Reply Come Back Mero <33
mac virus - update your mac software Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

electropoisonwaves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:21 pm
I need to get another laptop, but I want to stick with the PCs even though they do kind of suck. Which ones suck the least, in your opinion?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm
Existential Existence
see u next tuesday
Existential Existence
see u next tuesday
Macs aren't virus-free, there is just no anti-virus software for mac that reports running viruses. That Macs are safe from malware is a myth; there is already a crapton of malware targeting Macs that exist with more being created all the time. Owning a mac to avoid getting viruses is like cutting your d**k off to avoid getting AIDS

neutral

It's still way easier to get a virus on a PC than a Mac. it's like, using birth control vs using a broken condom to avoid getting BABIES.

With the broken condom being the Mac, right

talk2hand the other way around wahmbulance

I'm not going to hijack this with PC v Mac s**t I'm just going to shut up. But I think you're wrong and quite possibly brainwashed

emotion_c8  

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:38 pm
see u next tuesday
Existential Existence
see u next tuesday
Existential Existence
see u next tuesday
Macs aren't virus-free, there is just no anti-virus software for mac that reports running viruses. That Macs are safe from malware is a myth; there is already a crapton of malware targeting Macs that exist with more being created all the time. Owning a mac to avoid getting viruses is like cutting your d**k off to avoid getting AIDS

neutral

It's still way easier to get a virus on a PC than a Mac. it's like, using birth control vs using a broken condom to avoid getting BABIES.

With the broken condom being the Mac, right

talk2hand the other way around wahmbulance

I'm not going to hijack this with PC v Mac s**t I'm just going to shut up. But I think you're wrong and quite possibly brainwashed

emotion_c8

hell no man. i used to be a mac hater.

until i was forced to get a mac cool  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:43 pm
electropoisonwaves
I need to get another laptop, but I want to stick with the PCs even though they do kind of suck. Which ones suck the least, in your opinion?

IDK....i think it depends on what you do with your laptop. e.g. is it for recreation/playing games or for study/work?

also take into consideration the microsoft windows incompatibility and it might strike out macs for you, unless you use some mirror system (forgot what it was called...but it lets you use windows software on a mac..however, i hear it is fairly slow).

i'm not big on learning laptop types so IDK which ones would suck the least.  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 am
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
and macs are supposedly virus-free

LOL SOMEONE HAD A LOT OF TIME ON THEIR HANDS

/sits with my PCs that have never gotten viruses since I've owned them :V
thisthisthisss

now what is the pro of having a mac? :'D

i like the interface.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 am
Existential Existence

Pretty much the same for me. I kept turning everyone down who was pushing Macs on me, them telling me how after going Mac you'd never want to go back to PC, and I kept bringing up compatibility issues and such into my argument. Then after a year of trying to find a PC laptop I liked, I gave up and finally got a MacBook.

It's so pretty. emotion_kirakira
I'd love to be able to bring up specs and discuss the benefits properly, but I've never been very computer savvy. All I know is that I've had problems with other computers, and none with this machine.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:52 am
Chixen
Existential Existence

Pretty much the same for me. I kept turning everyone down who was pushing Macs on me, them telling me how after going Mac you'd never want to go back to PC, and I kept bringing up compatibility issues and such into my argument. Then after a year of trying to find a PC laptop I liked, I gave up and finally got a MacBook.

It's so pretty. emotion_kirakira
I'd love to be able to bring up specs and discuss the benefits properly, but I've never been very computer savvy. All I know is that I've had problems with other computers, and none with this machine.

me too emotion_kirakira

i'm not much of a computer person. as long as it works and doesn't give me any trouble (e.g. internet noticeably slows after a couple months of use, broken things, patchy screen, battery not lasting as long as it used to, constantly running virus checks and trying to figure out which program is best for checking viruses) it's fine to me. but the mac has been a very good experience for me so far aka I haven't encountered any of those problems like I would've with a PC laptop. i haven't had the need to use my apple care thing either....which actually, sort of sucks since you have to pay for that insurance and it expires after a while XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:59 am
bedsick
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
and macs are supposedly virus-free

LOL SOMEONE HAD A LOT OF TIME ON THEIR HANDS

/sits with my PCs that have never gotten viruses since I've owned them :V
thisthisthisss

now what is the pro of having a mac? :'D

i like the interface.
It's funny because I find the interface nigh unbearable xD yeah, it's shiny and slick looking but so is my gateway comp.

I had to use a mac last year for graphic design. it was awful. did not enjoy :'(

the only thing i would like about having a mac is the ability to see thumbnails of photoshop files.  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am
Existential Existence
i'm not much of a computer person. as long as it works and doesn't give me any trouble (e.g. internet noticeably slows after a couple months of use, broken things, patchy screen, battery not lasting as long as it used to, constantly running virus checks and trying to figure out which program is best for checking viruses) it's fine to me. but the mac has been a very good experience for me so far aka I haven't encountered any of those problems like I would've with a PC laptop. i haven't had the need to use my apple care thing either....which actually, sort of sucks since you have to pay for that insurance and it expires after a while XD
I never bought Apple Care, but I'm still under warranty until the summer. I wonder if I should even bother looking into that. Yeah, as long as it works smoothly and is uncomplicated, I'm happy. I just feel silly now about how against Macs I was before, regurgitating the common arguments against them I picked up from other PC users, without trying them out first.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am
The only -real- argument I have against macs is that they're too expensive lol  

Day7

Aged Gaian

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 am
Prince Ichi
lmao guys

guys

I go to an art school where 80% of the computer labs are Macs, except for the DMC (digital media center), because they can't handle the rendering software I use in my major, let alone open photoshop fast enough.

and gaming on a mac

HAHA
HA

HAHAHAAAA
LOL i just saw this

actually

where did the "macs are for creative purposes" thing come from anyway?

it is just cause of programs it comes with?

or is it actually because of the way it is.

when i used a mac in graphics, it did the job fine
but i would always freeze it cause i tried to open too many programs at once :blush:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
lmao guys

guys

I go to an art school where 80% of the computer labs are Macs, except for the DMC (digital media center), because they can't handle the rendering software I use in my major, let alone open photoshop fast enough.

and gaming on a mac

HAHA
HA

HAHAHAAAA
LOL i just saw this

actually

but i would always freeze it cause i tried to open too many programs at once :blush:
UNIX-based systems can supposedly crunch numbers faster than your usual Windows system. Being able to crunch numbers "faster" allows for a quicker and more precise calculation when it comes to putting red next to green, or some s**t like that. tbqh they are hyped s**t that people will pay for because it looks nice.

or some s**t like that  

User 4385700

Tipsy Pirate

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 pm
Chixen
Existential Existence
I never bought Apple Care, but I'm still under warranty until the summer. I wonder if I should even bother looking into that. Yeah, as long as it works smoothly and is uncomplicated, I'm happy. I just feel silly now about how against Macs I was before, regurgitating the common arguments against them I picked up from other PC users, without trying them out first.

a lot of people recommend it but IDK. my brother has had to send his in a couple of times but he's a dude and even managed to spill drink on my favorite book the one time i loaned it to him ;D...my sis only had to get hers fixed once for a minor problem a year or so into using hers.

i take pretty good care of my stuff, but you never know. i plan on using this thing until it dies (not going to buy anything new for a while) so it's useful for me to have apple care as insurance.

i mean, if you think something's going to break down with your laptop in the next 2 years (or, by 2014) then get it, because trying to get something repaired will probably cost $100+ anyway. it's really a gamble though.

I think apple care is around $249-349? If you're a student though sometimes they'll have discounts for apple care for ~$100 off the regular price.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 pm
Existential Existence
Hmm, good to know. I take good care of my things and have a keyboard protector to help with spillage, so I'm not overly worried. But I might as well take a look at it. Luckily there's a shop that fixes apple computers close to where I live too.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
lmao guys

guys

and gaming on a mac

HAHA
HA

HAHAHAAAA
LOL i just saw this

actually

I don't even know, but I've had several debates with classmates and usually they fall short after the "well it comes with the programs!!" part

or some hipster bullshit.

idk I've had my laptop for a year and a half now and the only "threat" my anti-virus/spyware has found was skyrim LOL  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff