Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:00 am
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Nocturne has reputation for being a game that should be played with a walkthrough guide unless you think being frustrated is fun!

The game has boss encounters where really is only one strategy that works at all for defeating it. If you didn't bring the right demons with you, you're pretty much going to loose because your attacks cannot seriously hurt the boss if it isn't completely immune to what you're using. If you have the right demons but didn't fuse them to have abilities that you need for that encounter, you're going to loose.

If you're not using a walkthrough, you have to figure out what you're going to need then after you loose to the boss encounter, spend time making sure you have the right demons with you for the encounter and that you've fused them with the abilities you are going to need.

Oh and once you beat that boss and progress the story along to the next boss, it's going to be more of the same because the next boss is likely to be immune to whatever demons you used to defeat the prior boss. Now you have to start all over figuring out how to damage him.

The Persona series as a whole is very easy in comparison.

Haha, I've fought bosses like that before. ^^ It's not that bad as long as there isn't a long cutscene beforehand. So I'll probably stumble through on Normal mode without a walkthrough and try Hard mode once I know how to beat everything on Normal.

Persona's hard mode is considered easier than Nocturne's normal mode.

I've also played Digital Devil Saga, which is supposed to be closer to Nocturne than the other SMT games that were released in the US due to having a version of the press turn system. The big differences though are that in Nocturne, unlearned skills are lost forever whereas in DDS they are not. Also instead of having a demon creation and recruitment system like in other games, characters in DDS have a demon form that they transform into.

Although SMT games tend to be dark, Digital Devil Saga and Digital Devil Saga 2 are easily the darkest that I've played. I cannot say I've played any other games that I would describe as being chock full of religious blasphemy and cannibalism.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 am
Whats your favorite game series?
Series eh. Hmm...Onimusha and God of War series.

What system(s) do you play?
PS2 and 3 and PC.

Favorite game character overall?
Cao Cao from the Dynasty Warriors games because I like the historical Cao Cao.  

Ping of Death

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 am
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Nocturne has reputation for being a game that should be played with a walkthrough guide unless you think being frustrated is fun!

The game has boss encounters where really is only one strategy that works at all for defeating it. If you didn't bring the right demons with you, you're pretty much going to loose because your attacks cannot seriously hurt the boss if it isn't completely immune to what you're using. If you have the right demons but didn't fuse them to have abilities that you need for that encounter, you're going to loose.

If you're not using a walkthrough, you have to figure out what you're going to need then after you loose to the boss encounter, spend time making sure you have the right demons with you for the encounter and that you've fused them with the abilities you are going to need.

Oh and once you beat that boss and progress the story along to the next boss, it's going to be more of the same because the next boss is likely to be immune to whatever demons you used to defeat the prior boss. Now you have to start all over figuring out how to damage him.

The Persona series as a whole is very easy in comparison.

Haha, I've fought bosses like that before. ^^ It's not that bad as long as there isn't a long cutscene beforehand. So I'll probably stumble through on Normal mode without a walkthrough and try Hard mode once I know how to beat everything on Normal.

Persona's hard mode is considered easier than Nocturne's normal mode.

I've also played Digital Devil Saga, which is supposed to be closer to Nocturne than the other SMT games that were released in the US due to having a version of the press turn system. The big differences though are that in Nocturne, unlearned skills are lost forever whereas in DDS they are not. Also instead of having a demon creation and recruitment system like in other games, characters in DDS have a demon form that they transform into.

Although SMT games tend to be dark, Digital Devil Saga and Digital Devil Saga 2 are easily the darkest that I've played. I cannot say I've played any other games that I would describe as being chock full of religious blasphemy and cannibalism.

Harder than Persona hard mode? Good. ^^ That's why I'm looking into Nocturne. I want an RPG that'll kick me every step of the way until I can finally say that I've found an RPG that's actually difficult for a change. xd The ones I have now just aren't giving me that challenge I keep expecting.

Huh, maybe I should look into getting Digital Devil Saga and its sequel. The battle system sounds really interesting. smile The storyline being dark won't bug me since I'm pretty difficult to offend. I'm sure I'll cringe at the cannibalism if it's really graphic though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 am

Aw, no one here to play LoL with me? :<

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:58 am
Sara Hysaro
Harder than Persona hard mode? Good. ^^ That's why I'm looking into Nocturne. I want an RPG that'll kick me every step of the way until I can finally say that I've found an RPG that's actually difficult for a change. xd The ones I have now just aren't giving me that challenge I keep expecting.

Huh, maybe I should look into getting Digital Devil Saga and its sequel. The battle system sounds really interesting. smile The storyline being dark won't bug me since I'm pretty difficult to offend. I'm sure I'll cringe at the cannibalism if it's really graphic though.

All 100% of the gore in Digital Devil Saga is in the intro movie after you first start the game. There is an instance after everyone transforms for the first time that someone gets ripped in half and eaten, but that really is the worst of it. After that, it's mostly implied cannibalism.

Sure there is an entire line of cannibalism attacks, but it's not like you see your party actually chewing on enemies during battle. The biggest indicator that your party is eating all the enemies is when one of your party members decides very early in the game to not cannibalize and stops gaining exp points while everyone else in your party continues to gain exp.

Oh and that religious blasphemy that I mentioned... You know all the legendary heroes, angels, demons and gods that you can summon in Persona 4? Well the enemies you encounter, fight [and therefore eat] in Digital Devil Saga take the form of those things. [That bothered me even though the cannibalism didn't.]

This game had an incredibly low print run in stores, but it can still be found for sale online close to the original price. The only SMT games that have seriously inflated in price are the US versions for the original Persona when it was released on the first PlayStation and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment [which is the 2nd half of Persona 2.]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:09 am
The Undead Suitor
my first character was a woodelf, he was pretty cool, current ones a dark elf

cause I loved morrowind

gf made a nord, she breaks peoples knees

Loved me some morrowind, haven't been able to get my hands on skyrim and it kills me that it sounds so addictive.

Denham

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:23 am
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

All 100% of the gore in Digital Devil Saga is in the intro movie after you first start the game. There is an instance after everyone transforms for the first time that someone gets ripped in half and eaten, but that really is the worst of it. After that, it's mostly implied cannibalism.

Sure there is an entire line of cannibalism attacks, but it's not like you see your party actually chewing on enemies during battle. The biggest indicator that your party is eating all the enemies is when one of your party members decides very early in the game to not cannibalize and stops gaining exp points while everyone else in your party continues to gain exp.

Oh and that religious blasphemy that I mentioned... You know all the legendary heroes, angels, demons and gods that you can summon in Persona 4? Well the enemies you encounter, fight [and therefore eat] in Digital Devil Saga take the form of those things. [That bothered me even though the cannibalism didn't.]

This game had an incredibly low print run in stores, but it can still be found for sale online close to the original price. The only SMT games that have seriously inflated in price are the US versions for the original Persona when it was released on the first PlayStation and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment [which is the 2nd half of Persona 2.]

Ah, I gotcha. That's not so bad then. That form of blasphemy is...interesting. I guess in a way it's kinda like role reversal? You plays as demons and fight gods/heroes. ^^ And in the Persona games you summon gods/heroes to defeat shadows. Yeah, it kinda makes sense (though I'm sure the demons your party turns into look nothing like shadows).

Aw, online only? Guess that'll have to wait until later then. Definitely going to look into it though!

I asked for the original Persona game and Innocent Sin on the PSP for Christmas. smile I'm hopeful for Innocent Sin. I read a screenshot LP of Eternal Punishment and I've since wondered what the first half of the story was. Hopefully they'll remake Eternal Punishment sometime in 2012.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 am
I have a few though a personal fave would be the Disgaea series since my ex introduced me to the series.

Wii, PS3, PS2, N64, used to play the gamecube, but it broke, and I used to play with my dreamcast but the controller won't work. ;o;

Too many to think off the top of my head as of now.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Gamori Grigori

Demonic Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:19 am
User Image

Banjo Kazooie. The first game was the first videogame I ever played.

SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360. Though not so much the last since my brother took it to university with him.

Jolly Roger and Motzand. I have a thing for minor characters okay?! emo
(Though I'm also quite fond of Seda and Goro from Dark Cloud, Quickman from the Megaman series and N.Tropy from the Crash series.)

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 am
Whats your favorite game series? I have a couple faves, to be Honest. Final Fantasy is top tier, though. Then KH, LoZ, and Mario.

What system(s) do you play?I play on the Wii every now and then when the kids let me.-lol- And I do a little bit of light gaming on my laptop.

Favorite game character overall? -ponders- Squall Leonhart.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 am
Sara Hysaro
Ah, I gotcha. That's not so bad then. That form of blasphemy is...interesting. I guess in a way it's kinda like role reversal? You plays as demons and fight gods/heroes. ^^ And in the Persona games you summon gods/heroes to defeat shadows. Yeah, it kinda makes sense (though I'm sure the demons your party turns into look nothing like shadows).

Aw, online only? Guess that'll have to wait until later then. Definitely going to look into it though!

I asked for the original Persona game and Innocent Sin on the PSP for Christmas. smile I'm hopeful for Innocent Sin. I read a screenshot LP of Eternal Punishment and I've since wondered what the first half of the story was. Hopefully they'll remake Eternal Punishment sometime in 2012.

Innocent Sin never got released in the US the first time around because of Nazis. Hitler still appears in the PSP version of the game as the Fuhrer, Nazi soldiers are now called Imperial Soldiers and swastikas have been replaced with the iron cross.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:38 am
It's obscure, but my fave game ever is Illusion of Gaia. it seriously had the best midi music you ever heard in your life. Kinda weird gameplay, but I forgive it for that.

Also really loved FF III/VI for the huge cast of lovable characters heart  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:41 am
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Playing Skyrim right! biggrin heart heart heart

Whats your favorite game series? Zelda.
- But I also like Fatal Frame. Silent Hill, Professor Layton, Ace Attorney. When ever a new game is out for any of those I tend to pick it up.

PS3, Wii, DS and PC.

So many D:.
Princess Peach. Cause I always play her. I'll kick your a** in Brawl in a pink dress! scream heart
I'll kick your a** in Brawl as Princess Daisy.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 am
Read All Over
It's obscure, but my fave game ever is Illusion of Gaia. it seriously had the best midi music you ever heard in your life. Kinda weird gameplay, but I forgive it for that.

Also really loved FF III/VI for the huge cast of lovable characters heart

that my friend, is a damn good game. Only ever played it on an emulator.
But enjoyed every bit of it.

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:48 am
I got a PS3 for *early* christmas, so I've been playing FFVII.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff