Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:18 am
I believe lizard men salamanders are one of the best war-machines.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:27 am
blowpipe circumstances given: ....wtf....

A = X skinks
B = rank and file block
C = MI
D= NI
I = turns to move in / 2
M = (1/12.X)+Q
N = (1/18.X)+Q
Q = 1/6.X
S = 6-I
Y = 1/3.X

say you have A, who with there move 6 move around B, and shoot 1 time at B with X they then hit Y times, of which Q are on sixes. Asuming B is toughness 3, they wound M times, should it however be toughness 4 they wound N times. Asuming they do this every turn they can do this S turns
they will then wound C times if toughness 3
or D times if toughness 4

-----------------------------------------
doesnt mean s**t, they distract the enemy and negate marching, they shouldnt be taken to take down stuff in the first place, therefor minimum equipment would be best IMO.

the calculations were made up by boredom -.-''  

Seraphine-Exalted

Jerhien

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:42 am
When you're making a point it's customary to back it up with evidence (at least if you want your point to be taken seriously) and when you're talking about a comparison between two weapons in this game you look at there battlefield efficiency.
When you're playing Warhammer at the competitive level you need to counter balance the effectiveness of every unit in your army in terms of points cost against victory points made. You'll make more points back using javelins and they're just as effective at harassing and slowing your enemies march...I don't put points into a unit to just throw it away. If it can't get it's points back, or set up the rest of my army to do so I probably won't take it.
And for what it's worth skinks can VERY well be used to cause damage to your enemy, if you've ever seen someone who knows what they're doing playing the Southlands list you'll understand.
And by the way, it is minimum equipment, and costs them nothing extra to take javelins/shields. Skinks are 6 points per model for either weapon choice.
Every chance to damage your opponent means something, either psychologically or on the battlefield.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:44 am
Jerhien
When you're making a point it's customary to back it up with evidence (at least if you want your point to be taken seriously) and when you're talking about a comparison between two weapons in this game you look at there battlefield efficiency.
When you're playing Warhammer at the competitive level you need to counter balance the effectiveness of every unit in your army in terms of points cost against victory points made. You'll make more points back using javelins and they're just as effective at harassing and slowing your enemies march...I don't put points into a unit to just throw it away. If it can't get it's points back, or set up the rest of my army to do so I probably won't take it.
And for what it's worth skinks can VERY well be used to cause damage to your enemy, if you've ever seen someone who knows what they're doing playing the Southlands list you'll understand.
And by the way, it is minimum equipment, and costs them nothing extra to take javelins/shields. Skinks are 6 points per model for either weapon choice.
Every chance to damage your opponent means something, either psychologically or on the battlefield.

meh was kinda bored, and my point was that there was to much calculus, statisticly that was correct, but in life it would never occur  

Seraphine-Exalted

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:49 am
18 skinks with blowguns can take out a 205-point giant.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:51 am
Yeah that was my point, that in any real battlefield circumstance the javelin will outperform the blowpipe. Anyway, the points been made and I'm done with it, sooooooo.....
Yeah the Salamanders are really cool, I'm trying to build an effective 2000 point list where I can use 6 of them, just for fun. I also really like the stegadon!  

Jerhien

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:56 am
Jerhien
Yeah that was my point, that in any real battlefield circumstance the javelin will outperform the blowpipe. Anyway, the points been made and I'm done with it, sooooooo.....
Yeah the Salamanders are really cool, I'm trying to build an effective 2000 point list where I can use 6 of them, just for fun. I also really like the stegadon!

i played alot a times against lizzies, mostly with alot of succes, but when i encountered a guy who used to stegadons on one flank i did had a problem... if only he would have known i countered him by putting 2 hellblasters there -.-''. 1 stegadon = cool, 2 = great, 2 on 1 flank just sux (no this isnt going anywere)

Anyways, salamanders are really cool, is is like 3 for one rare choice or so, and if so, how many pts are they?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:53 pm
yeah it's 3/1 rare choice at 65 points per model.  

Jerhien

Traitor Jacknife

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:23 pm
Blowpipes are move-and-shoot so you can move 12" then shoot 12" giving skinks and effective range of 24". Even with the -1 for moving still gives you a good chance of hitting a decent amount of times.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:19 pm
Traitor Jacknife
Blowpipes are move-and-shoot so you can move 12" then shoot 12" giving skinks and effective range of 24". Even with the -1 for moving still gives you a good chance of hitting a decent amount of times.

no shooting after marching  

Seraphine-Exalted

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:38 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

Fast Calvary Can...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:03 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

Fast Calvary Can...

since when are skinks cavalry?  

Seraphine-Exalted

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

Fast Calvary Can...

I never said they were....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:18 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

Fast Calvary Can...

then how is this relevant?  

Seraphine-Exalted

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:19 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Seraphine-Exalted
Traitor Jacknife

Fast Calvary Can...

then how is this relevant?

You said, "No shooting after marching."  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers