Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
COMIC BOOOOOOKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!11!!!1!!!1! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am
As for western graphic novels, I've read Maus, American-Born Chinese, Pride of Baghdad, M. Rex, Foiled and Perseopolis, all of which I highly recommend. As for superhero comics...not really. I want to read the Teen Titans comic one day.

I've also read all of the Avatar: The Last Airbender comics ever made. The adaptations of the series are the ones to pass up on, but the Lost Adventures is great. It is the only way to read the comics that were once in the Nick Magazine and ended up never being published when it got canceled. The sequel comics coming out in January are worth checking out, as they fill in all the plotholes between ATLA and LoK and are done by the guy who did American-Born Chinese. Plus, he promised to tell the fate of Zuko's mom!

As for manhwa, Orange is very, very, very, very beautiful and inspired me to think outside of the box in terms of colors in my art.

I've read a couple manga. FMA, D. Gray-Man, Death Note, Bleach, a bit of Fairy Tail, a bit of Soul Eater, Bakuman...not keeping up to date on any manga at the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 am
I have not read actual comic books since I lost my hard cover copy of the Marvels graphic novel that was also autographed by Alex Ross and that other guy. *mourn*

I still mostly read manga scanlations when it comes to comics. It's the same thing pretty much.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 am
meep12345
Yeata Zi
meep12345
Umm.... cat_rolleyes

Ja, Elfquest, the Boondocks, and C&H are pretty good too... cat_rolleyes
As for graphic novels... Too many to list... cat_stare

SO you love the spider man eh? cat_stare

Oh G_d(dess) No! I heart Carnage cat_redface
He was my supervillain-y crush when I was like 10 cat_sweatdrop
Also, despite each of those comics being labeled "Spider-man", they actually featured a lot of different marvel heroes, such as x-men, fantastic four, avengers, x-factor, new warriors, Dr. Strange, etc, since Maximum Carnage was Carnage's semi-successful attempt at taking over the entire USA...
Plus, you said comic books, so... I couldn't resist posting all that cat_lol
Lol.

Alright!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 am
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
While I do keep up with my favorite characters and plot lines, I've..never...actually...read...a..physical...comic....book...*slinks away*
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

Like i said, no physical copies.  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 am
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
While I do keep up with my favorite characters and plot lines, I've..never...actually...read...a..physical...comic....book...*slinks away*
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

amazooooon! Or really awesome friends.

Almost all of my graphic novels were gifts.

Also where the ******** do you live that you have no comic books easily accessible DD;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

Also where the ******** do you live that you have no comic books easily accessible DD;

western north carolina

Rural western north carolina.

we dont have any nerd stores

save for like...gamestop in the mall  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Meushi

Alien Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 pm
*pulls out her list of comics she reads, watches it roll out the door and across the yard, and into the next country*......anyway....Where would you like me to begin?

Hellboy, of course.

Catwoman, though they stopped making those and I'm not very keen on the new rewrites of DC world....freaking mother sucking...

Batgirl was awesome before they made her evil and was able to talk like she had always been doing so....

I read away to many mangas to list....

I was really into most of the X-men, but then they decided to kill everyone off and restart almost ALL of the comics so....grr...

Iron Man is ok, but I have a hard time getting into it. I don't know he seems to jerky for me, but in later years he has calm down some.

d**k ******** YOU IT'S AWESOME!!

AND GOD sooooooooooooooooo many online comics.....sooooo many.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 pm
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

western north carolina

Not even at the library? or even bookstores in general DDD; DO LIBRARIES EXIST IN NORTH CAROLINA? What kind of book lending/vending establishment does not have graphic novels. that's just weird.

I now have a really poor impression of every state that isn't florida or california or new york.

no wait i have a pretty s**t impression of those places too ;__;  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Meushi

Alien Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 pm
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

western north carolina

I live in the midwest, and the closest store for me was in the next city, half an hour drive away from me. I read comics ALL the time growing up. I live in a VERY small town where I was the weird kid cause I liked comics, was into Anime before anyone knew what the hell that even meant and the internet was just a starting thing when I was but a child, to which I didn't get it until late highschool.....I feel your pain....oh god I feel your pain!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:07 pm
Meushi
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor
strokes hair

you poor thing.

read them onliiiiine~

thats what I do xD

western north carolina

I live in the midwest, and the closest store for me was in the next city, half an hour drive away from me. I read comics ALL the time growing up. I live in a VERY small town where I was the weird kid cause I liked comics, was into Anime before anyone knew what the hell that even meant and the internet was just a starting thing when I was but a child, to which I didn't get it until late highschool.....I feel your pain....oh god I feel your pain!

wait, the NEXT CITY is 30 minutes away?

I have to drive 30 minutes to the god damn grocery store  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Meushi

Alien Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:12 pm
The Undead Suitor
Meushi
The Undead Suitor
[color=emo]
The Undead Suitor

thats what I do xD

western north carolina

wait, the NEXT CITY is 30 minutes away?

I have to drive 30 minutes to the god damn grocery store

We're lucky enough that our town has a Grocery store, but it only carries certain things which sucks. but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

But yes, half an hour, remind you....I read comic books all the time as a kid...I could not yet drive.... gonk emo  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 pm
I haven't read many graphic novels or comics (unless manga counts) but recently my brother got me into Scot Pilgrim. It's absolutely brilliant! whee I'm on volume 5 already.  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

acn period

Beloved Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm
___● It was the Civil War event that got me into comics and led me to fall in love with my favourite heroes. Anything about Captain America, Cloak and Dagger, and the Runaways.

I also LOVE Vertigo. DMZ and Y: The Last Man are just amazing. <3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:58 pm
In the process of picking up the Transformers: War Within series.

I need dis.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Nikunya

Trash Witch

43,740 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 pm
I love comics. My collection is huge and gettin' bigger every year. ......I also go to the local ComiCon every year so I've got a few signed goodies. heart

Oooh...uuum...my top favs. Hellboy, Lenore, The Umbrella Acedemy, Watchmen, Nightmares and Fairytales, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and Scott Pilgrim. Well those are my top favorite series but I do read A LOT more.
I enjoy anything by Doug TenNapel, Black Olive, Mike Mignola, and Foo Swee Chin. OMG I love FSC's art~ heart . I got to meet Doug TenNapel once. I got a signed copy of Gear and a sumi ink drawin' of Klaymen. I was such a happy comic nerd that day.....much like the time I got some signed mini artbooks and a giant hellboy print from Mike Mignola.
I'm not much of a super hero fan but I do like a good Batman story. Anything illustrated by Tim Sale. He does such great illustrations of the villains. ugh! gonk

I have lot's of manga too.....lots. >_> My top favs are Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu and Soul Eater.

aaaand lot's of webcomics. uuummm not gonna list 'em all (some of them are kinda dirty sooo)...I recomend Hanna is not Boys Name, Hark! a Vagrant, Gunshow, Orneryboy, Zebra Girl, and Hemlock. heart  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff