Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..
[TRG HONOR] Where were you on 9.11.01? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jennirawr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:15 am
I was tiny so I didn't know what happened mad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 am
OtakuKnightGirl42
Xx-samantha love U-xX
Welll i was with my Father and mother going so my dad could apply for a job In The Twin Towared's but when started happining We Started Running and Me and My Father and Mother Helped a Preagnet Women and Her Too Kid's We Ran Into My Mom Car and Wass So Lucky I Was SpeechLess and Scared Out Off My Mind cry cry cry

Wow, what luck you managed to be here and not be dead.

IKR.... Thank God  

Leee_Samanthaaa

4,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

chibi_darkstar

7,350 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:24 am
I was sitting in my first class waiting for it to end. When a teacher came rushing into the room with panic on her face, whispered to the other teacher who then ran over to the TV and turned it on. We were all very confused at first as to what was going on until we saw what was happening. School was consistent of watching the TV the rest of the day, they even held an emergency assembly if I remember correctly.

I felt bad about what was going on but also for two of my friends who's birthday was that day and they were all excited about having a birthday party. Well the mood of the party was still everyone in shock but myself and another friend did our best to try and lighten the mood for the others so they could enjoy their birthday. It was hard to do because we both felt horrible for all of those people and their families and I was worried about my family because nobody knew where they were going to hit next and they were not far from Pearl Harbor.

My heart goes out to them all. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:24 am
I was in school, bored out of my mind.  

RevanPlaneswalker

Interesting Gatekeeper

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Gaian 50

i_love_nerds2810

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 am

When 9-11 happened I was 4. I lived on army base housing. I remember watching the news and watching the second plane crash into the other tower. My mother was crying with her best friend Lisa, I was crying with her daughter Monica. We tried to call my dad, but the whole base was on lockdown. Lisa was crying even harder because her brother was a pilot. My mother was going crazy that she couldnt get ahold of my dad. My mother went and imediatly locking the door, she felt that we where all in peril... Everyone in the United States that day, I believe was affected by this because the sence of security we had had been, well breached... Well thats where I was on 9-11 and I remember it as clear as day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 am
I was in first grade and the teachers were talking quietly to each other. I heard vague bits of their conversation over the sounds of recess and I had no idea what they meant then. When I got home mom had baked a million different things. Cooking is mom's outlet when she's stressed so I suspected they were hiding something from me, like always. I just didn't know it was so big. When I found out about 9/11 I cried but I promiced myself that I would forgive it all someday.  

Cimmara

2,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Consumer 100

Xx_kearstyn_zalonka_xX

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 am
I was in vegas hoping my dad was safe O_O  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:38 am
I was in school(elementary) on 9/11, me mum rushed to pick me and my sista up from school  

meerkatsrule2000

x - i Q u a c k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:39 am
I was sleeping bc I was 1 years old T.T
Stupid hijackers....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:40 am
I was in college.I found out when I I got to my History class, of all things, and everyone was telling the teacher to put the tv on. He had been listening to cds all the way to campus so he had no idea either - it was pretty surreal.

Ironically, the class was Hist 21, which is American history from the perspective of race, gender, class and creed.We had a lot to talk about.

It's amazing how many Americans chose not to see that it was a World Trade center that was attacked, an attack on capitalism and American policies, that many foreigners were hurt and killed, the mosque in the Twin Towers was destroyed that day, and the people of all religions that were affected.

It is a horrible tragedy and probably the most successful terrorist attack in history. It scared people so badly that even 10 years later people can't see or think straight. It made people so frightened that the country as a whole willing gave up personal freedoms, privacy and civil liberties- everything that the USA is supposed to stand for- for the illusion that we could stop it from happening again.

It prompted the illegally declared War on Terror, a war on Terrorism with terrorism.

Ten year later and people are still living in fear. Why do people keep letting the terrorists win?

-side note virtually nobody talks about the bombings in Mexico that day, a very tiny incident comparatively, but I'm sure that it was pretty important to anyone who was in the government buildings that were bombed that day

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

xsuicideispainlessx

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 am
i was at work right across the river on that day . i remember getting a call from my best friend telling me a plane had hit the twin towers , after that i went to the tv to see what was happening . for weeks the air outside of work smelled like burning death . it is something i will never forget . i could see the smoke from the twin towers from where i worked and i felt the ground shake when the towers fell . i did know someone who died that day in the twin towers . i didnt know him well but i had gone to highschool with him for two years . may he and everyone else who died that day rest in peace  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:47 am
I was probably only 2. But I was still over at the Philippines so I had no idea what in the world happened. But I greatly thank the heros who stopped the madness.  

Lion Drop

Sensei Chyaku

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:53 am
Hopefully this thread will make me feel better after an argument over trolls who said that they didn't care about this event and said I was ignorant...

I was about eight years old when it happened in Florida. I remember my teachers crying when they heard the news and we turned the television on. We got dismissed a few minutes later. I can't remember much more because that was ten years ago...

User Image

Remembering Sept. 11th, 2001 - "United we stand."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:54 am
I was in fourth grade celebrating my birthday. I came in from recess to find out people died. So we stopped celebrating and I locked myself in a bathroom stall for two hours with our male principle trying to get me out. I still despise my birthday for that.  

Kyrais

Sparkly Shapeshifter

14,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Riven Larustaki

Dapper Cultist

15,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:55 am
I was in the 5th grade and I was in Florida at the time. We had just come back from a trip to art class and our teacher was not in the room. After about 5 minutes the principal came in and was talking to our gym teacher, he was watching us while our teacher was gone, I heard them talking about putting something on the tv and they were arguing about whether or not they should. The principal told him he would and so he pulled out the tv and turned it to the news. We spent the rest of the day watching the news until our parents came and got us from school. At one point our teacher had come back in the room. He was crying so I left my desk and asked him what was wrong. He said his brother works in one of the world trade centers and he tried calling him but couldn't get through. When we came back the next day he had gotten a phone call from his brother he was alright.  
04: Guild Memories - Old events, historic threads, etc..

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games