Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Secret Valentine. Do we want fakes in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Fake Valentine Gifters Be Banned?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kairi Lon

Adorable Kitty

15,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Thread Flip 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 am
I still havent got my gift. I sent a gift to a girl ( I forgot her User name already >.<)) So I know that I sent my Valentines gift already cat_whee
It actually doesnt shock me that I didnt get a gift yet. I am always the girl who never gets any valentines cards from anyone else rather then my Grandma (( which is still good enough for me because I love my Grandma cat_whee ))

Yesterday, my friend gave me a virtual rose. Virtual or not, it was still the first rose that ANYONE has ever gave me. At public schools, I would get a maximum of 3 little mini Valentines Day cards from my best friends (( who are now basically nothing to me since they never talk to me anymore and they became ( I dont want to get banned from the group OR Gaia for saying this so Ill put it in a different way)) they started dating guys like CRAZY and one of them is ALREADY pregnant at age 14 cat_crying

So if your like me and just wanted to actually have a little fun on Valentines day and signed up for this event/contest/ whatever you call it cat_xd And didnt get your gift yet then I feel your pain cat_cry cat_cry cat_crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 am
I say if they read the rules and knew there was a deadline there is no excuse. I hate that excuse oh I was busy and all that such. Well sorry, but most of the time you know your schedule ahead of time. Only thing to change something from your coming online that would be out of your control would be power outage or being called into work on a day off or being asked to work more hours on that day. So yes giving them a week should be more than enough time.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Snapes Muffin

Barton Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:52 am
I Admit I sent mine out this morning, becuase my computer crashed a few days ago, and my little sister was being a d**k and wouldn't let my borrow my mother's laptop for 5 minutes. It's not like I had any other option. I didn't mean for it to be late and I'm sorry about that. But I had no control over it. So I'm sorry, I'll make sure not to join in on something next time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 am
I'm honestly not too sure if my secret valentine gave me a gift cause 3 other people gave me gifts as anon's..but in anycase I agree banning is a harsh offence-

BUT -

they were warned in the beginning;
5k is peasant pennies, and even if they 'forgot' they did sign up for the event;

If you can so easily forget signing up to the event I really dont know what to say.

I agree with banning them from further events, I dont know if I'd ban them from the guild - A bit disappointed people would either be so greedy or irresponsible but then again I have to keep saying this line:

'Its only a kids site and many players are kids there for what I deem as moral and common aren't for these other people."  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Lightning in a Bottle

Beloved Blob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 am
I'm having the exact same issue with my thread in the v-day forums right now.
So many people signed up without reading and I'm getting PMs about it so often... "I don't have the money! I didn't read this!" I think they really just wanted to score a free item though...
But if you do ban these people, and I know the trouble makers will never be allowed to participate in any of my events again, but what is going to stop them from making mule accounts and just join again?
All these people who weren't gifted, that's coming out of my pocket and that's just not acceptable.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 am
Lightning in a Bottle
I'm having the exact same issue with my thread in the v-day forums right now.
So many people signed up without reading and I'm getting PMs about it so often... "I don't have the money! I didn't read this!" I think they really just wanted to score a free item though...
But if you do ban these people, and I know the trouble makers will never be allowed to participate in any of my events again, but what is going to stop them from making mule accounts and just join again?
All these people who weren't gifted, that's coming out of my pocket and that's just not acceptable.

WOW.

Thats just sad-

Perhaps next time in the biggest font and in red you should put things you wish to stress like the due date and minimum amount needed for a item.

Or even if you wish to be drastic, ask for a screenie of their gold via PM.  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Miyoshii

Feline Detective

15,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 am
Thank you for your time with the guild ~ heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Someone please explain to me what this is about, I don't want to be banned. crying  

Saint Judas

Perfect Gaian

AstridMarie

12,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:09 pm
It seems to me that if you sign up for an event like this, you should be very sure that you will be able to log on in time to send a gift and make sure that you have the gold or an item to send before signing up.

If you aren't positive that you can meet all criteria for the event, then you should not participate. There were possibly others that could have taken your place.

If these people do not send their gift within a week, it is clear that they did not take the event seriously and just wanted a free item. If they had time to log on to sign up for the event, then they have time to log on and send the gift.

@ the person who said this shouldn't be a guild-wide announcement: you are wrong. The whole guild should be aware of this. Making it public brings awareness to people that being a phony is unacceptable and cause for ban from the guild.
It isn't like the names of these people are being displayed. Although a blacklist wouldn't be a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:33 pm
I kinda agree with all sides of the fence here, but I don't feel the people should be banned from the guild it self but maybe just the contests and gift exchanges from now on. I understand everyone's frustration on this one... on one hand you have the contest maker (for lack of a better word) who has to hear from everyone who didn't get a gift (I being one of them) and that can be a hard with everyone getting mad at this person. On the second hand you have the people who didn't get a gift and their frustrations. I think giving them a week to make it right is a nice thing to do. When I signed my name to be part of this gift exchange I knew the risk of sending a gift and not getting one myself.  

Little_Princess_Reptar

Sparkly Genius

5,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Hidden Cities

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm
Oh my goodness! I'm so so sorry that I haven't sent out gifts yet, I was in the hospital and I couldn't use the computer :C Sending out my gifts now even if it is a bit late. Sorry y'all redface  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 pm
I say ban them...

but if they get back on in a few weeks and have a super good excuse and are so so so sorry and promise to make it up and beg and plead and cry and really truly are sorry...then let them back in because life happens to everyone... 3nodding  

AutumnHart

Welcoming Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

AutumnHart

Welcoming Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:01 pm
x-Zombie Autopsy-x
Someone please explain to me what this is about, I don't want to be banned. crying

lol If you didn't enter this guilds Valentines event then you are fine.

This is about some people signing up for secret valentine gifting and not sending out their gift. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 pm
I think if they said they'd sent a gift they should send it.... I didn't join in cuz I'm having computer problems & never know 4 sure when I'll be online & when & do the puter I have 2 use won't play BG... It takes 4ever just 2 feed my fish....
If they committed themselves 2 give, they should at least try 2 get online some how.... Maybe the library if they have 2..... It's free there, so I don't get it....
Hope yall did get something U wanted,,, sorry I didn't get 2 be in on this 1... May be next time....  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

Hidden Cities

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 am
Alright, I sent a bunch of gifts and made someone super happy, but I forgot to anonymify one of them, so my mysteriousness didn't really work out whee Truth be told, I didn't even think I had been picked for the secret valentines, but I made up sending a late one with some great stuff to go to a great gal! I really hope you enjoy them  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff