Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KyotoYakimino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:12 am
Angelic_Executioner
Are pegasus knights any good?

Yes, pegasus knights are very good, best at taking out war machines and skirmishing units, though.
Also, they are incredibly good flankers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:15 pm
KyotoYakimino
Heh, of course, excluding special characters.
So far my Lord on horseback with the little combo I introduced earlier has never been beat in one-on-one.
Mostly he duells elves and saurus, once a chaos lord.
Like I said, he has never lost.
My friends have tried to kill him with every tooled out character, but he won't die.
Of course, Archaon would slaughter him...or Tyrion...

The chaos lord probably wasn't equipped very well. Had it been me, your Lord would've died, end of story. No matter what. I would've avoided him until he was weakened enough to use my lovely Khorne lord and his wonderful weapons that would leave you lord sniveling on the ground. BTW is his Ld 10?  

Lethkhar

hotwaxonlobsters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:52 pm
On what can I mount my Bretonian lord, besides a warhorse?

I am curios, and lack the books to tell me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:19 pm
hotwaxonlobsters

He can also be on a Hippogriph or a Royal Pegasus.

While we're on the topic, could someone PLEASE explain to me how someone playing a Bretonian Royal Air Force has gone undefeated and easily taken the top rank on our leader board? I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it... I play Empire, and as far as I can tell Pegasus Knights really aren't that great. And one of my friends who play Bretonians says there's no hidden secrets behind such an army. What am I missing?  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:28 pm
Everlasting Chaos
hotwaxonlobsters

While we're on the topic, could someone PLEASE explain to me how someone playing a Bretonian Royal Air Force has gone undefeated and easily taken the top rank on our leader board? I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it... I play Empire, and as far as I can tell Pegasus Knights really aren't that great. And one of my friends who play Bretonians says there's no hidden secrets behind such an army. What am I missing?

Uber-high movement?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:52 pm
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
hotwaxonlobsters

Uber-high movement?
Tactics?  

Reddemon

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:44 pm
Reddemon
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
hotwaxonlobsters

Uber-high movement?
Tactics?

Oh, wait, I got it...Maybe tactics that involve using a pegasus's uber-high movement!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:04 pm
Lethkhar
Reddemon
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
hotwaxonlobsters

Uber-high movement?
Tactics?

Oh, wait, I got it...Maybe tactics that involve using a pegasus's uber-high movement!
xd If that's the case a good anti-flanking setup would fix that easily enough... See, I have a bit of a problem with the guy who plays this army. When we first met I kinda loudly thought about how I think a good well-placed helblaster would take out anything he could dish out. Long story short I said things regarding me not being afraid of Pegasus Knights repeatedly. xd And now I know he's the undefeated champ... sweatdrop  

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:55 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Reddemon
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
hotwaxonlobsters

Uber-high movement?
Tactics?

xd If that's the case a good anti-flanking setup would fix that easily enough... See, I have a bit of a problem with the guy who plays this army. When we first met I kinda loudly thought about how I think a good well-placed helblaster would take out anything he could dish out. Long story short I said things regarding me not being afraid of Pegasus Knights repeatedly. xd And now I know he's the undefeated champ... sweatdrop

lol, don't worry. I've done that before. I don't really know how pegasi tactics work, but I'm assuming it's got to do with them having flying.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:45 pm
That is exactly what they are used for, they are knight who are on pegasi with movement 20" so they can charge anything they want and get around anything they want so you have you army attack, have them fly over and flank or rear charge a unit in combat so then that unit is screwed.  

Loserville2

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:30 pm
Anyone have any idea what a good Militia horde would do to a Royal Air Force? I'm kinda considering the idea that if I choke the battlefield with units his ability to fly won't really help him much...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:20 pm
I think I would use tough units that can stand a charge. Face it, you'll get outmaneuvered no matter what you do. But if they have no choice about what they charge then they're forced to charge something like, say, a unit of 30 chosen chaos warriors.  

Lethkhar

Loserville2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:57 am
You cannot force a unit that has flying to charge anything, if the user is smart he won't put his pegasus warriors where they can be hurt, all he has to do is put them in the middle of his table and once you two are done deployment he can move them to where he would need them. The wonders of flying units.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:40 pm
eldin706
You cannot force a unit that has flying to charge anything, if the user is smart he won't put his pegasus warriors where they can be hurt, all he has to do is put them in the middle of his table and once you two are done deployment he can move them to where he would need them. The wonders of flying units.

That's what I'm saying. If my entire army consists of chosen chaos warriors and his pegasus knights, who's he gonna charge? He has no option but to charge my soldiers and get slaughtered. Unless pegasus knights are long-range, I doubt he would stand a chance.

But then again he IS the champion...  

Lethkhar

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:19 pm
Lethkhar
eldin706

That's what I'm saying. If my entire army consists of chosen chaos warriors and his pegasus knights, who's he gonna charge? He has no option but to charge my soldiers and get slaughtered. Unless pegasus knights are long-range, I doubt he would stand a chance.

But then again he IS the champion...

Bloody hell, your Chaos Warriors. The Pegasus Knights and you have the same toughness, except they get strength 5 on the charge. They have one extra wound, and of course will always be charging you essentially. If you want to drop something nasty on them, take the Nurgle Mark, and use death magic. If your lucky and get the Doom and Darkness spell, you can force him to take the all important leadership test to charge your precious units, and fail, especially if its at Ld 5 instead of the normal 8. Thats my advice. If they are too afraid to charge you they really aren't worth the pts value. Plus if you can outnumber his unit, they will outbreak if you win.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff