Do you bother to save your sprue?
  yes
  no
  What's sprue?
View Results

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 pm
notmuch_23
They also make nice ladders for those buildings.
The problem that I have with it is that the rungs look really big. With shaving and whatnot they could look good, but I'd probably use them for stairs! :d  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 pm
Asmusei
notmuch_23
The problem that I have with it is that the rungs look really big. With shaving and whatnot they could look good, but I'd probably use them for stairs! :d

Depends on what sprue you use. Wargames Factory's sprues can get quite small, and that's what I use for rungs.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 pm
notmuch_23
Asmusei
notmuch_23

Depends on what sprue you use. Wargames Factory's sprues can get quite small, and that's what I use for rungs.
Sounds pretty good! I bet you could also use them for frames with a bit of cardstock or something else thin and stiff to fill in gaps, make tents or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm
I'll have to explore the stairs idea...  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm
Finally got around to another sprue use: the girder-style bridge I mentioned earlier, though this one is smaller, simpler, needs a couple of ramps, and will be the subject of my next video.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was inspired by Pegasus Hobbies' Technobridge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 am
Nice!
The other day I took apart on iPod dock for parts and it has a metal mesh across the top and was thinking something like that would be great for a bridge surface, maybe you could find something like that? I'm making a foot bridge out of it right now, so I'll post that as soon as it's done as well.

EDIT:
After fiddling with what I had, I ended up making an Engineer's Bridge; you pull the turret off of a tank and replace it with a simple pneumatic system that deploys and recovers such a bridge. I know that both parts don't match too well, but that's from only having thee cross-sections in the larger one. I like to think it makes things looked slimmed down to lighten the weight as well.

User Image  

Asmusei

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 pm
I've never thought about that. If you can make it work, I'd love to see it!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:11 pm
notmuch_23
I've never thought about that. If you can make it work, I'd love to see it!
I'll finish it once I have a tank to mount if on and have the proper angled pieces to replicate the sturdier bottom piece.
I also have something new to contribute to this thread! As I'm starting a Chaos army, Company of Misery, I decided to chuck a few things together. at this point I still have some arms and pauldrons to assemble and then fill the gaps with just enough sprue to connect the spikes to the frame. Otherwise, probably paint them all to look like Ultra Marines and have TONNES of blood running down from them.

User Image  

Asmusei

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas