Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Controling spells Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:57 am
phoenix_shadowwolf
Sivirs
Is it the assumption that there's only one kind of love spell and it requires making a judgment-impaired zombie? There are spells that will completely disable (or at least sufficiently weaken) someone's free will and good judgment until they'll be with you, but there are also drugs, and cunning manipulations and lies, that will achieve the same goal.
the drugs are illegal.

Alchohol isn't. How many times has a prospective lady friend been invited out by a man for a few drinks? How many times do men buy drinks for the ladies they later end up sleeping with? I know it happens here a hell of a lot...

I noticed your point about influence not being the same as control. But that's not to say that all 'love spells' or what have you are controlling. I tend to think of it more like influence, where you're giving them a nudge in the direction you want them to go. How hard of a nudge you use is entirely up to you...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 am
missmagpie
phoenix_shadowwolf
Sivirs
Is it the assumption that there's only one kind of love spell and it requires making a judgment-impaired zombie? There are spells that will completely disable (or at least sufficiently weaken) someone's free will and good judgment until they'll be with you, but there are also drugs, and cunning manipulations and lies, that will achieve the same goal.
the drugs are illegal.

Alchohol isn't. How many times has a prospective lady friend been invited out by a man for a few drinks? How many times do men buy drinks for the ladies they later end up sleeping with? I know it happens here a hell of a lot...
that could border on date rape though.

missmagpie
I noticed your point about influence not being the same as control. But that's not to say that all 'love spells' or what have you are controlling. I tend to think of it more like influence, where you're giving them a nudge in the direction you want them to go. How hard of a nudge you use is entirely up to you...
i was given an example of certain love spells as control spells. seriously, i couldn't come up with any good examples of specifically only control spells, other than some pretty extreme love/friendship spells.

by no means am i trying to impy that all love/friendship spells are controlling. i'm sorry if i gave that impression.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:20 pm
phoenix shadowwolf
but i dont see charm = control. i see charm as an influencing agent.
wink There's your problem Love. Take a hard look at what charm means.

phoenix shadowwolf
missmagpie
phoenix_shadowwolf
Sivirs
the drugs are illegal.

that could border on date rape though.
Only if the person is unable to consent.

And even then, it is only wrong within the Law and individual moral systems- either way, you are still sacrificing one free will for another.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff