Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
ATTN: Needing ppl to start planning This Year's Halloween!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelwingsflower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 am
ewalucja
I'm rather bad at coming up with ideas >.<
But I can add lawnshark to the prizes (not much, but always something, poor thing has not yet lived to see more of its kind)

That would be great, thank you. Remember any prizes, pls send to Sparkling Waters Guild smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 am
I think it'd be awesome for us to have own own representative thread in the event forum. I guess we could always just do it in the guild and let everyone know ahead of time when we'll be holding the events (and count down events, to rope them in early, perhaps...) and invite them along - but we could always host a big party on behalf of the guild to encourage recruiting, and let others participate.

This is entirely a fantasy ambition so you don't need to take it on, but my first thought is something similar to this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/fee-ay-sta-come-chat-questthread/t.72414357/?_gaia_t_=3934

What I mean is there's a list of the hosts at the top, and tonnes of games for people to play. And it wouldn't hurt if our thread looked fanceh.

We could do booty grab related games, for example, if you grab one of our hosts' tanks (catching them glowing in the thread) maybe you get your chance to play a game like TRICK or TREAT! where the user picks trick or treat and wins something random out of a selection of prizes varying in worth. Under each host there could be an analyzer, and if you catch them/bump them/get the best score posted for the game or whatever, you would be asked to pick either trick or treat and you'd get a random item out of the side you chose. Trick could be creepier, nightmare-ish items and treat could be sweet treats, candy-type items. Different active members could each host different games, and we could all pitch in for prizes where we could.

We could have riddles, tektek competitions, random number lotteries, and "The first person to quote the message with the < insert creepy image here> " and reply with an < insert appropriate response here > will win a certain prize.

And of course I'm all for server crowding and meetups! If there's some kind of hunt like at the Easter Event we could all have big meetups together. And dress ups. And a big forum party. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Phieth

Unholy Harvester

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 am
Peachy_Girl_Momo

haha. I hear that. dolphins are good for gold payouts smile

and so are the stone coatls. biggrin they tend to glow together most of the games biggrin

anyway..

what a bout the classic Japanese game, the hyakukowaimonogotari, the 100 scary stories?
biggrin I Believe that read hear and told stories is quite funny, why not gather one circle telling stories until get 100 stories, and by vote chose the scarier, the amazing and give some price to the winner.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 pm
I've always loved sign contests. So maybe we could do some Halloween themed sign contests. It could be one for just coming up with ghastly sayings on the sign. Then the other could be making a sign in your halloween costume saying hello to this guild.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Mika_Len

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 pm
Well, not sure what contests and such we can do...but! I would like to offer my doodle skills and give out freebs during the event. :] <33333  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:11 pm
Vishkah
I think it'd be awesome for us to have own own representative thread in the event forum. I guess we could always just do it in the guild and let everyone know ahead of time when we'll be holding the events (and count down events, to rope them in early, perhaps...) and invite them along - but we could always host a big party on behalf of the guild to encourage recruiting, and let others participate.

This is entirely a fantasy ambition so you don't need to take it on, but my first thought is something similar to this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/fee-ay-sta-come-chat-questthread/t.72414357/?_gaia_t_=3934

What I mean is there's a list of the hosts at the top, and tonnes of games for people to play. And it wouldn't hurt if our thread looked fanceh.

We could do booty grab related games, for example, if you grab one of our hosts' tanks (catching them glowing in the thread) maybe you get your chance to play a game like TRICK or TREAT! where the user picks trick or treat and wins something random out of a selection of prizes varying in worth. Under each host there could be an analyzer, and if you catch them/bump them/get the best score posted for the game or whatever, you would be asked to pick either trick or treat and you'd get a random item out of the side you chose. Trick could be creepier, nightmare-ish items and treat could be sweet treats, candy-type items. Different active members could each host different games, and we could all pitch in for prizes where we could.

We could have riddles, tektek competitions, random number lotteries, and "The first person to quote the message with the < insert creepy image here> " and reply with an < insert appropriate response here > will win a certain prize.

And of course I'm all for server crowding and meetups! If there's some kind of hunt like at the Easter Event we could all have big meetups together. And dress ups. And a big forum party. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.

I need more people to play in my tank....so I love the idea of being a host tank and having people post their scores of my tank. I will take care of all the prizes for my tank. Love the idea of Trick or Treat to chose the prize.  

sachara

Sparkling Girl

Grima4111

3,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • Medalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 pm
Maybe have prizes for the best costumes, like Scariest, Sexiest, Original, Beautiful, and more.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm
Vishkah

This is a great idea. My idea is similar. I was thinking, in the event forum, have a Sparkling Waters sponsored anon gift giving thread, have some selected moderators and have some contests in the thread as well. Plus, people would be chatting. I have set up a basic template and for now it's in the crew only section. I want to set up the posts beforehand, like with all the codes and whatnot already there, so on halloween night, all we have to do is copy and paste it into the event section, otherwise we will have to compete with other threads who set up before us. But, I am not good with fancy graphic or post styles so I will need some major help with that department. If I set up the basic 'look' of the thread and then someone else (I will need someone to volunteer to do this, and someone with image and graphic and post style experience) go through the basic style I made and then add their finishing winning touches to it, and leave it in the thread all nice and pretty until halloween smile  

I Am Lulu Belle

I Am Lulu Belle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:47 pm
azndreams
I've always loved sign contests. So maybe we could do some Halloween themed sign contests. It could be one for just coming up with ghastly sayings on the sign. Then the other could be making a sign in your halloween costume saying hello to this guild.

I have added this to the list  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 pm
Mika_Len
Well, not sure what contests and such we can do...but! I would like to offer my doodle skills and give out freebs during the event. :] <33333

That sounds great! If it's okay, I will get you to be in the main anon thread forum as one of our moderators, where you can do the freebs there. smile  

I Am Lulu Belle

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 pm
I was wondering if you could prepare it in the Test Forum of Gaia then ask a moderator to have to moved or something?
And nice ideas everyone! :O  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:01 pm
I Am Lulu Belle
Vishkah

This is a great idea. My idea is similar. I was thinking, in the event forum, have a Sparkling Waters sponsored anon gift giving thread, have some selected moderators and have some contests in the thread as well. Plus, people would be chatting. I have set up a basic template and for now it's in the crew only section. I want to set up the posts beforehand, like with all the codes and whatnot already there, so on halloween night, all we have to do is copy and paste it into the event section, otherwise we will have to compete with other threads who set up before us. But, I am not good with fancy graphic or post styles so I will need some major help with that department. If I set up the basic 'look' of the thread and then someone else (I will need someone to volunteer to do this, and someone with image and graphic and post style experience) go through the basic style I made and then add their finishing winning touches to it, and leave it in the thread all nice and pretty until halloween smile

Maybe we could order some graphics?

I know of a shop that does just fantastic layouts and banners and stuff, and the prices are quite reasonable. I'd definitely be happy to chip in for it - I'm sure it'd end up looking just super. We'd have to request our theme and colorscheme to her in advance and if she agrees to it she'd make us headers, footers and banners with the themes/pictures/colorschemes of our choice.

I agree, if we're to do this (it IS an ambitious project) we would need a bunch of active members getting very involved and promising to be active and we'd also need a pre-designed concept and layout so it didn't look sloppy. Like we could use that gradient text generator to make TRICK OR TREAT? really orange, yellow and black and centered and larger in size and have a picture of a candycorn underneath it or something. At least that's how I visualise the game somehow! OOOoooooh, and bat wings.... <_<

I like the idea of having it be an Anonymous gift thread and dress up party. If we have our hosts'pictures up top and a link for their quotes underneath each picture, we could make it so if you've played their tank you can click on their quote button, which leads to a reply box with a quote to the user saying TRICK OR TREAT? in Halloween-ey letters (again, posted in advance) - the user has to write their response and when they pick one, their prize is sent. To be fair, we'd have to spread the prizes out across the board so there wouldn't be members with super-prizes and others with lousy ones, so maybe so there'll be no cheating we'd have to either keep a proper list of who received what or have the guild reward all the prizes to each person who plays... <_< I'm kind of running at the mouth here but I'm sort of excited about what might occur if this gets pulled together!  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

angelwingsflower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 am
Vishkah

I know of a shop that does just fantastic layouts and banners and stuff, and the prices are quite reasonable. I'd definitely be happy to chip in for it - I'm sure it'd end up looking just super. We'd have to request our theme and colorscheme to her in advance and if she agrees to it she'd make us headers, footers and banners with the themes/pictures/colorschemes of our choice.

I agree, if we're to do this (it IS an ambitious project) we would need a bunch of active members getting very involved and promising to be active and we'd also need a pre-designed concept and layout so it didn't look sloppy. Like we could use that gradient text generator to make TRICK OR TREAT? really orange, yellow and black and centered and larger in size and have a picture of a candycorn underneath it or something. At least that's how I visualise the game somehow! OOOoooooh, and bat wings.... <_<

I like the idea of having it be an Anonymous gift thread and dress up party. If we have our hosts'pictures up top and a link for their quotes underneath each picture, we could make it so if you've played their tank you can click on their quote button, which leads to a reply box with a quote to the user saying TRICK OR TREAT? in Halloween-ey letters (again, posted in advance) - the user has to write their response and when they pick one, their prize is sent. To be fair, we'd have to spread the prizes out across the board so there wouldn't be members with super-prizes and others with lousy ones, so maybe so there'll be no cheating we'd have to either keep a proper list of who received what or have the guild reward all the prizes to each person who plays... <_< I'm kind of running at the mouth here but I'm sort of excited about what might occur if this gets pulled together!

Yes, I like the idea of ordering the graphics. smile About how much would it set us back? If you could set that up with her, that would be great. We would have to organize a way to pay for this. Some gold could come from me, some from guild mule, some from you, etc etc. Or I might even send my portion of the gold to the guild mule and pay the person directly that way. You could do that too, if you wanted. If you did, send a labelled trade so I knew what it was for.

Yes, it is a huge project to get under way and we would need lots of active moderators. Maybe we should put the word out about it and start taking names? I might send an announcement out in the charities and in the aquarium forums, asking for experienced people only, because we don't need noobs that don't know what they're doing. Or maybe (and I'm saying 'maybe') we could get a well-known thread or guild to co-host with us. I don't know how to do the 'pre designed' stuff, I'm not good with graphics or designs at all. But yellow orange and black sounds great. (I don't know how to do that, though) Again, I would have to get someone who knows what they're doing to create the thread with the moderators pictures and all in them, because I suck at it, and I'm not good with codes at all either. I was thinking gold prizes, and a limit of 5k for each person. (I'm referring to when I or other members post creepy images and someone has to quote the image) Otherwise, there would be whining from people over who got the better item, etc etc.

edit: i think the theme should be orange, yellow and black, when you tell the girl who does the post styles and banner smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:34 am
angelwingsflower
Vishkah

Yes, I like the idea of ordering the graphics. smile About how much would it set us back? If you could set that up with her, that would be great. We would have to organize a way to pay for this. Some gold could come from me, some from guild mule, some from you, etc etc. Or I might even send my portion of the gold to the guild mule and pay the person directly that way. You could do that too, if you wanted. If you did, send a labelled trade so I knew what it was for.

Yes, it is a huge project to get under way and we would need lots of active moderators. Maybe we should put the word out about it and start taking names? I might send an announcement out in the charities and in the aquarium forums, asking for experienced people only, because we don't need noobs that don't know what they're doing. Or maybe (and I'm saying 'maybe') we could get a well-known thread or guild to co-host with us. I don't know how to do the 'pre designed' stuff, I'm not good with graphics or designs at all. But yellow orange and black sounds great. (I don't know how to do that, though) Again, I would have to get someone who knows what they're doing to create the thread with the moderators pictures and all in them, because I suck at it, and I'm not good with codes at all either. I was thinking gold prizes, and a limit of 5k for each person. (I'm referring to when I or other members post creepy images and someone has to quote the image) Otherwise, there would be whining from people over who got the better item, etc etc.

edit: i think the theme should be orange, yellow and black, when you tell the girl who does the post styles and banner smile

This is a link to her shop here. A thread layout including a banners, headers, footers etc starts at 30,000 gold each, but I think we should pay a little extra for such a big job. I really like her work - the textures and unusual text is lovely. But we need to be clear on what we want.

Would we have the header say SPARKLING WATERS HALLOWEEN EVENT THREAD or something? And as for the theme, I'll probably describe what I described to you: orange, yellow, and black, lots of pumpkins and candles and shadows and halloween stuff.

I'd be happy to pay the base price for the layout - and to place the order - but I think an extra 10,000 or even a bit more would be a fairer /more suitable price and better incentive for her to go all out, so if you would contribute 10,000, that would be super. I'll place my order publicly on the thread with the price we agree on and send her a trade so you know I'm not stealing. XD Or if you want, I'll send the guild mule the money and tell her who will be sending the trade/payment - I'll be telling her its ordered on behalf of the Sparkling Waters guild anyway.

I'm keen to be the one making an order and arranging things with her because ordering graphics from her is exciting and I'm currently having something made up by her anyway. If this is something I can do for the guild I'd be thrilled. I hope you like her stuff.

User Image

I think that its super.  

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

angelwingsflower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am
Vishkah
This is a link to her shop here. A thread layout including a banners, headers, footers etc starts at 30,000 gold each, but I think we should pay a little extra for such a big job. I really like her work - the textures and unusual text is lovely. But we need to be clear on what we want.

Would we have the header say SPARKLING WATERS HALLOWEEN EVENT THREAD or something? And as for the theme, I'll probably describe what I described to you: orange, yellow, and black, lots of pumpkins and candles and shadows and halloween stuff.

I'd be happy to pay the base price for the layout - and to place the order - but I think an extra 10,000 or even a bit more would be a fairer /more suitable price and better incentive for her to go all out, so if you would contribute 10,000, that would be super. I'll place my order publicly on the thread with the price we agree on and send her a trade so you know I'm not stealing. XD Or if you want, I'll send the guild mule the money and tell her who will be sending the trade/payment - I'll be telling her its ordered on behalf of the Sparkling Waters guild anyway.

I'm keen to be the one making an order and arranging things with her because ordering graphics from her is exciting and I'm currently having something made up by her anyway. If this is something I can do for the guild I'd be thrilled. I hope you like her stuff.

User Image

I think that its super.

Yes, definately a good idea. I thik yellow orange and black should be our main theme colors, and maybe have some pumpkins, black cats, witches, skulls, some candles, creepy shadows and have the logo saying 'Sparkling Waters Guild Creepy Anon Event Thread'. And maybe we could ask for scary looking font in with that?

I will be willing to pay 20k to her if she puts lots of details into the graphics and fonts and stuff smile I will send you the 20k to send to her and when you get the graphics could you please post it in the guild?

I do like her work, and I think it will be a great step to get graphics from her. smile I will start by sending you 20k is that okay? smile I will send from this account.  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff