Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Customers from hell? How about them Cashiers? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:58 pm
Yeata Zi
Also, recently some woman beat her toddler in front of me in the store. That was absolutely horrid.

I saw a woman outside Poundland blow smoke in the face of her toddler to "discipline her"...it was horrid.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm
Dickie Twinkles
Yeata Zi
Also, recently some woman beat her toddler in front of me in the store. That was absolutely horrid.

I saw a woman outside Poundland blow smoke in the face of her toddler to "discipline her"...it was horrid.
Parents are horrid.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:16 pm
Tezca Frost
Teh Savior
if you want to see customer service done right
you should totally go try shopping at home depot
I work at a home depot, and sometimes am a cashier [when needed they drag me out of the back from fixing things] I can say with certainty last night at our store disagree's with that statement.

From Last night example:
We had no help on the floor basically[due to this broken new computer placement system called FAST AKA the dumbest customer service idea ever]; and I told people it would be a few was trying to obtain people to help there were TEN people waiting for some help for about 30 minutes. Some of these items could only be picked up with a forklift due to being entire pallets worth of items. We had no one on the busiest night and I was the ONLY cashier so could not leave. One customer even came inside [mind you this person had only been waiting for 5minutes and seemed perfectly healthy to help himself he had 5,2x6-12 planks,a package of nails its light stuff] and throws a piece of his lumber I told him to calm down then he throw a box of nails at me and the manager noticed and was calling the cops he ran out immediately after he had thrown the box jumped in his truck and drove the hell off. All his remaining items were still outside. My anger was at the highest I think I've had it in years.
After another twenty minutes passes finally three employs came to help load up people, The head cashier finally stops sitting on her butt just chitchatting at returns and told me to go take a break because if someone else had yelled for no reason our thrown something at me last night id probably flip out.

So no as a home depot employ I am saying with 100% certainty that our service is s**t! Also that customers can be the biggest A-holes on earth.

Zi: I hate when that happens seems every time they place me on a register I see this happening once I saw a mother slap the hell out of her kid you could hear a loud pop I wanted call child protection service.
the ones in my town have always been absolutely amazing. sorry yours isn't doing that good.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 pm
Teh Savior
Tezca Frost
Teh Savior
if you want to see customer service done right
you should totally go try shopping at home depot
I work at a home depot, and sometimes am a cashier [when needed they drag me out of the back from fixing things] I can say with certainty last night at our store disagree's with that statement.

From Last night example:
We had no help on the floor basically[due to this broken new computer placement system called FAST AKA the dumbest customer service idea ever]; and I told people it would be a few was trying to obtain people to help there were TEN people waiting for some help for about 30 minutes. Some of these items could only be picked up with a forklift due to being entire pallets worth of items. We had no one on the busiest night and I was the ONLY cashier so could not leave. One customer even came inside [mind you this person had only been waiting for 5minutes and seemed perfectly healthy to help himself he had 5,2x6-12 planks,a package of nails its light stuff] and throws a piece of his lumber I told him to calm down then he throw a box of nails at me and the manager noticed and was calling the cops he ran out immediately after he had thrown the box jumped in his truck and drove the hell off. All his remaining items were still outside. My anger was at the highest I think I've had it in years.
After another twenty minutes passes finally three employs came to help load up people, The head cashier finally stops sitting on her butt just chitchatting at returns and told me to go take a break because if someone else had yelled for no reason our thrown something at me last night id probably flip out.

So no as a home depot employ I am saying with 100% certainty that our service is s**t! Also that customers can be the biggest A-holes on earth.

Zi: I hate when that happens seems every time they place me on a register I see this happening once I saw a mother slap the hell out of her kid you could hear a loud pop I wanted call child protection service.
the ones in my town have always been absolutely amazing. sorry yours isn't doing that good.
I don't know how,but its the exact opposite in sales somehow our little town is outselling Houston/CC/San Antonio and Austin and few in between stores. The service might be crap,but sales somehow are amazing lol  

Troll Djinn

Shapeshifter

Oddchild69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 pm
I work at like a deli/Convenience Store Called Wawa, And let me tell you the customers there are just as rude as some of my co workers and so like intentional I believe!

My first one is I was a minor when I started working so when it was time for me to go I absolutely have to go or my boss and myself can get in trouble for child labor laws. I had my sign up saying I'm closed please go to the next register, so I could drop my money and leave.
Well these people feel that they can't READ and come up after the next customer anyway even though the sign is clearly blocking their path on the counter and it's in BRIGHT
RED Then because I have to serve them because they demand service and won't go to the other two empty lines I have to rush so I don't get in trouble. I am moving as fast as I can but still putting people's things in bags properly not damaging anything. So finally I get my sign in front of me and drop all my money almost having a panic attack and rushing off as the manager yells upset.
I come back the next day and some one had written a letter about me saying that I was very rude, I threw things and papers around, and I didn't treat them right and didn't bag anything properly. and i just looked to my manager and said "That's complete BS" and she agreed with me.

Then I have another woman who had come in with her children. Well the Children come up to me with their things when the store is dead and start talking to me about my co workers, "Isn't it unsanitary to have hair so long in the deli?" To a girl who has her hair tied back and far away from her front. and then talking about a gas worker out side who had his gauges taken out because he wasn't allowed to have them in talking about how he should be fired for how he looks, and i go as I'm ringing them up "It's not polite to talk about others you don't know." Just as I say that their mother comes out of freaking no where going "Did you just call my son rude?! are you serious?" Then after having me ring up all her stuff says that she forgot her money and then went to the car and just left leaving all of her s**t including things she already paid for there.
I could go on about customers forever
Plus I have coworkers who are also just childish and ridiculous and never give a s**t about anything and the moment me someone who never calls out, never says no when I get called in, is always looking for hours, does the slightest mistake I get called out to everybody. even though people go in plane sight on their cell phones chatting away and never get in trouble the moment I go where a customer can't see me and I look at a text my mom sent me I get in all the trouble and treated like I can't be trusted. While all of the childish ******** talk behind every ones back like it's elementary school co workers just get a get out of jail free card and laugh at me.
Seriously I just think I hate people. rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am
I. . . Don't have too many horror stories to share, actually. . But, I can tell you that I'm the kind of person that loves to make people smile. Especially those people who look SO stressed out beyond compare, and would just like to take off their uniform top and just quit right there. . I like to make them laugh, and just do whatever possible to make their day.
Recently I was at the grocery with my sister, and this older gentleman just seemed so irritated by people- I would be too if I were dealing with people who acted like the scum of the earth. So, once he starts ringing up my stuff, I smile and then I noticed he looks like a mixture of Andy Griffith and Barry Bostwick, so I told him so!. . I could tell he didn't want to smile (must've been an image thing), but I could see his smirk- And they are two of my favourite actors, so it was definitely a compliment. After he finished I told him Thank you, and to have a perfect evenning!
One time I was in Barnes & Noble and this poor Cashier lady was just getting bitched at left and right for NO reason. Yes, it was a long line, but last I checked you could check out some of your stuff at Starbuck's- Or on the first floor, mate. But no, these people just chose to make her job harder. So, when it came time to ring me up, I had my card ready, had my stuff ready to go. She was so nice. She really was- And she kinda looked like Rikki Lake. . I love Rikki Lake. . . So, I told her she looked like Rikki Lake and she blushed. We conversed a bit, and then I told her to keep her chin up, and have a great day.
I love putting a smile on people's faces. Especially when they look prettier with a smile on!  

I Sinistro I

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:04 pm
let me tell yall about gilda.

when i worked at a small family owned jewelery store chain in jersey, there was the frequent customer that came in named gilda. she was a black woman, in possibly her mid to late 50s, over weight, who walked with a cane. she may or may not have worn a wig, but at the same time, something like that is none of my business.

what WAS my business, what her ODOR. imagine if you will, the smell of febreeze. know how it smells nice if you're using it sparingly, but if you over do it, you get gassed out by the strong smell? imagine that overpowering smell, and imagine it covering up the smell of BO and dirty clothes that were probably never washed. alternatively, if any of yall use products for damaged, imagine the smell of aphogee plus the smell of febreeze. the second she set foot in the store, her smell would hit me and my coworkers like a sack of bricks.

but in all honestly, gilda was a pretty nice lady. except for one thing she did:

my old jewelery store is well known in the area for specializing in estate jewelery pieces. meaning, people come in to sell their old jewelery, we pick out a few pieces we feel are resalable, clean them up, polish them, and put them in the case. we also do this with pieces that are old and antique, or something that would have no value if it was scrapped for money. because of that, my store was SWIMMING in cameos.

gilda comes in, amd my coworker dora pushes me out from behind the counter and says "you take her jordan, go make a sale" and instantly im like UGH DORA UGH. so. I go help gilda, and she LOOOOVES estate pieces, so im walking with her while she is looking, showing her what she wants to see. Now, this is gilda's wardrobe for the day: a grease stained blue sweatshirt, and green stretchpants, also grease stained. they have that look that old worn clothes get that just make them look faded and gross. and, of course, the smell.

so im being a trooper, talking her up about certain pieces, and later on she ends up buying a lot of what i talk up, and i make a pretty great sale. but she comes to the cameos and decides that she absolutely MUST have one. which is fine, i dont blame her, I really love cameos myself.

she she picks one out, repeating "cameos are so classy and beautiful" over and over again while she goes and takes a seat on one of the chairs we have around the store for customers just like her; customers who really have trouble walkinga nd need to rest for a while. so I bring over the cameo and she pins it on her shirt, right over a grease stain. and she pins it on lopsided and i try, really REALLY try my hardest not to laugh. She says it's classy and it looks classy like her and in my head im going "OH YEAH OK SURE".

but she decides she is finished and buys everything i have in my hands. now this transaction takes place from across the room. meaning I go to the register, and she is still sitting on the chair across the goddamn show room floor. so it takes a little while to get her boxed up, bagged up, and to get her checked out. but that goes smoothly, I give her her items and she hobbles out the door.

that's when i noticed it.

on the chair where she was sitting for a good while, a giant, wet STAIN. and I look at it and so many things are running through my head on WHAT it could possibly be. but the only thing that is in large, blinking, yellow neon lights is "SHE ******** PEED ON THE GODDAMN SEAT"

so i slowly walk over to dora and im like "dora....gilda peed on the seat." and for like 20 minutes we are looking at the pee seat wondering how this could have happened, why this could have happened, why she would have DONE THAT.

eventually we cleaned it up and got it taken care of but holy s**t. gilda why  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 pm
meekstape

Oh. My. ********. God.
THAT RIGHT THERE. is one of the most horrifying stories ever. Why people do that s**t I'll never know... it's not like she couldn't have realized she was peeing.

I wish my fiance was in this guild, I'd try to make him tell the story of the old man that s**t in the bathroom when he worked at a gas station. I believe he still wants to kill that old man.

But, um, here's my poop story...condensed.

So, when I worked at Chuck E. Cheese one of my closing duties was, of course, to clean up the bathrooms. Take out the trash, spray the mirrors and make sure there's nothing on the floor...very basic stuff.

Now, I HATE going in the men's room there. The urinals were always nasty, and I'm NOT trying to walk in on someone pissing there. So I would only go in the men's bathroom after every single customer had left and I'd make sure none of my co-workers were in there. Usually my manager had to harass me to get me in there... and he fights with me to get my a** in the bathroom and clean in.

I walk in, and on the floor directly NEXT to the toilet...is a perfectly laid pile of s**t. One of the ones that looks kind of like diary ice cream...with the little thin piece sticking up on top and wide and round on the bottom. It was at the least an older child's crap. Like, at LEAST six or seven. But most likely it was a teenager or adult judging from the size and god awful smell of it.

So I FLIP s**t on my manager. He goes in and is like "OH, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!" and refuses to clean it. So I had on, like, two pairs of gloves and stuff wrapped around my face and I had a giant wad of paper towels to try and avoid it touching any piece of me.

I eventually got it cleaned up and dealt with...but I vomited in the toilet once in the process. I then flipped on my manager again and refused to so much as ever FLUSH a toilet if it had crap in it after that. I had paid my s**t dues, man.

And unfortunately...as bad as that is......my fiance's Gas Station story with the old man is five times worse than that.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Evil Goth Bunny

Kawaii Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm
Meromictic
Evil Goth Bunny
I haven't had experience with really, really dreadful cashiers. Although there are quite a few in the shops around here who aren't very good at customer service. The kind who stand behind the till talking to the other cashiers and ignoring the customers who are waiting to pay for their stuff. Then when they finally decide that they can spare a couple of minutes to serve the customer, they act as though it is a huge inconvenience. There was one who continued talking to her friend when I was trying to buy things, and didn't even look at me except when she told me how much to pay. Really, I found that quite a bit more annoying than I should have.

Next time you go there and you see it happen, start asking questions.

Like "is this on sale?"

OR "did that ring at the right price? I thought I saw x price on the tag back there"

Any question where they would actually have to pay attention usually works.

I once asked a wal mart cashier what the rate was for their credit card. For shits and giggles.

The deer in headlights look was priceless.

I think that this person would probably have just glared at me and said she didn't know, so there wouldnt have been much point. Also I didnt want to cause any inconvenience. I am far too shy to do anything about rude cashiers cry  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:47 pm
Meromictic
Death Pop
Meromictic
Death Pop
What about the flip side of it? As in, the horror stories of BEING cashiers?

Because I got a few good'uns from when I worked the concession stand at a Regal Movie Theater. Also from Pizza Hut...OH GOD, Taking phone calls at Pizza Hut was the worst.

I b***h about customers all the time though. :x

I figured this would make for a nice change. xd

Well in that case. Don't you love it when people ACT like something isn't possible just because they're lazy? Like, you ask for something with a side of...I dunno...banana sauce or some silly thing that you've done plenty of times before and this ONE person just doesn't want to take the extra minute so they're like "NO, We don't do that."

b***h. They did it last week.

I have that problem with my bank sometimes. Tellers try and tell me I can't do s**t that ALLLLL the other tellers do for me every week. Dumb sluts.

oh yes. omg

I think some of them just don't know wtf they're doing and just say they can't do it.

Because clearly if you haven't heard of it, it means that it doesn't exist at your store.

This reminds me of when I worked at toys r us. This one idiot wouldn't do layaways. Like, legit would tell people no. Why? Because he couldn't be bothered enough to either learn or find someone that knew how. emotion_facepalm

man this reminds me, when i worked at a hotel we were showed a video that TOLD us to make sure to do that stuff for people. it's the basis of good customer service and keeping customers, i.e. offer them extra shampoo if they have a few kids or let them have an extra side of mustard. tbh i really don't get why that ends up as something a lot of companies don't seem to get or do for people.  

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:31 pm
oh yeah when i was at 5 at chuck e. cheese some b***h stole my kissing nala and simba dolls from our table. my dad caught her though and i got then back, god bless you dad.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm
I had gone to a gas station at two in the morning or so for an energy drink, and I go to pay, and as I'm pulling my wallet out, the cashier tells me while giving me a disgusted look, that they don't accept food stamps. No clue where the ******** it came from, since I always paid in cash.
It wouldn't have pissed me off so much if it wasn't for the fact it happened three more times on different days. Same ******** woman, too.  

Monopoly on Truth

Timid Survivor

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 pm
Both cashier and customers can be jerk. People are a** holes no matter what.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Death Pop
meekstape

--

lol, that happens a lot at Subway.

I've informed everyone there that I will vomit and most likely pass out if I come even near feces, so I never have to worry about it. (lol, if I pass out, they are screwed because they need me!) The two boys that work there like to describe the messes to me, but hearing about it doesn't make me vomit. Just....seeing it.

I have no idea why feces make me vomit or pass out. Even animal waste makes me feel queasy. I can deal with cat litter boxes though.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 pm
Eudaemon

lol, that happens a lot at Subway.

I've informed everyone there that I will vomit and most likely pass out if I come even near feces, so I never have to worry about it. (lol, if I pass out, they are screwed because they need me!) The two boys that work there like to describe the messes to me, but hearing about it doesn't make me vomit. Just....seeing it.

I have no idea why feces make me vomit or pass out. Even animal waste makes me feel queasy. I can deal with cat litter boxes though.

I can usually stomach dog or cat poop...especially if it's my pet. And I can handle poop if it's my own...like you know flushing the toilet won't make me queasy or anything.

BUT....OTHER PEOPLE'S waste? Hell to the NO. That is another man's waste. That's gross.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff