Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
except usually it was someone asking who had a lower grade than me. I think....90% of my class hated me in my composition and drawing classes, where I had like..92-99% averages.
i raped my high school art class.
which i guess doesn't count for s**t.

but it's pretty ******** hilarious cause I literally just did whatever the ******** i wanted.

like,
mechanical wings? CHECK
talking fruit? CHECK
robot sharks shooting eyebeams? ******** CHECK

the rest of my class would get pretty PO'd when my experimental s**t fests beat out their society dead trees and broken dream butterflies

...idk why i quoted this twice
LMAO JESUS

my art classes in high school were nonexistent. ORCHESTRA FOREVER. gonk

and to your first quote: lol well yeah, my college has about only 2000 people in it, and most lived at the dorms with me. xd THEY STILL HATED ME THO.

....btw my art club, everything was emotionally distraught roses and DEEP INNER REFLECTION ANIMU PORTRAITS.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Prince Ichi
LMAO JESUS

and to your first quote: lol well yeah, my college has about only 2000 people in it, and most lived at the dorms with me. xd THEY STILL HATED ME THO.

....btw my art club, everything was emotionally distraught roses and DEEP INNER REFLECTION ANIMU PORTRAITS.
whoa really. I can't even imagine that LOL. What classes did the pot heads take then???
& at least orchestra is supposedly really good for your mental development.

my art classes were free of animu portraits but DAYUM there were a lot of DEEP INNER REFLECTION EYES REFLECTING SHITTY SELF PORTRAITS.
oh and bleeding hearts ugh.

also in graphics. everything everyone did was was either in helvetica or bleeding cowboys with too many ******** curlicues burning_eyes
I also FSU'd in that class. emotion_dealwithit

dang girl, that is a small college o___o
I'm at the second smallest "college" out of 7 at my university and it's about 2000 people DD;

If popularity didn't matter i'd probably be a huuuge d**k. but getting readmitted to my res is purely based on popularity and s**t LOL  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58 pm
[color=emo]
Prince Ichi
LMAO JESUS

whoa really. I can't even imagine that LOL. What classes did the pot heads take then???
& at least orchestra is supposedly really good for your mental development.

my art classes were free of animu portraits but DAYUM there were a lot of DEEP INNER REFLECTION EYES REFLECTING SHITTY SELF PORTRAITS.

also in graphics. everything everyone did was was either in helvetica or bleeding cowboys with too many ******** curlicues burning_eyes
I also FSU'd in that class. emotion_dealwithit

dang girl, that is a small college o___o
I'm at the second smallest "college" out of 7 at my university and it's about 2000 people DD;

If popularity didn't matter i'd probably be a huuuge d**k. but getting readmitted to my res is purely based on popularity and s**t LOL
LMAO EYE PORTRAITS. We had a lot of those, too. djkhf Basically my art club was the anime club, since no such thing existed.

Well, we had art classes, but yeah...all pot heads, and you could never actually get into the classes. XD All the pot heads had last names early in the alphabet somehow, and my last name starts with an S.

I had a design class, too, but I dropped out of it because it was such a joke. (and I wanted a lunch period. 8c)

SCAD Atlanta is a newly opened branch, (like...this is the 7th year i believe), I think the student base is probably in the 3 thousands now, but yeah. Small highscool sized university.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:10 am

Is it true that people actually have to take MULTIPLE CHOICE tests in the US? eek

When I heard that a few years ago, I didn't believe it.

The last time I had the luxury of a multiple choice test was in elementary school, 2nd grade. xd

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:30 am
My art classes were weird, they were 95% "DRAW THIS FRUIT" and the rest was anatomy or weird stuff like drawing yourself a part leopard.
College was better but I drew a whole lot of naked old man junk. Then I painted old man junk. Then I did print making...which thankfully didn't involve old man junk.
It wasn't hard to be top at college, half the class had a freak out when I was the only person who used colours other than peach and brown for skin tone. They nearly had nervous breakdowns when the teacher banned metallic and black paints as well as photo references.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 am
Ven Loraine

Is it true that people actually have to take MULTIPLE CHOICE tests in the US? eek

The last time I had the luxury of a multiple choice test was in elementary school, 2nd grade. xd

we take em in Canada too

you'd think it would be awesome, but multiple choice questions can be a REAL b***h gonk

especially in Biology ;___;  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:13 pm
Ven Loraine

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wait multiple choice is not normal elsewhere?
Wow, never new that, its just common here. Never gave it to much thought.

Really every major test I have taken has been done on a multiple choice sheet, so the administrators have to do is scan it and will be able to tell your score in a few seconds. Its a time saver for the teachers.

Sadly multiple choice is not a easy as it sounds. Many times two answers could work but one is better then the other.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:26 pm
Shiver`
Ven Loraine

Really every major test I have taken has been done on a multiple choice sheet, so the administrators have to do is scan it and will be able to tell your score in a few seconds. Its a time saver for the teachers.

Sadly multiple choice is not a easy as it sounds. Many times two answers could work but one is better then the other.

yeah. What professors hate the most about essays is that students are more likely to try to argue them for points on an essay than with a multiple choice. then you have to defend why students didn't get points for XYZ. deep down inside that's how all your TAs/professors feel about essays....as much as they love essays, since essays make you think more with synthesizing information across what you've learned. sometimes grading rubrics for essay questions can get a little subjective but whatever.

MC is just overall easier to have on a test for: 1) dealing with argumentative students, 2) getting a feel for possible questions that might not be good if too many students fail them, 3) saving time especially with large classes, 4) getting an idea if your students are actually doing the readings

If it seems like two answers could work but one is somehow better than the other, that doesn't sound like a good question to me though. IMO aside from question strategies like "all of the following is true except", tests shouldn't try to be tricky but should ultimately try to test how much you've learned so far, unless the question is also chasing after critical/analytical thinking skills.  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:29 pm
[color=emo]

this one time in my art class

we were making clay sculptures

this one kid beside my was making some broken heart in a cage..to..uhh..represent how he was feeling or something

he leans over and was like

"what are you making?"

"Twin headed dragon turtle monster fighting godzilla"

I got a higher grade  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 pm
Shiver`
Ven Loraine

Sadly multiple choice is not a easy as it sounds. Many times two answers could work but one is better then the other
god i hate this.

especially in eco/evo biology, where sometimes all the answers could be right, you just need to pick the best.

One of my final exam questions was something like:

You plant a seed in a patch of soil and it grows very well. The reason this plant did not previously exist in this area is most likely
a) native species out-competed it
b) it was reduced to extinction via herbivory
c) it was not within its dispersal range
d) the species did not evolve in the area

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

@suitor
loooolololol classic. caged hearts ftw LOL.

best way to do well in art is to not take s**t too seriously xD  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 pm
To be honest, twin headed dragon turtle monster fighting godzilla sums me up pretty well

And really,highschool art teachers just want to be entertained

I would too if I had to grade a billion bleeding hearts of moody teenagers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 pm

I actually took one multiple choice test later, when I was in England. (I guess they do them, too?)

Got 99% although I was 14 and there were students that were 18, I got the best test. BWAHAHA.

Ever since then I think multiple choice is too easy.

I mean... if you get a question and have to reply with the correct answer WITHOUT a hint and also have to remember every tiny detail of the correct reply to get all points... sounds way better to me. There is NO way someone can guess.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm
I had no idea it was taboo to ask what people got as their grades. I'm litterally quite shocked at the violent reactions in here. XD I have no idea if this is some sort of culture difference or if I'm just super duper insensitive. (It's probably a bit of both.) rofl

For as long as my s**t has been graded, I've been asking people what they got as their grades and people have been asking me. /shrug  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:31 pm
Ven Loraine

I actually took one multiple choice test later, when I was in England. (I guess they do them, too?)

Got 99% although I was 14 and there were students that were 18, I got the best test. BWAHAHA.

Ever since then I think multiple choice is too easy.

I mean... if you get a question and have to reply with the correct answer WITHOUT a hint and also have to remember every tiny detail of the correct reply to get all points... sounds way better to me. There is NO way someone can guess.
unless they're essay questions, most of the short answer questions I've ever had to answer are kind of reword what you know and regurgitate. It's easier to go with your first instinct on short answer questions, so they're easier imo xD

and most of the multiple choice tests I've done are CRITICAL THINKING ON STEROIDS questions, or case study type stuff.

@Suitor
that's true.
i feel like just being a teenager who doesn't think bleeding hearts is the epitome of originality and art gets you bonus points.  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 pm
Ugh. I hate smarter-than-thou people. -_- I remember last year I was about to sock this girl in the face in my trig class. I was barely passing while she LOUDLEY RECOUNTED HER AGONY AT HOW BORING AND EASY THE CLASS WAS OMGEEEEEE. I'm just sittin there like "STFU b***h IM TRYIN TO DO MY WORK SO I DON'T FAIL THIS." emotion_bigvein  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff