View Results

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm
Hiitachin Kaoru
Has anybody read The Telling Pool? I might buy it but I don't know if it's any good.

I read The Telling Pool and I thought that it was great. I haven't read any of the others but they all sound so interesting. I'll have to check my library.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:54 pm
I read Fell which is the sequal to The Sight at I fell in love with David Clement-Davids's descriptions and storytelling. My only problem was that I didn't read The Sight first so I didn't know any of the backround story.  

Catred

Magnetic Sex Symbol

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Brandisher 100

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:08 pm
NightIntent
I read Fire Bringer first. Got it in hardcover, for some odd reason, long, long, long before I ever read The Sight. I waited like three years for The Sight to come out in paperback, because I didn't want it badly enough to get it in hardcover (plus I was short of money a lot of the time). But I still like The Sight better. Though in both, all my favorite characters die. And I end up hating the characters I liked at the beginning. Like Rannoch and Fell. I liked both of them in the beginning, but by the end of the books I hated both of them. I don't even know why, they just annoyed me.

Its really wierd but everything you said, is strangely exactly what happened with me. Like I got fire bringer first and in hardcover, and waited for the sight. And I pretty much hated all my favorite characters by then end as well.
haha
I love the books though.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas