/horsemen) I understand that the skellies suck and you need to use incatiations to get extra moves and atttacks. Do you have to use a tomb king/prince or could I just load up on priests?  

ubergeist

Daicon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:10 pm
ubergeist
Daicon
ubergeist
eldin706
ubergeist

Hmmm. I was under the impression that their chariots and horsemen were okay ( good but not as good as other chariots/horsemen) I understand that the skellies suck and you need to use incatiations to get extra moves and atttacks. Do you have to use a tomb king/prince or could I just load up on priests?

In all normal games, a Tomb Kings army must have two characters, a Tomb King or Prince to be the general, and a Liche High Priest or Liche Priest to be your Hierophant. That's just one more reason Tomb Kings get hurt in lower point games, you're spending at least 200 points or so on characters right off the bat.

The Tomb Kings chariots are generally inferior to normal chariots, but they make up for it in the sense that they are the only army in which it is possible to have units of the sucks. Having three chariots bash into the side of a unit, each one causing D3 impact hits, can ruin a whole flank of an army if you time it right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:30 pm
I must admit I was surprised but I actually saw a Tomb Kings army beginning to actually function more appropriately. eldin706 keep trying strategies that involve you not charging recklessly forward.

From seeing them played on the field, I can safely say, Tomb Kings are an anti-war machine army. With their "It came from below..." rules you can position them anywhere on the field, and come out and charge, devasting especially to crew. Tomb Scorpians are nasty little critters and are the bane of tough and well-armoured opponents. They get both poisoned and killing blow attacks. Those can cause some havocs amoungst the ranks, granted they won't win, but they serve as a good distraction, which allows other units to get into a more favourable condition.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:16 pm
EliotJamesRookwood
I must admit I was surprised but I actually saw a Tomb Kings army beginning to actually function more appropriately. eldin706 keep trying strategies that involve you not charging recklessly forward.

From seeing them played on the field, I can safely say, Tomb Kings are an anti-war machine army. With their "It came from below..." rules you can position them anywhere on the field, and come out and charge, devasting especially to crew. Tomb Scorpians are nasty little critters and are the bane of tough and well-armoured opponents. They get both poisoned and killing blow attacks. Those can cause some havocs amoungst the ranks, granted they won't win, but they serve as a good distraction, which allows other units to get into a more favourable condition.

This would explain why that Dwarves player got his a** kicked so bad...  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:59 pm
nadescaflowne
Such is playing Warhammer for over 9 years o.O; I started just under a year before they released edition 5 of Warhammer I think it was. Most my armies are fairly small or I have the models but not painted though o.x; The undead is what I started on and so that's what I have the most of, both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as it was before they split them. It was fun back then having units of Wraiths and the like XO And I really think they should bring back Nagash, preferabley with a less happy smiley model o.<; I mean if Chaos and Empire can have rules to field their 'gods' so should the undead >/

Nagash had a model eek . I really did not know that. I reckon they should make a model of Neferata (Yes I know she would be a VC model) then you can have a match between her and Queen Khalida.  

Masada

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:53 pm
Masada
nadescaflowne
Such is playing Warhammer for over 9 years o.O; I started just under a year before they released edition 5 of Warhammer I think it was. Most my armies are fairly small or I have the models but not painted though o.x; The undead is what I started on and so that's what I have the most of, both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts as it was before they split them. It was fun back then having units of Wraiths and the like XO And I really think they should bring back Nagash, preferabley with a less happy smiley model o.<; I mean if Chaos and Empire can have rules to field their 'gods' so should the undead >/

Nagash had a model eek . I really did not know that. I reckon they should make a model of Neferata (Yes I know she would be a VC model) then you can have a match between her and Queen Khalida.

They did make a model of Neferata.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:48 pm
Yeah dude... its actually on the GW website in the Vampire Count section if you want to check it out...  

EliotJamesRookwood

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:35 am
I heard Tomb Kings magic doesn't use power dice. Is this true?

If so, how does Tomb Kings magic work?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:56 am
Lethkhar

Yep, that's true. Real pain in the a** too. Basically all their spells have a power level based on who's casting it. Tomb Princes cast at a level of D6, while the High Liche Priests cast at 3D6. Whatever they roll is what you're dispelling against. No Miscasts, no Irrisistable Force, and a guarenteed cast once your opponenet is out of dice. Only downside is they HAVE to cast spells in a specific order. Starting with the Tomb Prince and working your way to the Hierophant, finishing with the Casket. If you miss ANY of those steps you can't go back, and if an ally casts spells after you've started you're magic is done.  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:14 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar

Yep, that's true. Real pain in the a** too. Basically all their spells have a power level based on who's casting it. Tomb Princes cast at a level of D6, while the High Liche Priests cast at 3D6. Whatever they roll is what you're dispelling against. No Miscasts, no Irrisistable Force, and a guarenteed cast once your opponenet is out of dice. Only downside is they HAVE to cast spells in a specific order. Starting with the Tomb Prince and working your way to the Hierophant, finishing with the Casket. If you miss ANY of those steps you can't go back, and if an ally casts spells after you've started you're magic is done.

So you can still dispel it?  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces