Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Beastmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:02 pm
By far one of the most useful things about the beastmen is ambush. I play a Khorne army, and I often include a couple large units of beastmen as my special choice to get rid of those pesky war machines and archers. If that isn't enough, furies can always finish the job biggrin

Not to mention Morghur kicks a**. If you field an army with beastmen and morghur, then surround him with a few small units of ungor-heavy beast herds, those 5-point ungors often become 60-point chaos spawns! You get more for your points. I played against my friend (who plays wood elves, who hate beastmen, ouch!) with a beastmen army with morghur (it was part of a campaign. Normally I don't use a full beastmen army) and that effect was what won me the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:46 pm
Lethkhar
By far one of the most useful things about the beastmen is ambush. I play a Khorne army, and I often include a couple large units of beastmen as my special choice to get rid of those pesky war machines and archers. If that isn't enough, furies can always finish the job biggrin

Not to mention Morghur kicks a**. If you field an army with beastmen and morghur, then surround him with a few small units of ungor-heavy beast herds, those 5-point ungors often become 60-point chaos spawns! You get more for your points. I played against my friend (who plays wood elves, who hate beastmen, ouch!) with a beastmen army with morghur (it was part of a campaign. Normally I don't use a full beastmen army) and that effect was what won me the game.

You should try morghur with a christload of Chaos Hounds around him if you like that....The Beastmen are really good  

Jerhien

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:22 pm
Good idea. I can't believe I didn't think of chaos hounds.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:13 pm
I'd like to play these guys because they look sweet, but there's some things I need to know.

Are they as cheap ( points wise) as they seem? ON the GW site under the
"building a core army" thing it looks like ungors are 1.5 points!

Also, what are good strategies/units to use against lizardmen and skaven ( my main foes).  

ubergeist

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:53 pm
ubergeist
I'd like to play these guys because they look sweet, but there's some things I need to know.

Also, what are good strategies/units to use against lizardmen and skaven ( my main foes).

Point-wise, they're not bad. 4 points for ungors and 7 for gors I believe (Augh, I can't find my army book again! gonk )

Lizardmen? They're pretty costly in points, aren't they?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Lethkhar
ubergeist

Point-wise, they're not bad. 4 points for ungors and 7 for gors I believe (Augh, I can't find my army book again! gonk )

Lizardmen? They're pretty costly in points, aren't they?

That makes more sense, thanks. Yeah, lizardmen are expensive and pretty crappy as I see it. I usually use dryads and they can usually school a unit of saurus. I really like the idea of beastmen though , and I think I'll get some this weekend.  

ubergeist

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:53 pm
Ok, got it. The Gors (the big medicre warriors that fight in the front line) are 7 points and the Ungors (The little weaklings with spears that sit in the back and poke people's eyes out) are 4 points each. Most of their core units are pretty cheap, 4-12 points and an 85-point chariot (that's pretty cheap for a chariot. Chaos Warrior chariots are 120 points). Hell, a Beastlord isn't even 100 points (without extra equipment, of course)! You get into special units, and things become more pricy, 17-55 points. But most of these things cause fear and are pretty powerful. They're good, solid monsters to back up your countless herd. The most expensive thing in the beastmen list, by far, is the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, at 295 points. And this baby deals some real damage.
Beastmen are also cool because they can have a giant. Giants are so much fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:10 am
Cool, thanks. That means I should expect to get about 140 points out of a box of guys. I think I'll just start off with a beast box and the army book, see what i like and go from there. I want to get a couple of brey-shamans and have a tzeench army... Thanks again.  

ubergeist

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:18 pm
Sweet, I never see Tzeentch beastmen armies. That'll be cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:24 am
I might have some hordes of chaos too, they seem pretty sweet.  

ubergeist

grymlog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:49 am
Drachyench_The_Eternal
BaneTheSlayer
I'm going to start a BOC army and I need some help putting to gether a Anti- High Elf / ANti Lizard Men army (( Yes I am the Evil one of my friends *Evil grin)) I'm going to at least get the army book this weekend.

Well, beware of a 2nd Generation Slaan, especially in 2,000 points games and with Lore of the Heavans, the fact that you're mostly skirmishers won't help there.

who says lizard players use a slann? a old-blood on a carnauasur is nasty to. i have seen a carnausaur killed a dragon ogre shaggot in 1 turn  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:46 pm
grymlog
Drachyench_The_Eternal
BaneTheSlayer
I'm going to start a BOC army and I need some help putting to gether a Anti- High Elf / ANti Lizard Men army (( Yes I am the Evil one of my friends *Evil grin)) I'm going to at least get the army book this weekend.

Well, beware of a 2nd Generation Slaan, especially in 2,000 points games and with Lore of the Heavans, the fact that you're mostly skirmishers won't help there.

who says lizard players use a slann? a old-blood on a carnauasur is nasty to. i have seen a carnausaur killed a dragon ogre shaggot in 1 turn

Here's why:

Every single time I've played against a Lizardmen army with a Slaan, I've lost.

Every single time I've played against a Lizardmen army without a Slaan, I've won.

That's a fact.  

Lethkhar

grymlog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:34 am
Lethkhar
grymlog
Drachyench_The_Eternal
BaneTheSlayer

Here's why:

Every single time I've played against a Lizardmen army without a Slaan, I've won.

wel i ave played with both and won
That's a fact.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:25 pm
grymlog
Lethkhar
grymlog
Drachyench_The_Eternal
BaneTheSlayer

Here's why:

That's a fact.

Wonderful.

I didn't say it was impossible, I'm just saying that, considering that Slaan are the best wizards in the game, it seems only logical to use one.  

Lethkhar

grymlog

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:56 am
Lethkhar
grymlog
Lethkhar
grymlog
Drachyench_The_Eternal
BaneTheSlayer

Here's why:

That's a fact.

Wonderful.

I didn't say it was impossible, I'm just saying that, considering that Slaan are the best wizards in the game, it seems only logical to use one.

well i have had one time some one used a slann and he didnt cast a thing..... xd

i think if you use magic in warhammer that u must really trust on luck  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces