• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:09 pm
Death Pop
Yeata Zi
MrsrachaelSnape
Yeata Zi
It's to a point now where if she gets hurt again she pretty much did it to herself. You can only help a person so long.

I dunno... if you know someone is an a** hole who will beat the s**t out of you--why the ******** would you go back to ******** that noise.

Women who get abuse do it all the time, http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-04/health/rihanna.domestic.violence_1_abusive-partner-abusers-and-victims-abusive-relationships?_s=PM:HEALTH
Then they are stupid.

Beat me once, shame on you. Beat me twice, shame on me.

It's easy for a healthy person to say. But most women in abusive relationships are in them because they're NOT healthy. Usually they were abused in some way as children and that's all they know and how they were raised. So they believe they earned it, that it's their fault, and that if they just get better and stop doing things to warrant it that the other person won't do it anymore.

It's sad, but that's the scenario more often than not.
Was Rihanna abused as a child?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm
Yeata Zi

Like I said... It's easy for someone that's emotionally and mentally stable to say "abuse me once shame on you, abuse me twice shame on me." but often the women are not as well off emotionally and/or mentally. Those sorts of situations really mess you up and especially if it was during childhood. That makes it harder to get over.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm
Death Pop
Yeata Zi

Like I said... It's easy for someone that's emotionally and mentally stable to say "abuse me once shame on you, abuse me twice shame on me." but often the women are not as well off emotionally and/or mentally. Those sorts of situations really mess you up and especially if it was during childhood. That makes it harder to get over.
I reckon.

I just figure if someone beats the hell out of you--you don't go back to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 pm
meekstape
oh no rihanna baby ):

i hope this is just tabloid nonsense and that this isnt really happening. have you read the actual police report of the abuse? it's ******** terrifying.

unfortunately, we live in a society that apologizes for domestic abuse. all of these chris brown fans who support him and are convinced that he changed, that he "served his time" after he only gave a half hearted apology and DIDNT serve jail time. not taking into account he still has issues with extreme violence and anger. all of these fans saying that "chris brown can beat me any day"

its sad, that the media is painting chris brown to be the victim in all of this. it's sad that the media, and other outlets dont encourage more women to come foreward with cases of abuse. instead we get abuse apologists, people who say "well the woman must have done something to deserve it" NO ONE deserves it ): no one at all, regardles if they did anything or not.

also ******** the grammy's. ******** the grammy's for making it seem like chris brown was making some big comeback. absolutely disgusting.

edit: black tea you might wanna put a trigger warning in the thread title and on the image of rihanna. i know you put a mature tag, but just to be safe you dont want to trigger anyone here who is an abuse survivor, god forbid. sad

Oh jesus, I remember getting into a real argument with a girl over Chris Brown when it came to the grammys and Rhianna. She kept going on about how 'She wouldn't have gone back to him if she didn't know that she deserved it' and if it was for the fact that this person can get violent when they're angry I probably would've really gone off at her.
Seriously, I know it's a humour column based of his twitter, but this article really emphasizes the fact that he does not fully get that what he did was a big deal  

orsumo

Tipsy Nerd

10,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 pm
Some of the comments in this thread are so ignorant and disgusting.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff